Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 09:36 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Well, yes, all curses and all blessings are "supernatural" in that the two invisible kingdoms, the kingdom of darkness and the kingdom of Light are not seen with the eye, but the works of darkness and the works of Light are both made manifest in individuals lives and in nations, that stem from those two kingdoms. Nothing happens without a cause, either the blessing or the cursings, and God is sovereign.

About my dad, I have made his life a study of mine, all my Christian life, and one thing I have taken note of, of late, was that his "mental illness" was not of the order we see in so many people today [one of my brothers included], in that my dad never harmed anyone [he did come across the room when I, as a young child, screamed, and he did take me by the shoulders -at the neck- with his two hands, when he first went out of his mind and said "I am Adam, and this is the end of the world", causing me to scream, but he was not hurting me, just in a totally disconnected way trying to convince "me" that he was indeed "Adam" [Mom sent me away immediately], and my dad never yelled, used foul language, or tried to destroy anything of anyone's, nor did he slander others and make false accusations against them, nor was he suicidal, which is so totally opposite to the violent forms of mental illness that are rampant in today's godless society, causing people to murder, or be in the spirit of murder, and make hateful, threatening comments, and many take their own lives.
My one brother who is an unbeliever [but he is into many forms of eastern religions, also, and fancies himself a holy guru] who is a "papered" schizophrenic does violence to others properties and persons, and has set many fires and has tried to kill a sister who houses him, twice. He also slanders, curses, and rages on and on when the evil spirit is upon him. My dad never took illegal drugs, but this brother has taken illegal drugs, as so many have who have gone mental. He is proud and without any remorse nor does he think he needs the One True God, while he gets worse and worse, physically and mentally.

But for those who want help for themselves, this link is a worthy and helpful Bible study, on how to be set free from the curse.
Well, sounds kind of familiar. Was your family very religious growing up? Patriotic? That kind of thing? What war was your dad in? Did the family have a history of mental illness? Highly intelligent?

Sorry about all the questions. Just trying to figure something out.

I believe in curses only so far as the sowing/reaping concept. Actual demons affecting the mind? Not so much. High levels of stress in a conflicted mind and a heavy religious influence (usually, hellfire/brimstone type) can make people lose it. And when a family member loses it, it's kind of like suicide. It's contagious.

I believe the world has lost hope. What we see out there today is the world losing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 10:21 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times
[quote=herefornow;17263279]Well, sounds kind of familiar. Was your family very religious growing up?
No, but we went to Church, on and off [fortunately "on", when I was at an age to hear the Gospel, which stuck with me all my young life, while I ran from God -until He saved me]. No prayers at home, no Bible study, no Bible reading at home, no teaching at home. -Was yours?

Patriotic?
Never heard of it except in school, when we said the pledge of allegiance, and in Latin 1, class, when we translated all that "my native country" stuff. -Was yours?

What war was your dad in?
WW2 -Five major campaigns, many battles, with many medals. How about yours?

Did the family have a history of mental illness?
It began with my dad, as far as I know, when he renounced Jesus Christ, after the war, and being in bloody battles, and he sought another way, and a "light" appeared by his bedside and showed him "another way": this is his own testimony to me when I asked him why he left Jesus Christ, after I grew up and had become a born again in Christ believer. He had professed Jesus Christ as Savior, as a young man, according to his sister, my aunt, who was a preacher -in a denomination that women were allowed to ""preach", in. -She played musical instruments and sang and ministered at camp meetings in the Bible belt.

Highly intelligent?
My dad had a high IQ, but he was not so smart, and he became proud when he thought he knew more than Christians, because of his "light".
I have a "high" IQ -not the highest- but I put no stock in that, but in the fear of the LORD, which is the beginning of wisdom. "Smarts" is not "wisdom". Many crooks are clever to deceive, but to do good -they are not so wise,

Try listening to Derek's tape, and also to the one "War on Earth" which I posted the link to, to hear a true Bible teacher teach from the Word, and teach how to apply the Word.
If you do not know who the enemy is, then you lose the battle -and we are in a spiritual war and we are not to be ignorant of the enemy's devices, states the Word.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You don't overcome bondage by being placed back into bondage.
Unless of course, you believe in Psycho-Babel.

(No offense to those who are Psychologists)
Understanding (the curse) Schizophrenia (Emphasis in parenthesis - additional)

Signs, Symptoms, Causes, and Effects

Schizophrenia is a brain disorder that affects the way a person acts, thinks, and sees the world. People with schizophrenia have an altered perception of reality, often a significant loss of contact with reality.
They may see or hear things that don’t exist, speak in strange or confusing ways, believe that others are trying to harm them, or feel like they’re being constantly watched. With such a blurred line between the real
and the imaginary, schizophrenia makes it difficult—even frightening—to negotiate the activities of daily life. In response, people with schizophrenia may withdraw from the outside world or act out in confusion and fear.

Understanding Schizophrenia: Signs, Symptoms, Causes, and Effects

"Demonology, or aspects within this life?" --Jerwade

Old 01-04-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Well, sounds kind of familiar. Was your family very religious growing up?
No, but we went to Church, on and off [fortunately "on", when I was at an age to hear the Gospel, which stuck with me all my young life, while I ran from God -until He saved me]. No prayers at home, no Bible study, no Bible reading at home, no teaching at home. -Was yours?

Patriotic?
Never heard of it except in school, when we said the pledge of allegiance, and in Latin 1, class, when we translated all that "my native country" stuff. -Was yours?

What war was your dad in?
WW2 -Five major campaigns, many battles, with many medals. How about yours?

Did the family have a history of mental illness?
It began with my dad, as far as I know, when he renounced Jesus Christ, after the war, and being in bloody battles, and he sought another way, and a "light" appeared by his bedside and showed him "another way": this is his own testimony to me when I asked him why he left Jesus Christ, after I grew up and had become a born again in Christ believer. He had professed Jesus Christ as Savior, as a young man, according to his sister, my aunt, who was a preacher -in a denomination that women were allowed to ""preach", in. -She played musical instruments and sang and ministered at camp meetings in the Bible belt.

Highly intelligent?
My dad had a high IQ, but he was not so smart, and he became proud when he thought he knew more than Christians, because of his "light".
I have a "high" IQ -not the highest- but I put no stock in that, but in the fear of the LORD, which is the beginning of wisdom. "Smarts" is not "wisdom". Many crooks are clever to deceive, but to do good -they are not so wise,

Try listening to Derek's tape, and also to the one "War on Earth" which I posted the link to, to hear a true Bible teacher teach from the Word, and teach how to apply the Word.
If you do not know who the enemy is, then you lose the battle -and we are in a spiritual war and we are not to be ignorant of the enemy's devices, states the Word.

Did your dad ever tell you why he sought another light after the war?

I know smarts doesn't equal wisdom, trust me (), but I was wondering if he had a mind that did a lot of thinking, analyzing~especially after the war. Did he say why he hated Christianity (if he did) or why he walked away? Specifically?

Did he have many friends/family around who understood why he walked away from the Church? Did he feel alone? Did he have any depresson after he came home from the war?

I really am interested in the answers to those questions. But I'm also here to say that, again, conflict in one's mind (heavy, persistent conflict) over one's beliefs combined with war (violence) and depression can change who we are and how we relate to people around us, which further alienates us from love, and if he thought he found something that gave him some answers, or at least made a little sense to him, he may have just wandered off into his own mind to protect himself. He may have been following something that wasn't the truth, but he just kept on going because he didn't feel like he had any other way to cope.

I really don't think curses have anything to do with this.

Last edited by herefornow; 01-04-2011 at 11:06 PM..

Old 01-04-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Understanding (the curse) Schizophrenia

Schizophrenia ...affects the way a person acts, thinks, and sees the world. People with schizophrenia have an altered perception of reality, often a significant loss of contact with reality....
You have described King Saul perfectly, from whom the Spirit of the LORD departed, when he rebelled against God's direct orders, and did not repent, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him for the rest of his life, until he committed suicide. He imagined David was his enemy, out to get him, and he tried to kill David and anyone who helped David, in his paranoid fear.

1Sa 16:14 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.1Sa 16:15 And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee....
1Sa 16:23 And it came to pass, when the [evil] spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.
Now the demoniac of the Gaderenes had a whole "legion" of demons tormenting him, who, when Jesus cast them out of the man, went into two thousand hogs, by Jesus permission -and the hogs committed suicide immediately.
Now how is it that the LORD Jesus allowed the hogs to be demonized with the tormenting evil spirits who said they were a legion, and commit suicide? -Probably, and this is just my opinion, Jesus did that as a direct "show and tell" refutation to those who deny that there are demons, and that they do enter into humans and they do demonize/curse humans -and animals!

Luk 8:30 And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many demons were entered into him. And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep. Luk 8:32 And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them. Luk 8:33 Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked/drowned.
Mat 8:32 And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Has anyone ever wondered why in order for the "curse" to be effective, the intended victim has to know of it...

Power of suggestion can control the weak minded.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Did your dad ever tell you why he sought another light after the war?.
Yes he did, when I asked, and I have explained that before on the board..he lost faith in Jesus Christ [as he had imagined Him to be, not from what the Word says He is] when he was in heavy battles and companions beside him lost arms, legs, -heads-. He was angry with the True God, and left him, but he was a classic case of wanting to be his own god, which is what he sought in eastern religions.
My dad lived in his own reality of soul travel and meditation, practicing eastern religion, to be "one" with an invented, imagined, false "god".
My dad divined, with his new powers, and he had power to divine, but he had no power from Jesus Christ. He lived as a "Guru", and took pride in his Indian/Cherokee heritage, living primitively and simply the rest of his life -while we suffered with the curses of much ill on our bodies and fortunes, by the evil spirits upon our household, that he had invited in.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
You have described King Saul perfectly, from whom the Spirit of the LORD departed, when he rebelled against God's direct orders, and did not repent, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him for the rest of his life, until he committed suicide. He imagined David was his enemy, out to get him, and he tried to kill David and anyone who helped David, in his paranoid fear .
Could it have been his own mind? Once you start fighting your conscience, funny things start to happen. We are our own worse adversary (satan) sometimes.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Yes he did, when I asked, and I have explained that before on the board..he lost faith in Jesus Christ [as he had imagined Him to be, not from what the Word says He is] when he was in heavy battles and companions beside him lost arms, legs, -heads-. He was angry with the True God, and left him, but he was a classic case of wanting to be his own god, which is what he sought in eastern religions.
My dad lived in his own reality of soul travel and meditation, practicing eastern religion, to be "one" with an invented, imagined, false "god".
My dad divined, with his new powers, and he had power to divine, but he had no power from Jesus Christ. He lived as a "Guru", and took pride in his Indian/Cherokee heritage, living primitively and simply the rest of his life -while we suffered with the curses of much ill on our bodies and fortunes, by the evil spirits upon our household, that he had invited in.

What about all those families out there who go to church, love God, and who still have ill babies who die, cancer in their families, drunk people running into them, etc.? Are they cursed?

Do you know much about the guy who wrote, "It is Well With My Soul?"

Old 01-04-2011, 11:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
You have described King Saul perfectly, from whom the Spirit of the LORD departed, when he rebelled against God's direct orders, and did not repent, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him for the rest of his life, until he committed suicide. He imagined David was his enemy, out to get him, and he tried to kill David and anyone who helped David, in his paranoid fear.

1Sa 16:14 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.1Sa 16:15 And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee....
1Sa 16:23 And it came to pass, when the [evil] spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.
Now the demoniac of the Gaderenes had a whole "legion" of demons tormenting him, who, when Jesus cast them out of the man, went into two thousand hogs, by Jesus permission -and the hogs committed suicide immediately.
Now how is it that the LORD Jesus allowed the hogs to be demonized with the tormenting evil spirits who said they were a legion, and commit suicide? -Probably, and this is just my opinion, Jesus did that as a direct "show and tell" refutation to those who deny that there are demons, and that they do enter into humans and they do demonize/curse humans -and animals!

Luk 8:30 And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because manydemonswere entered into him. And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep. Luk 8:32 And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them. Luk 8:33 Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked/drowned.
Mat 8:32 And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.
"A belief or notion is usually based on the fate of the swine, not in the man who was clothed again in his right mind."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity