Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 06:43 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
See Finn_Jarber, HotinAZ believes they are consumed also.
Don't you think you are being a little dishonest here? And not just a little. You are the one selling the 'consumed' idea and you offer out of context verses to support the idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 07:09 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
This thread is one of the most powerful indicements of Eternal torment that I have started. The subject is much more constricted in how it can be intepreted and is a trap for the ETers. Mike (the usual ETer slinger) has pretty much been slow to respond here verses others threads. I hope he wakes up and re-engages along with the other disbelievers. After all, we need them here. We need them for our own gain that we might produce fruit.
That certainly doesn't sound very humble, trettep. Spiritual matters are not a sporting event or a competition.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:23 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It talks about what will happen to Satan during the 2nd coming. The 'wicked' here is 'the lawless one', and he will be revealed and overthrown. You are arguing simply for the sake of arguing and throw in any out of context verse you can find and hope it works. I am not going to play this game with you, expecially when you say you do this 'for your own gain'.
So you believe Satan will be consumed then, correct?

Old 01-03-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Don't you think you are being a little dishonest here? And not just a little. You are the one selling the 'consumed' idea and you offer out of context verses to support the idea.
No, they are not out of context. Besides, I said from the beginning the lake of fire is allegorical and the consumption is allegorical. But we have to first comprehend the scriptures from a literal perspective before we address them Spiritually. If you can't understand earthly things then how will you understand Spiritual things.

The scriptures tell of the 'consumed' idea of the wicked. There are other ones in the OP as well.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
That certainly doesn't sound very humble, trettep. Spiritual matters are not a sporting event or a competition.
I'm for them Heartsong, not against them.

Tit 1:10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
Tit 1:11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
Tit 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

Old 01-03-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
So you believe Satan will be consumed then, correct?
Again, YOU are the one trying to prove anyone is consumed, so QUIT telling everyone that I am the one trying to sell it.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Again, YOU are the one trying to prove anyone is consumed, so QUIT telling everyone that I am the one trying to sell it.
That is what the Bible is telling us. It is telling us the wicked will be consumed. This contradicts any preaching by others that the wicked will be immortal and live forever in a lake of fire.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Finn_Jarber, you said the verses regarding the wicked one being consumed referred to Satan. So you told us that you believe Satan will be consumed.

//www.city-data.com/forum/17236358-post40.html

So if you are of the belief that Satan will be consumed then how can Satan burn forever in a lake of fire?

Old 01-03-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Finn_Jarber, you said the verses regarding the wicked one being consumed referred to Satan. So you told us that you believe Satan will be consumed.
No, I told you the verses have nothing to do with afterlife.You are the one trying to prove something about someone being consumed, so quit trying to make it sound like it it me trying to prove it. Snap out of it. I am not interested in this game of yours, so don't expect another reply.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
No, I told you the verses have nothing to do with afterlife.You are the one trying to prove something about someone being consumed, so quit trying to make it sound like it it me trying to prove it. Snap out of it. I am not interested in this game of yours, so don't expect another reply.
You said Satan is to be consumed since you said he was referenced as the "wicked" in the verse. Again here is your post:

//www.city-data.com/forum/17236358-post40.html

So when is it that Satan gets consumed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity