Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 11:29 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
1 Tim 4:10 'For it is for this purpose we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

Simply compare with John 3:16.

John 3:16 'For God so loved the world [the living God who is the Savior of all men,] that He gave His uniquely born Son, that whoever believes in Him [especially of believers] should not perish but have eternal life.
1Ti 4:10 ForG1063 thereforeG1519 G5124 we bothG2532 labourG2872 andG2532 suffer reproach,G3679 becauseG3754 we trustG1679 inG1909 the livingG2198 God,G2316 whoG3739 isG2076 the SaviourG4990 of allG3956 men,G444 speciallyG3122 of those that believe.G4103

The word translated as "specially" there is not even used in John 3:16.

It is used here:

Gal 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

So if you say that 1 Tim 4:10 that the specially part is only applicable to believers then in Gal 6:10 you have to apply the same reasoning and say that your only supposed to be good to those of the household of faith.

It is used here also:

1Ti 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

So clearly we can see a distinction being made with use of this word. So 1 Tim 4:10 is showing us that all men is not limited to just those that believe. Which means God is going to save unbelievers also.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:52 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Sorry. I have already settled that argument, based upon the Hebrew text by which the Greek word was derived. It isn't will, it is desire, or pleasure. Which is why we let scripture, interpret scripture. This way, there can be NO argument.
Hot even if it was desire we know that Isaiah said that God's word accomplishes what He desires .

So is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Jesus is the word of God , and the scriptures quite clearly here tell's us, that His word(Jesus) accomplishes what He desires it was sent for.

What was Jesus sent for ?

Old 01-02-2011, 12:01 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hot even if it was desire we know that Isaiah said that God's word accomplishes what He desires .

So is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Jesus is the word of God , and the scriptures quite clearly here tell's us, that His word(Jesus) accomplishes what He desires it was sent for.

What was Jesus sent for ?
To be the Savior of the lost sheep of the house of Israel(World-System=Kosmos), especially to those that believe.

Mission accomplished.

Now, it is time for the rest of humanity to acknowledge this fact, and submit to Him as King. Otherwise, they are simply dead.

You cannot take a covenant, and apply it to ALL of humanity. It does not work. Jesus was sent for a specific purpose, to a specific peoples. Ask Him, He will tell you.

"But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel".- Jesus
But he answered and said, "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel".-Jesus

We have the luxury of being grafted in, through faith,,,not shoved in unwillingly.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:14 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
To be the Savior of the lost sheep of the house of Israel(World-System=Kosmos), especially to those that believe.

Mission accomplished.

Now, it is time for the rest of humanity to acknowledge this fact, and submit to Him as King. Otherwise, they are simply dead.

You cannot take a covenant, and apply it to ALL of humanity. It does not work. Jesus was sent for a specific purpose, to a specific peoples. Ask Him, He will tell you.

"But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel".- Jesus
But he answered and said, "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel".-Jesus

We have the luxury of being grafted in, through faith,,,not shoved in unwillingly.
We have gone round in circles before on what the world is that Jesus came to save, i reject your interpretation of it,simply on the basis that God is God because of nature and character(true to himself).If i had the ability and capability to save all i would, if i being evil would do so if i could, how much more would our heavenly Father ?.

Your vision of who God really is, is obscured by sin,condemnation,death and annihilation.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:23 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
I am not sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:24 PM

175 posts, read 174,752 times
2Pe 3:9 -
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

If God is all powerful as the church says He is, it boggles the mind how they, from the other side of their mouths, say He won't have His desires come to fullfillment.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:32 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boanerges View Post
2Pe 3:9 -
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

If God is all powerful as the church says He is, it boggles the mind how they, from the other side of their mouths, say He won't have His desires come to fullfillment.
God desired that Jews would obey the 10 commandments too, and Jesus said he desired many times to gather Israel under His wings, and God desires that all people would believe in Christ, and He desires us to love our neighbor, but people can go against His desire. When it comes to belief and salvation, God permits people to go against His desire.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:42 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
God desired that Jews would obey the 10 commandments too, and Jesus said he desired many times to gather Israel under His wings, and God desires that all people would believe in Christ, and He desires us to love our neighbor, but people can go against His desire. When it comes to belief and salvation, God permits people to go against His desire.
All Spiritual Jews ALWAYS obey His commandments.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Amen.

They(UR) have to keep rewriting the bible to fit their own personal feel good interpretations of who God is, and what exactly justice is according to their own appetites.

So they come up with second chances, other lives, temporal punishments, wrong translations, etc, etc. The list will be endless, even though they(UR) go directly against Jesus and His teachings, even though Paul sounds really good to them because of out of context verses used to MAKE their agendas fit.

Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, and regard the patience of our Lord, salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen

To each his own. The only reason I even make the attempt to respond to this dribble, is for those who have not currently made switch but are contemplating it. They(UR) sound all good, and loving, until you call them on their doctrines,,,and then it is gnashing of teeth. If you cannot tell, just look at all the posts when someone calls them on their doctrine, and see how many come out of the woodwork.

The Word must interpret the Word, from Genesis to Revelation. You cannot just Paul's letters, and make a entire theology around it, ignoring even Christ's Words. Sad to say the least.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
All Spiritual Jews ALWAYS obey His commandments.

Really? The list is long of spiritual Jews in the Bible, and I haven't seen a perfect one yet outside of Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity