Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you going to accept this challenge?
Yes 3 60.00%
No 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 06:49 PM

11,247 posts, read 11,020,697 times

Advertisements

Finn,

Just wondering if you can answer my questions from post #20. If you feel it is innapropriate to do so on this thread, shoot me a DM.

Thanks,

Ditch

This applies to anyone who would like to answer those questions as well.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:57 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,111 times
Ok, could we all pray. When you read this request, please pray immediately. And post what you prayed for too so we can all agree with you.

My requests - For the love of God to fill us to overflowing and that God would reveal to us a more deeper revelation of the Lamb and what he did for us. That we could learn how to speak to each other and join together for the purpose of letting Christ set people free.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:13 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
My requests - For the love of God to fill us to overflowing and that God would reveal to us a more deeper revelation of the Lamb and what he did for us. That we could learn how to speak to each other and join together for the purpose of letting Christ set people free.
He has already released us from the bondage of men.
It's just that many prefer to remain in darkness, ever learning.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:00 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Right, this is obvious since there are many other places in the Word of God that tell us that many won't make it to Heaven. God wants them to make it, but many won't. My foundation says:

“Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. 22 On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
Building on a Solid Foundation

24 “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. 25 Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. 26 But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. 27 When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.”

*This should convict us all and challenge us to earnestly seek God in prayer as we read the teachings of Yahushua. It's impossible for anyone to go into the quiet place as we repent of sin and cry out to God in humility and not understand this. Imagine that, many believers aren't going to make it to Heaven. And what's worse is many of them probably are going to drag even more people down with them. I think the main problem is Satan lies to us when the Holy Spirit convicts us and says, as if he's God, "Hey, that's not me, I wouldn't condemn you". When the Holy Spirit convicts us we need to understand that it's not condemnation.

But it's also important to remember we are not to judge. If another believer dissagrees, who are we to say they haven't themselves repented of sin? That's between them and God. We are supposed to love each other. No matter what.
God wants them to make it and many won't???
How could you say such a thing. God is omnipotent. If God desires something it comes to pass. We have an Almighty God, not some wussy god that wants something but is defeated by the will of a man.
The truth of the matter is this, all of God's children will be saved. All of those who as it says in Ephesans, Were CHOSEN in Him {Jesus} before the foundation of the world}.

Your next statement that is completely wrong is that "many believers are not going to be saved". All believers have the assurance of salvation period. You must not understand what a "Believer" actually is. Now Satan would be the type of believer that you are talking about. He believes for sure and trembles in fear. Believing in the historical reality of Jesus is a long way from "Saving faith". This saving faith is a gift of God. There is nothing you can do to get it or lose it. Once God has quickened a heart of stone into a heart of flesh He is "Faithful and Just to complete the work He started" and bring His own to Himself.

The theology of the bible has been largely perverted these days into a MAN based theology. What Man understands, what seems logical and reasonable to a Man. This is completey wrong. The bible is very clear that "The things of God are NONSENSE to the natural man. Understanding anything about God or His purposes for His creation is again a gift imparted to His children by the Holy spirit.

Men demand to understand the things of God to their satisfaction. Can you imagine that. Can a man understand a Being that created the universe out of nothing by a Word??

We are to preach the Gospel to the unsaved. That is the command. Anything other than that or beyond that is just a waste of breath. A little child can understand the basic message and if God so chooses and saves that little child then that child is at the beginning of understanding anything about God.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:01 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times
June's afraid this one is done, folks...

We aren''t encouraging or facillitating bickering and/or rude posts.

Sorry.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity