Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 01:09 PM

910 posts, read 1,338,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
May 21, 2011 - Noah Knew, WeCanKnow! Christ's Return on Judgment Day: May 21, 2011

So I see all kinds of foolishness posted all over New York City about the world coming to an end in 2010, specific dates given so I followed the website. Hidden deep with the contents is the mastermind behind all of this and it is no other than that half dead looking man, Harold Camping. Actually, I think he is already dead but he doesn't know it yet. Someone needs to let him know and haul him off the air; him and his nonsense.

The dude's been predicting dates for the end of the world since 19 how long and people are STILL supporting his garbage.

I do not hold brief for the guy trying to predict in the link supplied, however, it is impossible that Christ is not with us now, going by the bible. In Mathew 24, Christ talked about several thing namely

a) The destruction of the temple
b) The coming destruction by the Romans
c) The coming of the Son of man and the signs that confirm his coming
d) The end of the world or the day of judgement and the day of revelation of the Son of man.

It is only the last item on the agenda -the day of judgement or the day of the revelation of his person that he says he cannot tell. The mistake we make is to think that when he comes he immediately starts Judgement. We forget that the Bible says that he must work till he put down all his enemies. The last enemy is death.

In his 2nd advent, he will similarly not be recognized. Luke 17 :20

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see [it].
23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after [them], nor follow [them].
24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one [part] under heaven, shineth unto the other [part] under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

Pay attention to verse 25. This rejection is on the 2nd time he appears, not only with his 1st advent.

If a generation is 2000 years, then from 2001, he must have started his work or his reign. His name cannot be Jesus anymore, for he has a new assignment and comes with a new name Rev 3:12. But the world will not accept him till we see his day or his judgment.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 02:48 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
If Jesus didn't know....I doubt anyone else, including this guy, knows either. I never speculate on this subject at all because I don't care one way or another.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:03 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I posted a similar thread about this that went nowhere.....apparently people don't care that the world is going to end in 2011. Go figure.
It can't, I've got food in the pantry that doesn't' expire until 2012 or later
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity