Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 11:58 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,960,567 times

Advertisements

John 16:8 (New Living Translation)

Christ speaking of the job of the Holy Spirit - something that you want. It's a good thing.

8 And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment.

No conviction = No Holy Spirit = (You do the math)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 12:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
John 16:8 (New Living Translation)

Christ speaking of the job of the Holy Spirit - something that you want. It's a good thing.

8 And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment.

No conviction = No Holy Spirit = (You do the math)
There's an almighty difference between conviction and condemnation.

Have you ever consider how God convicts us of sin ?.

While we still sinners Christ died for us. That's right he convicts us of our sin by demonstrating His great love towards us.

Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?Romans 2 verse 4

Condemning sinners=you are a minister of death.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:18 PM

Ducky read this portion of scripture and answer me who called this woman a sinner. I hope that the right answer convicts you of the error of your thinking.

Jesus Anointed by a Sinful Woman

Now one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, so he went to the Pharisee’s house and reclined at the table. When a woman who had lived a sinful life in that town learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house, she brought an alabaster jar of perfume, and as she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.
When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner.”
Jesus answered him, “Simon, I have something to tell you.”
“Tell me, teacher,” he said. “Two men owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii, and the other fifty.Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he canceled the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?.
Simon replied, “I suppose the one who had the bigger debt canceled.”
“You have judged correctly,” Jesus said.
Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet.You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet.Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little.”
Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”
The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”
Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Old 01-08-2011, 12:45 PM

Hey, all I did was show you the teachings of Christ. I'm sure you're not going anywhere with those who really want to know God and repent. That's all that matters to me.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Hey, all I did was show you the teachings of Christ. I'm sure you're not going anywhere with those who really want to know God and repent. That's all that matters to me.
No Ducky you tried to impose upon me a verse which you think is telling sinners to no longer sin, or something else worse would happen. Did you read my last post and come to any conclsion on who was calling the woman a sinner ?.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:50 PM

and the fact that you just "accused" me of "condeming"' people and calling me a minister of death should really reveal alot to them as well.

Proverbs 19:5 (New Living Translation)

5 A false witness will not go unpunished,
nor will a liar escape.

I pray that God would forgive that though. I bless you in the name of Yahushua.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:21 PM

Never accused you of being a minister of death, i was telling you , if you believe that God is telling us that we should sin no more or something worse will happen to you, you are a minister of death, and bringing condemnation upon yourself, because God is no respecter of persons,what he said to the man at the pool applies to you too.
So you need to take heed to Proverbs 19:5 yourself.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:26 PM

140 posts, read 475,133 times
what some folks do for money, gotta laugh on that. Simply don't believe in so-called Curses, and they don't affect me or my Family- Be real -Don't worship False G-Ds! I won't follow up on this one, it is a waste of time Good People.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:00 PM

Default Message to the "churches"

The Message to the Church in Pergamum

12 “Write this letter to the angel of the church in Pergamum. This is the message from the one with the sharp two-edged sword:
13 “I know that you live in the city where Satan has his throne, yet you have remained loyal to me. You refused to deny me even when Antipas, my faithful witness, was martyred among you there in Satan’s city.
14 “But I have a few complaints against you. You tolerate some among you whose teaching is like that of Balaam, who showed Balak how to trip up the people of Israel. He taught them to sin by eating food offered to idols and by committing sexual sin. 15 In a similar way, you have some Nicolaitans among you who follow the same teaching. 16 Repent of your sin, or I will come to you suddenly and fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
17 “Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches. To everyone who is victorious I will give some of the manna that has been hidden away in heaven. And I will give to each one a white stone, and on the stone will be engraved a new name that no one understands except the one who receives it.

To read more messages from "Christ" to the churches you can read the book of Revelation.

Revelation 22

12 “Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.” 14 Blessed are those who wash their robes. They will be permitted to enter through the gates of the city and eat the fruit from the tree of life. 15 Outside the city are the dogs—the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idol worshipers, and all who love to live a lie.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:10 PM

Revelation 18:3-5 (King James Version)

3For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

I think that says it all - last days, Christian people not repenting, plagues. Wouldn't a plague be a curse? Should God rewrite The Book of Revelation?

Proverbs 2

The Benefits of Wisdom

1 My child, listen to what I say,
and treasure my commands.
2 Tune your ears to wisdom,
and concentrate on understanding.
3 Cry out for insight,
and ask for understanding.
4 Search for them as you would for silver;
seek them like hidden treasures.
5 Then you will understand what it means to "fear" the Lord,
and you will gain knowledge of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity