Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 04:34 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,873,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are not an ET believer . . . you are not a believer at all . . . why intercept a question targeted to those who already duck and hide every time a difficult question about ET is posed? You give them cover . . . or is that your intent?
Well, I have read parts of the bible and I have seen several movies covering bibical events and I have watched "The Ten Commandments" quite a few times, so I know a fair amount about Christianity.

The OPs question was a no-brainer because it was covered in the Ten Commandments, so I thought I was qualified to answer.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:10 AM

351 posts, read 352,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Oh, so THAT was your question. I had to read your long post very carefully to find a question mark.

And the answer is, "Yes, he is that vengeful". Didn't he make that clear in one of his Ten Commandments?
Hi hiker 45: That was one of the questions and no the Ten Commandments say nothing about eternal torture. Does God show his wrath? Yes, by letting us reap what we sow. The Op was mostly to find out how anyone could believe in ET if they thought about it read the Bible and Prayed. Yes I know they do because that is part of God's plan at this time. It seems so clear to me but I understand that it is God who has opened my eyes to this. Does that mean he has opened my eyes to everything. Heavens no. There is a lot I don't understand. I keep reading and studing and praying and know God will show me the truth on his time table not mine.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:33 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,434,996 times
closed

please refer to the stick at the top of the Christianity forum page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity