Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 05:20 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
These are all wrong , ideas of rationalism that is rejected in Heaven , ideas the the adversary the anitichrist came up with, who is the author of all rejection of faith ..........for we bow to rationalism we will burn no question about it.......For an attribute of the Lord Jesus is judgement and justice
Gotta' watch that evil rationalism.

Definition of RATIONAL

a : having reason or understanding b : relating to, based on, or agreeable to reason : reasonable <a rational explanation> <rational behavior>

: involving only multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction and only a finite number of times

: relating to, consisting of, or being one or more rational numbers <a rational root of an equation>

Old 01-08-2011, 06:16 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
But, God has to damn the majority of mankind because Jesus died for all their sins.

God has to damn the majority of mankind because Jesus ransomed all mankind. (1 Tim.2:4-6)

God has to damn the majority of mankind because Christ was obedient (Romans 5:18,19).

God won't make all mankind righteous because Christ was obedient (Romans 5:18,19).

God has to damn the majority of mankind because of the blood of Christ's cross (Colossians 1:20).

Old 01-08-2011, 07:17 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Ditto,

And must we have a short book-length explanation from Mr. Mike555 each time we talk about the absurdity of ET? I guess so - it's a free discussion board. I'm supposed to believe that God, in a fit of exceeding rage, intends to raise us weak mortals up out of the grave after clearly an unfair distribution of suffering in this life, only to toss the bulk of the miserable beings into a cosmic cauldron of raging fire and the He will supernaturally prevent those same un-glorified bodies from being consumed by the gigantic inferno - all so that he(God) and every ETer can finally say "I TOLD YOU SO.... hehehe...." What a beautiful plan - really glorifies the almighty, huh? And this is the gospel that fundamentalists are NOT ashamed of ???

But....but....what about JUSTICE? God is going to let everyone off the hook? Come on now!

Old 01-08-2011, 07:21 AM

309 posts, read 512,191 times
Maybe I am missing something but how can someone believe the Bible and not believe in Eternal Hell. Its clearly descripted of what its going to be like. Also if im not mistaken it was stated earlier in this topic that God is a God of love which is true but if you will remember correctly is is also a God of hate when it comes to sin and he even said he hates workers of iniquity. It is a nice thought to not have EH but realistically its there.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
Maybe I am missing something but how can someone believe the Bible and not believe in Eternal Hell. Its clearly descripted of what its going to be like. Also if im not mistaken it was stated earlier in this topic that God is a God of love which is true but if you will remember correctly is is also a God of hate when it comes to sin and he even said he hates workers of iniquity. It is a nice thought to not have EH but realistically its there.
deerdog, there can't be an eternal hell because there is no word associated with hell that means "eternal." It means age-during or pertaining to the ages.

Also all get out of "hell" to stand before the great white throne so that "hell" can't be eternal.

So do you really think God is going to reneg on His being satisfied with Christ dying for all the sins of all mankind?

Old 01-08-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
But....but....what about JUSTICE? God is going to let everyone off the hook? Come on now!
Mankind will come under the fury, affliction and distress to everyone who is sinning. how is that letting mankind off the hook?

There are yet judgments looming on the horizon for mankind. These judgments are to set mankind straight. How is that letting mankind off the hook?

You mean if His punishments are not eternal then God is letting them off the hook?

Old 01-08-2011, 07:52 AM

309 posts, read 512,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
deerdog, there can't be an eternal hell because there is no word associated with hell that means "eternal." It means age-during or pertaining to the ages.

Also all get out of "hell" to stand before the great white throne so that "hell" can't be eternal.

So do you really think God is going to reneg on His being satisfied with Christ dying for all the sins of all mankind?
Here is what Jesus said about eternal hell The punishment of the wicked dead in hell is described throughout Scripture as “eternal fire”, “unquenchable fire”, “shame and everlasting contempt”, a place where “the fire is not quenched”, a place of “torment” and “fire”, “everlasting destruction”, a place where “the smoke of torment rises forever and ever” and a “lake of burning sulfur” where the wicked are “tormented day and night forever and ever”.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:09 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
for the few ET'ers here telin us that Gods justice is eternal hell,then go read no.6-''reaping what you sow'',that is justice,everyone gets what they deserve,what crime could anyone commit to deserve eternal punishment,you would have to be eternally punishing someone to the same degree yourself,so the only person that would deserve eternal punishment would be God himself for punishing someone eternally for something that they couldnt have done physicaly-i know that sounds stupid,because it is stupid,the whole ET doctrine is just stupid,i dont care what words you throw at me to convince me that the Supreme Father would do such a thing,i aint buying it for a second,only because i used to beleive it then came to my senses,and what a revelation inside my soul,it is an insult to God's good nature.

now whats higher than justice,ill tell ya--mercy is,so are you's saying to me that God cant show mercy,commpassion,tolerance,patience,understanding ,honour,nobility,all things that Jesus Himself had in His charachter,things that make perfection,what good is it to love your freind,to love your enemy is even higher,mercy,commpassion and understanding.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:28 AM

175 posts, read 174,782 times
Just look around and see the downright deplorable way some humans treat others, the prisons are brimming over with occupants, percentage wise i would guess, i don't know for fact, but percentage wise it has been about the same percentage of the population that just doesn't conform to the norm.

Yet the christianity belief has been the dominating one from the foundation of this country, so much for the threat of hell being a deterrent.

i don't know of any universalist who doesn't believe in the judgement to come or the consequences of that judgement, it ain't goin ta be a pleasant walk. However we are told what the final outcome will be of that judgement:

Isa 26:9 - With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness

Old 01-08-2011, 08:32 AM

33,238 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Ditto,

And must we have a short book-length explanation from Mr. Mike555 each time we talk about the absurdity of ET? I guess so - it's a free discussion board. I'm supposed to believe that God, in a fit of exceeding rage, intends to raise us weak mortals up out of the grave after clearly an unfair distribution of suffering in this life, only to toss the bulk of the miserable beings into a cosmic cauldron of raging fire and the He will supernaturally prevent those same un-glorified bodies from being consumed by the gigantic inferno - all so that he(God) and every ETer can finally say "I TOLD YOU SO.... hehehe...." What a beautiful plan - really glorifies the almighty, huh? And this is the gospel that fundamentalists are NOT ashamed of ???
An anthropopathism is that which ascribes to God a human emotion such as anger, hatred, jealousy, etc..., which He does not actually possess, but which He graciously allows to be used of Him in order to describe a divine policy of infinite God as that policy relates to sin and evil which would otherwise be beyond the ability of the finite mind of man to understand. It is lanquage of accommodation.

In like manner, an anthropomorphism describes God has having eyes and hands, etc..., bodily characteristics which God who is Spirit, does not really have.

You quite inappropriately suppose that the teaching of the reality of hell is assumed by those who speak of it to be a part of the gospel. It is not. The gospel, which is good news, is but one category of divine revelation.

The nature of the place which the Bible describes both as a lake of fire, and as a place of darkness, can not be made known through the limitations of human lanquage. There may or may not be fire of some sort. The word 'fire' is used for judgment. There may be actual fire or the use of the word may speak of something else. But the way God describes hell is for the purpose of driving home the point that it is not a place where you want to spend eternity. Remember also, that descriptive language is not used to make something seem worse than it really is. It is used when words are not adequate to express the reality.

As for what you are supposed to believe, you are supposed to believe the truth. You are however, free to believe whatever you want. You are responsible to the Lord for what you believe.

For those reading this who are interested, please see my thread concerning the angelic conflict. //www.city-data.com/forum/chris...l-warfare.html The invisible spiritual warfare which rages all around us involves mankind and the why of man's existence, and the angelic conflict explains why the unbeliever will be eternally separated from God in the eternal fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels.

Thank you Heartsong for giving me the opportunity to further speak on the matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity