Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 12:01 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,972,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Just because he wrote it, doesn't mean it is correct.

Remember only God is perfect, the author is not God erego his entire premise could be wrong.
Yep. I was thinking the very same thing. There's a lot of stuff been WRITTEN that is completely untrue and inaccurate. I do find it weird that someone would go to great lengths to spread the dogma of Eternal Torment as if it were some sort of "ministry". Spreading misery and fear is the devil's work.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:05 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,972,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The rich man went to hell and was in such torment that his tongue hurt.
If your tongue was on fire, would just a drop of water help? And would you ask your loved ones to come to hell on your behalf? And how could you even talk if your body was literally burning --- I mean, you'd probably be screaming, but having a calm conversation? One other question... is this hellish place there because God is holding a grudge? As some may know, I believe this world is hell and that we were born into hell.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:07 AM

32,881 posts, read 26,100,556 times
Quote:
so are the people in hell going to be alive or not?
Death is not cessation of existence. It is separation. Physical death is the separation of the soul from the body. Spiritual death is separation from God in time. The second death is separation from God for all eternity. It is spiritual death perpetuated throughout all eternity future in hell.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:10 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,331,087 times
A thought came to me on another thread, I thought it might be of benefit to some here too:
God won't allow Adam to have 100 percent success without Christ also having the same. Otherwise Adam would be the victor, not Christ.
Think about it, folks.

Blessings,
brian

Old 12-31-2010, 12:12 AM

6,370 posts, read 6,986,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Death is not cessation of existence. It is separation. Physical death is the separation of the soul from the body. Spiritual death is separation from God in time. The second death is separation from God for all eternity. It is spiritual death perpetuated throughout all eternity future in hell.
So Jesus was separted from God when He died, correct?

Old 12-31-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
A thought came to me on another thread, I thought it might be of benefit to some here too:
God won't allow Adam to have 100 percent success without Christ also having the same. Otherwise Adam would be the victor, not Christ.
Think about it, folks.

Blessings,
brian
Yes it is true but ETers believe that Adam will gain more.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yep. I was thinking the very same thing. There's a lot of stuff been WRITTEN that is completely untrue and inaccurate. I do find it weird that someone would go to great lengths to spread the dogma of Eternal Torment as if it were some sort of "ministry". Spreading misery and fear is the devil's work.
The reality of the unbelievers final disposition in the lake of fire in eternal conscious torment is a Biblical truth. Truth must always be defended from those who attack it.

Alright. As I said, debate is useless. The universalists on this forum just keep posting the same objections, ridicule, and often insults. I will not indulge them in that.

Again. The information in the paper is there for those who are interested.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The reality of the unbelievers final disposition in the lake of fire in eternal conscious torment is a Biblical truth. Truth must always be defended from those who attack it.

Alright. As I said, debate is useless. The universalists on this forum just keep posting the same objections, ridicule, and often insults. I will not indulge them in that.

Again. The information in the paper is there for those who are interested.
Truth is that immortality is a gift for the righteous. You keep supposing it is a gift for the wicked. The bible refutes that. You also have the damned experiencing ETERNAL LIFE in hell fire. The scriptures already refute this. They say the WAGES of sin is DEATH. IT cannot be both.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:21 AM

What is even more absurd is that Mike believe the wicked will be torment - yet live forever in that torment. So what gives? - the scritpures nowhere speak of a regernating mortality. But if someone can be consumed and yet live forever then the Bible must somewhere speak of a regenerating mortality. And it DOES NOT!

Mike would be best to bow out of this argument because he cannot win it - the scriptures are NOT in his favor.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Truth is that immortality is a gift for the righteous. You keep supposing it is a gift for the wicked. The bible refutes that. You also have the damned experiencing ETERNAL LIFE in hell fire. The scriptures already refute this. They say the WAGES of sin is DEATH. IT cannot be both.
Those interested may refer to Dan. 12:2, John 5:28-29, and Acts 24:15.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity