Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 11:03 PM

207 posts, read 714,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
It does not say it will be before the tribulation. Of course Christ will come and call his elect but it does not say they will avoid the trial. I believe they will suffer more than most, again to temper them and stregthen their faith and resolve. Remember Christ said "you will be hated of men for my sake" (paraphrase) All who are true followers of Christ will suffer persecution.
There's a world of difference in the implications of a pre-trib vs. a post-trib rapture. I believe most modern day Christians (professing or otherwise) are laxidasical and complacent because they don't think they will have to endure the persecution of the forces of AC during the Tribulation. I believe they are in for a rude awakening. The end will not come until there is a great falling away first. This is the great apostacy(sic). Daniel says the AC will wear out the saints. Jesus said we may have to die for our faith. Are we much better than the saints of the 1st century? Martyrdom is part of the Christian faith. Rev 13:16-18. The collapsing economy - the coming police state - go figure.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:04 PM

396 posts, read 598,589 times
Fulfilled already!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2011, 10:50 PM

205 posts, read 239,570 times
You were saved when you believed in jesus christ and this can never be changed most in this country were saved at very early age when sang jesus loves me. You added jesus to your vocabulary just like your hand is called your hand your foot your foot ect..

Old 01-24-2011, 01:45 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baront70 View Post
You were saved when you believed in jesus christ and this can never be changed most in this country were saved at very early age when sang jesus loves me. You added jesus to your vocabulary just like your hand is called your hand your foot your foot ect..
That's right, once saved always saved. No one can snatch us from our Father's hands, no one!! We are His forever and ever, amen. But unfortunately Jesus is not a part of everyone's vocabulary, except to be taken in vain. But that's alright, Jesus had/has a plan for ALL of us!! It doesn't matter how much a person hates the name of Jesus Christ or God, they will all be made to understand and come to love Him in the end. It is the undeniable truth, as spoken of in the bible:

Philippians 2:9-11
9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

It will happen, just like the Bible says it will. Hallelujah!!

Old 02-24-2011, 09:32 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Time to revive this thread!! Who else believes Jesus returns this year?! Come on!!

Old 02-24-2011, 11:18 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Time to revive this thread!! Who else believes Jesus returns this year?! Come on!!
Why is so much time wasted on this subject? I just don't see how these threads delight God or honor Him?

Old 02-25-2011, 08:12 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
No, when it needs to be revived is January 1, 2012 when nothing has happened to show the absurdity of such hysteria based solely on superstition.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:20 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
No, when it needs to be revived is January 1, 2012 when nothing has happened to show the absurdity of such hysteria based solely on superstition.

Yeah, then there will be a new thread, "Come on, who believes Jesus will come in 2012"

It is like someone trying to guess a number between 1 and 1000.

is it 1? no! is it 2? no! is it 3? no! is it 4? no! is it 5?..........

Old 02-25-2011, 10:04 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,274,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Allen, I respect your zeal for God, but just hear the words of one who has lived through close to 70 years of prediction after prediction that "This is the year"..Christ never told us the year, the date or even the century of His return. He said He did not know..that only the Father knows.

The "signs" you and others are looking at are nothing out of the ordinary that has happened again and again in our past..I was born at the beginning of WW11..The world didn't end, I was very much alive during the Korean conflict, the Bay of Pigs, the Cuban Missile Crisis, Viet Nam,, etc, etc and also endured many earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, tsunami's, starving people, ruthless dictators and the world has survived and so have I.

It just is not believable that so many people claim to know, or feel, or have figured it mathematically even though Christs words say "I don't know"

What a wonderful message of Christ's love and the Fathers grace and mercy you and so many others could be bringing to those who want to know and feel the love of God if you would just let His light shine through you. Let people know His love, not the wrath you seem to be longing for Him to bring to the unbelievers.

Love is what draws people to Christ, not fear.
Very well said Miss Blue! Couldn't agree more.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:42 PM

9 posts, read 9,120 times
Default I think of it as a counting backwards

hi! I think of it as a counting backwards, because Daniel wrote at the end of his book, verses 11 and 12, about a blessed day..

(paraphrased!) "From the time that the daiLy sacrifice is taken away" (surely this is the Wailing Wall? Matthew 24:1,2) " and the abomination which desolates" (666) "is set-up will be three and one half" (Hebrew) "years. Blessed is the one who waits and comes to the three and one half years and 45 days". I.e, 666 runs for 45 days, likely the last "ten days" being the most critical when it escalated from "cannot buy or sell" to "will be killed". What blessed event occurs on that 45th day? (Matthew 24:29 & 31) ["ten days" is a reference to rev 2:10]

So, although there is no date on a calendar we can point to, I do think there is a counting backwards!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity