Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 02:34 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
He is fair, because He gave us the law of karma(reap what you sow),
Yes, He does/did.....

John 3:16-18
16. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

17. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

18. "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
  • One who sows belief (faith) in Christ shall not perish and reaps eternal life
  • One who sows unbelief in Christ shall perish and reap eternal damnation, separated from God for all eternity...

There's the ^^^ Karma.... one's karma could be or

God fails not, He gives man his choice man fails when he loves himself, sin, and worshiping his own image rather then his Creator, God..... amen !

Galatians 6:7-8
7. Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows
8. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

Romans 6:21-22
21. What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death!
22. But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 01-10-2011 at 02:51 AM..

Old 01-10-2011, 02:47 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Yes, He does/did.....

16. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

17. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

18. "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

• One who sows belief (faith) in Christ shall not perish and reaps eternal life
  • One who sows unbelief in Christ shall perish and reap eternal damnation, separated from God for all eternity...
There's the ^^^ Karma....

God fails not, man does when he loves himself, sin, and worshiping his own image rather then his Creator, God..... amen !
i dont think you understand the word Karma,jesus put it nicely when,''what you reap so shall you sow'',in other words you get back exactly what you put out,not some never ending torment that would have no purpose in life or death.

you claim,like most fundies,that its only the beleife in Jesus that will save you from eternal torment,but if that was the case then why would God put so many people into different religious cultures,knowing that they would most likely follow those cultures,and what about all the people in the history of the world that would never hear of Jesus.

weve gone over many reasons in this thread why eternal torment is so silly and does not coincide with a Loving God,heres what i mean......you might think that satan is the most evilest being ever,but think about it ,if Gods gonna burn people forever and satan only temps people then obviosly God is worse than satan,,,,,satan only temps,while God tortures,a bit of a flaw there in your philosophy eh!!!

Old 01-10-2011, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
i dont think you understand the word Karma,jesus put it nicely when,''what you reap so shall you sow'',in other words you get back exactly what you put out,not some never ending torment that would have no purpose in life or death.

you claim,like most fundies,that its only the beleife in Jesus that will save you from eternal torment,but if that was the case then why would God put so many people into different religious cultures,knowing that they would most likely follow those cultures,and what about all the people in the history of the world that would never hear of Jesus.

weve gone over many reasons in this thread why eternal torment is so silly and does not coincide with a Loving God,heres what i mean......you might think that satan is the most evilest being ever,but think about it ,if Gods gonna burn people forever and satan only temps people then obviosly God is worse than satan,,,,,satan only temps,while God tortures,a bit of a flaw there in your philosophy eh!!!
No it seems you don't get it !! Christ Jesus saves us from our sin....Sorry, God will not receive excuses for unbelief on the day of judgment, .... faith is the key and is what pleases God.

So, GOD'S LOVE says to one today, make a choice.... for that choice is the most important choice one will ever make in their life, for one truly will reap what they sow.... life eternal or perish forever ?

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Luke 13:3
"I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

Heb.3:15
As has just been said:
“Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts

as you did in the rebellion.”

2Cor.6:1-2
1.And working together with Him, we also urge you not to receive the grace of God in vain--
2. for He says,
"AT THE ACCEPTABLE TIME I LISTENED TO YOU,
AND ON THE DAY OF SALVATION I HELPED YOU."
Behold, now is "THE ACCEPTABLE TIME," behold, now is "THE DAY OF SALVATION"--

2Cor. 5:20
Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

Amen....

PS.... How do you know God has not reached every soul, since the beginning of time with the Gift of Salvation through JESUS CHRIST ??? .....

Old 01-10-2011, 05:29 AM

Quote:
No it seems you don't get it !! Christ Jesus saves us from our sin....Sorry, God will not receive excuses for unbelief on the day of judgment, .... faith is the key and is what pleases God.
faith in what exactly???,faith that god exists?..yes ive faith that God exists.

faith that God is just and fair-yes i do!!!

faith that God is cruel?,er no i dont!!

faith that God has a system of life that only benefits beleivers of Jesus,no matter how good the person is?-er no i dont.

faith that God only loves those who beleive?-er no i dont!!

faith that God is goin to send people to a place of eternal torture just for trying to understand that their is more to life than a bible,,er no thanks.

faith that God is unwilling/incapable to show,care,commpassion,tolerance,understanding,pati ence,nobility and most of all love(in fact their is a verse in the bible that states with having these qualitys,then you have not found love)to all of His creation---er no way.

faith that God has limits to his love,er no!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber munchkin View Post
So, GOD'S LOVE says to one today, make a choice.... for that choice is the most important choice one will ever make in their life, for one truly will reap what they sow.... life eternal or perish forever ?
so now reaping what you sow is based on 1 desiscion in your whole life,people suffer in this life,due to karma from previous lives,''he who is first will be last and he who is last will be first'',there are rich people in the world today that abuse their power,they will almost definitly have a life of poverty in some other life,and those put into miserable conditions are only serving sentences that are temporary,just like prison sentences,but its all for the being to learn.eternal torture has no end so nothing good can come out of it.

the supreme goal of life is to enter back into the spiritual dimension that is eternal,i dont think for a second that so easy to acheive,just bye accepting a beleif system.

[/quote=cyber munchkin;17340833]PS.... How do you know God has not reached every soul, since the beginning of time with the Gift of Salvation through JESUS CHRIST ??? ..... [/quote]

explain please?????????

Old 01-10-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:

Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
what turn to god out of fear,and not love,er no thanks,

Old 01-10-2011, 06:04 AM

Quote:
faith in what exactly???,faith that god exists?..yes ive faith that God exists.

faith that God is just and fair-yes i do!!!

faith that God is cruel?,er no i dont!!

faith that God has a system of life that only benefits beleivers of Jesus,no matter how good the person is?-er no i dont.

faith that God only loves those who beleive?-er no i dont!!

faith that God is goin to send people to a place of eternal torture just for trying to understand that their is more to life than a bible,,er no thanks.

faith that God is unwilling/incapable to show,care,commpassion,tolerance,understanding,pati ence,nobility and most of all love(in fact their is a verse in the bible that states with having these qualitys,then you have not found love)to all of His creation---er no way.

faith that God has limits to his love,er no!!

so now reaping what you sow is based on 1 desiscion in your whole life,people suffer in this life,due to karma from previous lives,''he who is first will be last and he who is last will be first'',there are rich people in the world today that abuse their power,they will almost definitly have a life of poverty in some other life,and those put into miserable conditions are only serving sentences that are temporary,just like prison sentences,but its all for the being to learn.eternal torture has no end so nothing good can come out of it.

the supreme goal of life is to enter back into the spiritual dimension that is eternal,i dont think for a second that so easy to acheive,just bye accepting a beleif system.

[/quote=cyber munchkin;17340833]PS.... How do you know God has not reached every soul, since the beginning of time with the Gift of Salvation through JESUS CHRIST ??? .....

explain please???????

All the above is your assumption of what is God's truth, the flesh, carnal mind speaking, rather then truly walking in the Spirit whom gives one faith to believe and listening to God, His written word which explains it all to you and everyone, yet you reject !!

It is one's own heart who fears hell and tries to deny it every way one can..... and blaming it on everything and everyone else !!!
Which it is your choice, no one else's, therefore, one will reap the consequences of it.... (It's Not the fundies fault )

Now for the question..... WOULD you explain and scripture please to me ....
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT EVERYONE WHO HAS DIED SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME THAT GOD HAS NOT TOUCHED WITH THE TRUTH THAT SALVATION IS FOUND IN AND THROUGH JESUS CHRIST, GIVING THOSE THE CHOICE TO MAKE OF..... REPENTING FROM THEIR UNBELIEF, SIN.... ????

Old 01-10-2011, 06:10 AM

Quote:
what turn to god out of fear,and not love,er no thanks,
You already walk in fear and is to why you keep talking about it. It torments you mind..... If you were walking in faith of God's perfect love which casts out fear..... hell would not be an issue to you !!!

Old 01-10-2011, 06:40 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
You already walk in fear and is to why you keep talking about it. It torments you mind..... If you were walking in faith of God's perfect love which casts out fear..... hell would not be an issue to you !!!
Hi Cyber

I don't believe hell is an issue with dobeable, i believe like many others on here we are not so much talking about it but responding to the doctrine of it, and calling it out for what it is.

You also said on a post further up on this thread, that God is going to hold us responsible for our unbelief, i read in the scriptures that he shows mercy to us because of our unbelief and that he's all tolerant and patient towards us.

For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all

Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

Old 01-10-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hi Cyber

I don't believe hell is an issue with dobeable, i believe like many others on here we are not so much talking about it but responding to the doctrine of it, and calling it out for what it is.

You also said on a post further up on this thread, that God is going to hold us responsible for our unbelief, i read in the scriptures that he shows mercy to us because of our unbelief and that he's all tolerant and patient towards us.

For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all

Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?
Who really keeps bring up the hell issue..... who started this thread about HELL ?

The truth is if one does not repent of their unbelief, sin, BEFORE they die, they will perish, there is no getting around the issue, pcamps !

Like yourself..... keep denying it and the consequences is hell, eternally separated from God.... why do you keep testing God's tolerance and mercy in denying His truth and speaking to other's of a false gospel, that is the contempt of His riches, kindness, and patiences, leading one not toward God in repentance, but away from it, with false teaching ???

Old 01-10-2011, 07:21 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:
Who really keeps bring up the hell issue..... who started this thread about HELL ?

The truth is if one does not repent of their unbelief, sin, BEFORE they die, they will perish, there is no getting around the issue, pcamps !

Like yourself..... keep denying it and the consequences is hell, eternally separated from God.... why do you keep testing God's tolerance and mercy in denying His truth and speaking to other's of a false gospel, that is the contempt of His riches, kindness, and patiences, leading one not toward God in repentance, but away from it, with false teaching ???
Even the phrase "repent of unbelief" sounds irrational, as if people just "decide" independently what they believe. As you surely know, some of us don't think it is possible for a person to "believe on/into" Christ without an "act of God" on behalf of the individual. In other words - God is sovereign and man cannot deliver himself from unbelief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity