Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 12:15 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,546 times

Advertisements

this was brought up in another thread,and since no-one answered my question id like to put it up as a new thread

i think more of the question would be HOW could they???
i mean think about it,noahs kids would have only been dedicated to the Abrahamic God Yeshua-why and how would they have gone off and started other religious cultures,lets take India for instance,India can recognise 33 million demigods,some dating back as far as 10 000 years,and thats just as far as the history of it and each one worshiping in different ways(thats not including The eternal forms and avatars of Vishnu)why would they have started all those religious cultures,?????

and the other question was to do with Race,how could 8 people of the same race start all the other races in the world,chinese,japanese,african,native american,Indian,eskimos etc etc.???

i think its an honest question,maybe there was a flood yeah,but whether it engulfed the whole world is questionable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 01:14 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
this was brought up in another thread,and since no-one answered my question id like to put it up as a new thread

i mean think about it,noahs kids would have only been dedicated to the Abrahamic God Yeshua-why and how would they have gone off and started other religious cultures,lets take India for instance,India can recognise 33 million demigods,some dating back as far as 10 000 years,and thats just as far as the history of it and each one worshiping in different ways(thats not including The eternal forms and avatars of Vishnu)why would they have started all those religious cultures,?????

and the other question was to do with Race,how could 8 people of the same race start all the other races in the world,chinese,japanese,african,native american,Indian,eskimos etc etc.???

i think its an honest question,maybe there was a flood yeah,but whether it engulfed the whole world is questionable.
no.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:42 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post

(Again), a beautiful question! I'm hoping to see some interesting perspectives here at some point...

Blessings,
brian

Old 01-13-2011, 02:08 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
did Noahs kids start all other cultures??????

Noah's kids repopulated the entire planet , that would mean your are all the product of incestuous relations.

Spoiler
(I'm not cause I don't believe it ever happened )

Old 01-13-2011, 02:15 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
IMO...The ot is a historical account of the Jewish nation, built on myths and legends, truths and half truths passed down from generation to generation orally until someone learned to write down those stories. There are great and beautiful different forms of literature therein.

With that being said, I believe the tale of the flood was a half truth. I believe the area (which to the ancient people WAS the whole world) did suffer a devastating flood and many lives both human and animal were lost..I also believe our ancient ancestors, were searching even then for answers as to why bad things happened to them. Hence the association with God's wrath when something went/goes very wrong. So my answer to the op is "no." I believe God created many people in many places in the beginning.

I am not in any way mocking the bible.

It introduced me to God and his son and I truly believe that He did have a hand in preserving the prophecies about Christ and Christ's ministry while here on earth..However I believe also that man has done everything He could to have man follow himself instead of seeking a personal relationship with their Lord and following the words, deeds and actions of the Son of God.

The greatest spiritual awakening of my life occurred as I learned that God is not confined to the pages of the bible and that His spirit is alive and well within us, and continues to teach us.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:18 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,496,320 times
The question is:

Did Noah's kids start all other cultures??????

My answer to the question is ...
no they did not start from Noah's and his Children.

Every thing that causes a persons color of skin, hair, eyes, there sex, height, etc. there means of communication all started in the Garden Of Eden with the first man Adam and the first woman Eve as God Our Holy Father created them male and female.

As time went on all of those characteristics intermingled
into may different shapes and sizes.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:35 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
The question is:

Every thing that causes a persons color of skin, hair, eyes, there sex, height, etc. there means of communication all started in the Garden Of Eden with the first man Adam and the first woman Eve as God Our Holy Father created them male and female.

I agree.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post

The greatest spiritual awakening of my life occurred as I learned that God is not confined to the pages of the bible and that His spirit is alive and well within us, and continues to teach us.
couldnt agree more

Old 01-13-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
The question is:

so you dont beleive the flood killed everyone except Noahs kids????

Old 01-13-2011, 06:15 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Jesus, the writer of Hebrews and Peter believed the Noahic flood did take place and that it was world-wide.

So I would have to side with them that if they knew it really happened, for me to say it didn't would be to say Jesus and Peter and the writer of Hebrews didn't really know what they were talking about. They were obviously easily mislead. Do I really want to go there? No.

So, yes, Noah, his wife and six other family members re-kick started earth's population and all cultures today come from their offspring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity