Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 04:07 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's the thing. They believe whatever "seems" right.

Yeah, believing in what Christ stands for does seem right, thank you.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:11 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Emotions declare, "Hell is evil". Faith declares, "it's the Word of God".

Why were the prophets persecuted and killed? Because they declared the full counsel of God, and the people gnashed their teeth in anger to have them put to death.

But why would the truth incite them so much? Because the truth was more than they could bear. Likewise, those who hold to false teachings today, like UR, are offended.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:16 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Your post just proved my point. UR's exclaim that "it's not just!", "how unfair!". UR's need to face the fact that they are unbelievers.

Ezekiel 18
[25] Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?
[26] When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.
[27] Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.
[28] Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
[29] Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?
[30] Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.
[31] Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Scgraham, I don't know what these verses have to do with eternal torment or UR. Eye for an eye in the Old Testament (that's all--not eternal torment) was fair, but Jesus turned it into something much higher; love thine enemies.

Is God going to turn back into OT God after trying to get the human race to understand agape love?

Actually, if the pagan hell is true, he will turn into something much, much worse than the Old Testament God.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:16 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:

Why were the prophets persecuted and killed? Because they declared the full counsel of God, and the people gnashed their teeth in anger to have them put to death.

But why would the truth incite them so much? Because the truth was more than they could bear. Likewise, those who hold to false teachings today, like UR, are offended.
Emotionally unstable people declare "Hell is good"(admit it that's what you really meant to say), someone in their right frame of mind declares it evil

Old 01-12-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Faith in Hell is not required.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:20 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I do believe in a difference. Human (natural) love and Divine Love. To me it is Divine Love that takes us to the narrow path. Although I also believe that those that do not find Divine Love with not suffer in a so called lake of fire. They will also be brought into God's harmony.... they just will not live in the highest of heavens.
When Jesus was faced with the crucifixion, how did His emotions react? As with all humans, they resisted; I'm sure the devil whispered in His ear, "why does God require such a horrific sacrifice? He can't possibly love You if You have to go through with this; that's not love!"

Yet, through faith, Jesus said, "not my will, but thine be done". Jesus cast off His human emotions and feelings, and pressed forward in faith to the will of God. Glory to the Lamb!

Last edited by scgraham; 01-12-2011 at 04:28 PM..

Old 01-12-2011, 04:22 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
When Jesus was faced with the crucifixion, how did His emotions react? As with all humans, they resisted; I'm sure the devil whispered in His ear, "why does God require such a horrific sacrifice? He can't possibly love you if you have to go through with this; that's not love!"

Yet, through faith, Jesus said, "not my will, but thine be done". Jesus cast off His human emotions and feelings, and pressed forward in faith to the will of God. Glory to the Lamb!
Jesus said to the people torturing him, as did Stephen: "Father, forgive them." Wow! Do you not understand this?

And if ETers won't study where the translation "hell" came from, we are never going to get anywhere. It's quite silly.

(and please see post #28)

Old 01-12-2011, 04:26 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Universal Reconciliation is based on emotions, not faith. Those who subscribe to this doctrine do not "feel" the fairness of eternal torment for those who die in their sins, so they choose to believe in another way based on their emotions -- and that's not faith. All it takes is a few statements from those who hold to Universal Reconciliation to realize the motive behind their doctrine.

So, how do they do it? By cherry-picking. They take from scripture what they like, and then proceed to say that other parts of the scriptures have been mistranslated. How convenient. While they can't deny the existence of a God, unlike atheists, they are still unbelievers; they do not hold to the doctrine of Jesus Christ.
Well, that is interesting, knowing that the vast majority of early Christians in the first few centuries believed and taught universal salvation.

And it is even more interesting knowing that the doctrine of ET never became orthodox until Rome made Christianity the state religion and subverted the gospels for the sake of gaining power over the laity and uniting the Christian and Pagan worlds by blending the teachings of early Christianity with the pagan traditions of men.

We all know what happened after Rome made Christianity the state religion and began war mongering and torturing and murdering all in the name of Jesus, as befits those who taught such a vile doctrine as ET.

History shows your false teachings to be what they are, the doctrines of devils and the corrupt traditions and vain imaginations of men, mere fables and unconscionable lies ...

Old 01-12-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
When Jesus was faced with the crucifixion, how did His emotions react? As with all humans, they resisted; I'm sure the devil whispered in His ear, "why does God require such a horrific sacrifice? He can't possibly love you if you have to go through with this; that's not love!"

The idology here can be reversed just as easy.

I know people who want justice and hell feels right for anyone who doesn't believe as they do. So the idea of God saving all mankind is rejected out of the same emotional position that you are accusing others of., to them and perhaps even you, "that just wouldn't be right"........

You should also be ashamed of yourself for declaring that people who believe differently than you are unbelievers and shame on any hell believing Christian who doesn;t put a fellow believer in error in his place,

Repent now, or hold yourself to the conclusion of your own belief for those who will not repent.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:52 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
This is what I don't understand. Why were we born with feelings, logic, heart, emotions, thoughts, a sense of justice and fairness - if we are supposed to throw all that out the window? Just doesn't make sense to me. So basically - stop thinking and feeling and just believe something that doesn't make sense to you? I don't get it. If I look at the color purple, and I know it's purple, I simply can't believe that it's green.
Why? So, we can apply it to our earthly lives. However, God is not human, and his ways are not our ways, so when you try to apply human logic to figure out God, you are doomed to fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity