U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 12-30-2010, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,219,196 times
Reputation: 629

Advertisements

Ilene brought this to my attention while addressing Finn. Millionaires everywhere and poverty everywhere. What are we doing about it? What do we waste? Why do politician get such big paychecks? Why do stars get such big paychecks? Because we waste everything. Go to a movie, one person, you cant without spending at least $10. Go to the grocery store spend $100 dollars and see what you wasted your money on. Look thru all your belonging, what is the waste in your house? Do you have a cell phone? A computer? A TV? Clothes you never wear? Books you never read? Look around, what do you waste? How is your life serving God?

I a no better than anyone else, I look in my garbage can and see plastic, paper, tin, food. Why is that stuff in the garbage? Because I am lazy. I spond 99% of my time in a truck, this is my home and I see waste everywhere. Cars sitting in feilds, dumpters overflowing, rotting wood everywhere because we are all lazy.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-01-2011, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,219,196 times
Reputation: 629
Well I guess this was a bust, no one wants to look at themselve for what they trully are but prefer pointing finger at others. The millionaires of this world, where is their spirituality? Ask that question of everyone not just the rich. Everyone everywhere is selfish to a degree sometimes minimal sometimes extreme and the bad thing about it is the world system forces people to be selfish. Do you see Satan at work even in the most spiritual lives?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2011, 10:04 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,682 posts, read 48,624,882 times
Reputation: 11862
Jesus said that the rich should sell all their possessions and give to the poor.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2011, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Florida
21,088 posts, read 21,838,882 times
Reputation: 25549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Jesus said that the rich should sell all their possessions and give to the poor.

It's easy to point fingers at the Bill Gates of the world.
Do you think somebody like this would consider anyone that reads these boards "rich"?
Childhood obesity: Should parents be charged with child abuse?

It's a comparative thing, isn't it?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2011, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,219,196 times
Reputation: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Jesus said that the rich should sell all their possessions and give to the poor.
No He didnt, He told one rich man to sell all that he had and give it to the poor to see if he trully wanted to follow Jesus, apparently he didnt.

Nice try and I trully respect you for the effort.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2011, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,219,196 times
Reputation: 629
[quote=old_cold;17213456]It's easy to point fingers at the Bill Gates of the world.
Do you think somebody like this would consider anyone that reads these boards "rich"?
Childhood obesity: Should parents be charged with child abuse?

It's a comparative thing, isn't it?[/quote]

Yes it is, we all need to look at what we waste, time, spirit, physical, monetery, we all waste what others could use.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2011, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Somewhere
6,370 posts, read 6,100,803 times
Reputation: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
No He didnt, He told one rich man to sell all that he had and give it to the poor to see if he trully wanted to follow Jesus, apparently he didnt.

Nice try and I trully respect you for the effort.
Jesus spoke earthly things to teach of heavenly things. Jesus was not saying to feed the literally poor people (although that is a nice thing to do). The poor are those that lack the Holy Spirit. Jesus wants us who are rich in Spirit to give to them.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2011, 10:31 AM
 
13,625 posts, read 22,492,900 times
Reputation: 18493
I see people sitting in their hind quarters surrounded by all their "stuff" that seems to make them happy and comfortable and saying it is Gods will there is poverty, famine and drought in the world. I see people around me living terrible sinful lives who claim all their shortcomings on Satan and his demons because "The devil got a hold of me"

Then I see people donating money and time to charities, food kitchens, building and repairing homes,donating household items and clothes to local charities, fostering homeless, helpless children, etc, etc, etc...

There are many many people (millionaires included, Robin) doing those things without letting the right hand know what the left one is doing.

I am not pointing fingers at anyone, I just try see the goodness in people. There are plenty of them out there regardless if they are believers or not.

It is a big world Robin and it is not perfect, but there are millions of people doing what they can and loving his neighbor as himself.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2011, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,219,196 times
Reputation: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I see people sitting in their hind quarters surrounded by all their "stuff" that seems to make them happy and comfortable and saying it is Gods will there is poverty, famine and drought in the world. I see people around me living terrible sinful lives who claim all their shortcomings on Satan and his demons because "The devil got a hold of me"

Then I see people donating money and time to charities, food kitchens, building and repairing homes,donating household items and clothes to local charities, fostering homeless, helpless children, etc, etc, etc...

There are many many people (millionaires included, Robin) doing those things without letting the right hand know what the left one is doing.

I am not pointing fingers at anyone, I just try see the goodness in people. There are plenty of them out there regardless if they are believers or not.

It is a big world Robin and it is not perfect, but there are millions of people doing what they can and loving his neighbor as himself.
Amen!! And there are those who do these things as well for carnal reasons, but that is another discussion all together.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2011, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Florida
21,088 posts, read 21,838,882 times
Reputation: 25549
The only ones I have a problem with are the ones that speak out that it should be someone else that should be doing the giving....usually someone else is just anybody that has more than they do.....so it's seen as excess....even when they themselves have more than others.
Again, it is a relative thing.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top