Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 06:20 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
All that I understand what you're trying to say is the first paragraph...the rest

But that's ok.... excuse it however you'd like.

Romans 12:19
Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

Matthew 25:41
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

When God does this to unbelievers that die in their unbelief... it's because of his will.
Twin you are saying that you found the narrow gate, please tell me how God gets credit for that ?.

You have never found a narrow gate, you know it, God know's it and all who have been found of God know it. You would not know what a narrow gate looked like if it was staring you in the face, unless God led you to it and opened your eyes to it and said enter in, which would mean you didn't find it.

You as a believer found nothing and more to the point have nothing that has not been already given to you by God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 08:45 AM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
pcamps,

I know it doesn't make sense. Our logical mind can't connect the two truths
  1. God gets the credit for us finding the gate
  2. Humans are accountable and at fault for rejecting

The Lord says "make every effor to enter through the marrow door".

Luke 13:23-30 (New International Version, ©2010)

23 Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”
He said to them, 24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’
“But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’
26 “Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’
27 “But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’ 28 “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:08 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,432,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Twin you are saying that you found the narrow gate, please tell me how God gets credit for that ?.

You have never found a narrow gate, you know it, God know's it and all who have been found of God know it. You would not know what a narrow gate looked like if it was staring you in the face, unless God led you to it and opened your eyes to it and said enter in, which would mean you didn't find it.

You as a believer found nothing and more to the point have nothing that has not been already given to you by God.

Technically .... We "find it" by stop rejecting. For us to be able to stop rejecting is by the Spirit through the word.

Many will not stop rejecting. That is why the road and gate are wide

Old 01-07-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

He said to them, 24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’
26 “Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’
27 “But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’ 28 “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.
Who was he saying this to? and what Covenant was in place when he was saying this ?. Finn the day you see and understand that that He found you and all that you have is what he's already given you, you will be free indeed.
We were the ones lost,so much so it took someone to find us, it is not Christ who is lost, that we have to Go find him.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Technically .... We "find it" by stop rejecting. For us to be able to stop rejecting is by the Spirit through the word.

Many will not stop rejecting. That is why the road and gate are wide
Twin there's no technicality to it, we were lost in our way's and then found by him who is the way.

I'm forever grateful that he opened my eyes to the reality of Him who is called the way and that he led and now leads me in the way(the reality of life).

Old 01-07-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:

Finn_Jaber,

I agree.. the way to make "every effort" is to "hear" the message when the opportunity is still available. There are people who put spiritual and physical road blocks to "hear" the message.

That is why Jesus says "make every effort" to " "hear" the message" before "the owner of the house gets up and closes the door"
Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. Romans 10:17
An example of spiritual of not "hearing the message", Jesus said this:
"You diligently study the Scriptures.....yet you refuse to come to me to have life." John 5:38-40 .....
they are not "hearing" it despite diligently studying.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

An example of a physical of not "hearing the message" is having other priorities that doesn't allow you to physically hear the message: Luke 9:58-62

Jesus said:
He said to another man, “Follow me.”
.. But the man replied, “Lord, first let me go and .... _______.”

Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and..._______."

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I should probably say this now because I know there are antagonists just waiting.....

Jesus point isn't about whether to bury a family member vs following him or saying good by to family members .... his point is about priorities.
Don't expect any sympathy from God (the owner of the house) when the door is closed (the narrow gate of heaven) when you come knocking and pleading Luke 13:25
if your mentality is "I'll get around to believing whenever it's convenient for me"

Old 01-07-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Twin there's no technicality to it, we were lost in our way's and then found by him who is the way.

I'm forever grateful that he opened my eyes to the reality of Him who is called the way and that he led and now leads me in the way(the reality of life).
I say "technicality" because of decision theology.

How else does one word it so as not to promote decision theology ...giving God the credit for coming to faith while speaking the other truth that people do reject the offer and are held accountable. (Which should be the greater lesson from Luke 13:23-30)

Like you I'm forever grateful and will be forever

Old 01-07-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Who was he saying this to? and what Covenant was in place when he was saying this ?. Finn the day you see and understand that that He found you and all that you have is what he's already given you, you will be free indeed.
We were the ones lost,so much so it took someone to find us, it is not Christ who is lost, that we have to Go find him.
He is saying to you and me and everyone else, and I am free already, praise the Lord.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
He is saying to you and me and everyone else, and I am free already, praise the Lord.
Finn it would be very helpful if you told us how you being one of the few, how you found the narrow gate.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Finn_Jaber,

I agree.. the way to make "every effort" is to "hear" the message when the opportunity is still available. There are people who put spiritual and physical road blocks to "hear" the message.

That is why Jesus says "make every effort" to " "hear" the message" before "the owner of the house gets up and closes the door"
Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. Romans 10:17
An example of spiritual of not "hearing the message", Jesus said this:
"You diligently study the Scriptures.....yet you refuse to come to me to have life." John 5:38-40 .....
they are not "hearing" it despite diligently studying.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

An example of a physical of not "hearing the message" is having other priorities that doesn't allow you to physically hear the message: Luke 9:58-62

Jesus said:
He said to another man, “Follow me.”
.. But the man replied, “Lord, first let me go and .... _______.”

Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and..._______."

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I should probably say this now because I know there are antagonists just waiting.....

Jesus point isn't about whether to bury a family member vs following him or saying good by to family members .... his point is about priorities.
Don't expect any sympathy from God (the owner of the house) when the door is closed (the narrow gate of heaven) when you come knocking and pleading Luke 13:25
if your mentality is "I'll get around to believing whenever it's convenient for me"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity