Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 08:28 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times

Advertisements

Extraterrestrials vs Universal Barrenness. Which do you think is true?

Are there extraterrestrials? If there are what does this say of the Incarnation? Does Christ appear on many worlds or are the covenants different with different species?

Is the Universe barren of intelligent life other than ours? If so why did God create or allow a Universe so vast that we can never experience even a fraction of it?

I just wanted to make another effort to use "ET" in its more common meaning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 04:52 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Extra terrestrials have no revelation that comes from Holy Spirit, other than the people who believe in this are decevied and the only spiritual celestial beings are the demons, devils, and fallen angels who are locked on the earth and cannot leave the earth to live anywhere else as science fiction may think .......... According to Holy Spirit it is a sin to be intrigues into this area and people can be cursed by this spirits of the earth if they ignore Holy Spirit authority......... Take heed!........... Humans are the only being to be blessed of because God created human to be reponsive to his pleasure for a family for God .....

Old 01-09-2011, 07:52 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,884,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Extraterrestrials vs Universal Barrenness.
Which do you think is true?

I'd pick extraterrestrials.

Are there extraterrestrials?
Nobody knows. What's your definition of "extraterrestrials"? Microbes such as bacteria and viruses? Plant life? Animal life? Intelligent life, like humans? Super-intelligent life that far surpass human capability?

If there are what does this say of the Incarnation?
I'd say it says nothing at all of the incarnation...it would not apply. Jesus came to us, not them.

Does Christ appear on many worlds or are the covenants different with different species?
Again, nobody knows. Just a guess, but I'd say our covenant with God probably does not apply to other "species".

Is the Universe barren of intelligent life other than ours?
Nobody knows. Personally, I believe the universe if full of intelligent life. I don't think God would create billions of galaxies with no life in any of them.

If so why did God create or allow a Universe so vast that we can never experience even a fraction of it?
Why do you feel we will never experience a fraction of it? Since we will have eternal life, IMO there is plenty of "time" to explore ALL of it.

I just wanted to make another effort to use "ET" in its more common meaning
Ok. Nice refreshing change from the usual (and getting VERY old) "ET vs UR".

Bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity