Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 05:17 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times

Advertisements

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. (Ephesians 4:29-32)

Old 01-08-2011, 06:00 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
In a return to reality...

Wisconsin lab says it solved blackbird die-off

USGS National Wildlife Health Center

Quote:
As the story spread, other theories included biblical apocalypse to proof of the presence of UFOs.

Quote:
Wright said large-scale deaths of birds and other species are not uncommon.
Quote:
For the blackbird species alone, there have been 16 incidents in which 1,000 or more birds have died in single events in the past five years, he said.
Quote:
The lab's website shows nine separate mortality events since December. Eight of those events involved bird species and one involved the gunshot deaths of dozens of Brazilian free-tailed bats near Pima, Ariz.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:06 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
That's just a cover up. They know it's the little brown beings in UFO's.

I went to your Wisconsin lab link above and it said this:

The mass kill spawned speculation that their demise was caused by a chemical
pollutant-a fear heightened by the arrival in Beebe of workers combing neighborhoods
in hazmat suits. As the story spread, other theories included biblical apocalypse to proof of the presence of UFOs.

See? I was right after all. Probably some teen aged alien kids came here and just for fun took out a bunch of our animals before leaving.
I bet they'll get a good spanking when they get back to Alpha Centauri!

P.s. what about the huge kill off of fish?

Old 01-08-2011, 06:57 AM

111 posts, read 179,837 times
Then this morning I read this report by AP science writer Seth Borenstein who wrote a piece that was headlined Mass Bird, Fish Deaths Occurr Regularly. It's closing paragraph reads: "The irony is that mass die-offs — usually of animals with large populations — are getting the attention while a larger but slower mass extinction of thousands of species because of human activity is ignored, Wilson said."

FACT CHECK: Mass bird, fish deaths occur regularly - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110107/ap_on_sc/us_sci_dead_wildlife_fact_check - broken link)

Old 01-08-2011, 06:59 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I like the way you said that. The skeptics sure do have a lot of dismissing to do nowadays. Could anything be more true?! People mocking these things are the only ones playing themselves. They will be the ones in dismay and dispair when the Lord returns and they weren't watching. To give you a taste of what their dispair will be like, here's what God says in the Bible.

etc etc.....

To go even further of how mockers and scoffers will eat their words once Jesus returns, I read a vision a while ago. It was INTENSE.

(snipped for brevity...)

Now if that isn't scary, I don't know what is. This is what I try to think about when I think about scoffers and mockers. How terrible it will be for them. That is why we must continue to pray for them in hopes they will turn to God and also watch for him ourselves and not get caught up in an ungodly world and worldy desires.
And if you're wrong? You'll see on your death bed, when there's absolutely no indication of anyone coming to help you onto the Golden Prayer Bus....

As to how to be saved:

Quote:
Easy! Believe with your heart and confess with your mouth Jesus is the son of God and that he died on the cross for your sins. Also ask the Lord to forgive you for your sins. And that's it!! Your saved!
Wow! I did this exact thing back when I was a Christian teen-ager (you all know how mixed up and easily misled teenagers are, right?) and before I got my head straight and saw the real light. But nonetheless, I did this very thing, and was even baptized. Guess I'm good to go for all time then, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Allen...

Just a thought..

Phillipians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is fair, whatever is pure, whatever is acceptable, whatever is commendable, if there is anything of excellence and if there is anything praiseworthy-keep thinking about these things.

What you are thinking of and allowing yourself to dwell on and spread around is NOT of God your Father who created you. But of the horribly dark imaginations of man.

Think about it.
The more henious the descriptions, the more horror, the more FEAR.

Perfect love casts out all fear.
Don't spread fear, spread love.
Because God IS love.
NOT FEAR.
MANKIND is the one who spreads FEAR in the NAME of God. And it is WRONG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
And you need to have discernment.

You are repeating and spreading fear.
Yeah; this abject fear mongering is really something, ain't it? Every tiny little thing that can POSSIBLY be conjected as The Second Coming (which Jesus said he would NOT warn anyone of, so it's all just speculative here...) is run up the battered flagpole to see how it flies...

Quote:
Fear-mongering?! Moderator cut: baiting You think Noah was fear-mongering when he was warning the people of the coming flood?! No! He was doing what he was suppose to! Warning them to repent!! Moderator cut: attacking
News Flash: Noah's global flood did not happen. It's technically, ecologically, biologically and logistically impossible. That'd make his related prognostications sort of hollow, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Pretty much. Only, this time, nobody knows how to take care of themselves and all of our systems are tied together; it's like living in a big womb where we are all feeding off of the umbilical cord. But, having said that, every time there is a major shift in government or whatever, people think the world is coming to an end. I guess it is, in a way.

Their
world is coming to an end. Not the world.
Most insightful comment line on this entire thread, herforenow. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I still believe none of this has anything to do with the supernatural. It's just the "gods" who rule this planet are running everything into the ground. It's bound to catch up with us.
Exactly. But in the meantime, if some "hay" can be made by the fear-muckers, they'll go for it. Witness this thread.

As for the technical reason here, the blunt force trauma facts suggest that these birds might have been frightened into a "sharp right turn" (for example.). Meaning what, rifleman?

Well: Ever seen entire flocks of blackbirds turning in unison out in the fields? It's a poorly understood biological behavioral phenomenon which nonetheless does happen, and if several lead birds were startled and made that turn initiation, then the entire flock could had smacked into the side of a warehouse (for example), flown a bit further as internal bleeding occurred, and then died more or less en-mass. Thud to the ground.

Beats the "God's Tribulations" thing, aimed for no good reason not at us sinful men, but at some pretty red-wings. I mean, otherwise, is He that obtuse and non-selective?

Old 01-08-2011, 07:07 AM

111 posts, read 179,837 times
I don't know what to think of this latest thing where the EU Times reports that besides birds and fish People Now Are Dropping Like Flies. Hmmmm...... I have not seen that on the news, yet. I went through the article, but did not see any mention of people dropping like flies in the article.

Birds and Fish are now Dying all Around the World | EUTimes.net

Old 01-08-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedlydee View Post
I don't know what to think of this latest thing where the EU Times reports that besides birds and fish People Now Are Dropping Like Flies. Hmmmm...... I have not seen that on the news, yet. I went through the article, but did not see any mention of people dropping like flies in the article.

Birds and Fish are now Dying all Around the World | EUTimes.net
Tweedlydee, I went to your link above and they stated:

HAARP has also been named as a cause of these mysterious mass deaths,
but HARRP is based in Alaska, and could it reach and affect the entire
world?

This is incorrect.
There are other countries that have HAARP

HAARP (U.S.), Sura (Russia), SuperDARN (Canada), EISCAT (Norway), HIPAS (U.S.) and PFRR (U.S.).

Old 01-08-2011, 07:35 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Actually, HARP was largely based in Ontario, Canada, next to the US border.

But when it is fired, peple know it for miles around. There was, apparently, some sort of large BOOM noted, but that's not been confirmed.

It certainly is NOT a precursor of The Second Coming, however. That's just scary fear mongering silliness. As if your God would announce that by killing a bunch of fish and birds. How Convenient but nonetheless Silly. A frantic desire for something, ANYTHING! to support that fairytale.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:39 AM

PFRR is the HAARP in Puerto Rico

Old 01-08-2011, 09:25 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Five thousand blackbirds in Arkansas. One hundred pelicans near Jacksonville, North Carolina. Three hundred doves in Italy. Seventy bats in Tucson, Arizona. Thousands of fish in Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam, the Philippines, Brazil and the United States.

CNN: Google map cites numerous incidents

Google Maps: Mass Animal Deaths around the world

Yes but don't worry because this is all normal. Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. I'm sure they all died at the same time from the same causes. No need to take precaution. Back to regularly scheduled programming.

comment from Kay on CNN:

Another interesting thought is take the google map with all the locations and compare it and/or place it on top of a seismologist map that shows all the recent Earthquake tremors. Its incredible how the bird/fish deaths are almost in the exact locations as recent tremors, especially on the New Madrid Fault line. I'm not saying this is what is happening, but I will say that this comparision is uncanning and really makes you think. My opinion is no one knows exactly what is causing these events, it is all pure speculation – especially from the so called "experts".

Last edited by allenk893; 01-08-2011 at 09:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity