Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 07:18 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What do you base your faith on?...
What I know in my heart.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Not at all, Jesus saves but the Bible is our guide book in this world.
So for you to think June isn't saved because she hasn't recited your religious words or accepted the image you project from your perspective shows that you are not walking in the spirit as you claim, otherwise you would recognize Jesus spirit without the need for certain words to be used.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:27 AM

211 posts, read 548,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Primitive superstitious misunderstanding of scripture and the NT covenant . . . "Love God and each other." We do not need to do anything to be saved. Our entire species was saved from eternal separation from God by Jesus. We need to work out our own sanctification and build upon what Jesus accomplished for us all. We will reap what we sow . . . but we are all saved . . . as by fire. The more agape love we produce the better. The more selfish non-love we produce the more we will lose. But we are ALL saved.
HOGWASH! "Depart from me ye that work iniquity, I never knew you." Sound saved to you?

Old 01-10-2011, 10:29 AM

211 posts, read 548,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
What I know in my heart.
"The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, who can know it?"

Old 01-10-2011, 10:39 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyChick View Post
"The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, who can know it?"
This kind of heart isn't

“This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds Hebrews 10:16

And you know what the best thing about it is, is that believer is discovering daily all those laws, he has put there, (not laws of sin death and condemnation but the laws of life) , all the principles of living out the abundant life he has given us are contained right in our heart. How wonderful is that.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyChick View Post

So basically, you are asserting, from your own perspective that your heart is deceitful and desperatly wicked.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:40 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
So for you to think June isn't saved because she hasn't recited your religious words or accepted the image you project from your perspective shows that you are not walking in the spirit as you claim, otherwise you would recognize Jesus spirit without the need for certain words to be used.
Never said that but the Bible is quite clear on the subject and she claims to be an athiest.

Last edited by RobinD69; 01-10-2011 at 03:59 PM..

Old 01-10-2011, 02:50 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
We can handle it. We simply utterly reject your false characterization of our ability to love.

In one of your posts, you complained about people judging you without even knowing you. It doesn't feel good, does it? But that's exactly what you are doing when you say that anyone who is not in the Christian religion does not really love.

You said our love is only lust.

I certainly know the love that exists in my (agnostic) heart and I find your uninformed opinion an insult. After all, you are judging me and all agnostics/atheists without knowing us.

I know when I give to the food bank and rescue stray animals, it's out of love and empathy. I know how upset I get when people are suffering. I know that when my family or friends have needs or are suffering, and I help to fulfill those needs or stop their suffering, it is out of love. It's because I care.

Robin, your opinion that I don't feel love is insulting, but it's ultimately meaningless.

BTW, wasn't the Good Samaritan considered to be the "wrong religion"? Yet he was held up as an example of love and empathy. The priest and the Levite ignored their fellow Jew who'd been beaten, robbed, and left for dead. The Samaritan was the only one who helped him.

Ah, it was probably only lust.
Then why did you reply?

I merely shared facts from the Bible and I have not judged anyone, and by the way, I wasnt complaining I was making a point.

There is a difference between worldly love and Godly love and the love many claim is worldly.

Good Samaritan = common curtosy

Old 01-10-2011, 03:05 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This kind of heart isn't

“This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds Hebrews 10:16

And you know what the best thing about it is, is that believer is discovering daily all those laws, he has put there, (not laws of sin death and condemnation but the laws of life) , all the principles of living out the abundant life he has given us are contained right in our heart. How wonderful is that.
Your post reminded me of a Martin Zender show I listened to last night. It was about people who fall for the Moses machine (law) instead of Christ's machine (grace). They want the ten commandments to come clunking down instead of pure grace.

His radio show got canceled because the (Christian) radio station figured out what it was he was preaching, I guess, but before he lost the show he got some pretty good messages out. Though they were only about 13 mintues each, they packed a pretty good punch.

God's Vending Machines:
Show 83 - The Martin Zender Dan Sheridan Show

Old 01-10-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Never said that but the Bible is quite clear on the subject and she claims to be an athiest.
The only thing really clear is that you are not spiritual in your thinking, you are religious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity