Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 05:36 PM

11 posts, read 13,512 times

Advertisements

what is the point of being Poular or highy rated/high reputation.

why do we continue to waste time arguing with eachother about silly worldly things..God is beyond the mind..his language is of the heart..
if we try to reason for or agaisnt it..we waste time.. even if it is Poular and you get rated for it... the only important rating is what god rates.. and he rates our hearts.. not our worldy knowledge and opinions...

this why we will never see eye to eye.. we always look to the world for answers, to books for answers.. God is far above and beyond all these things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 06:44 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,625,672 times
Absolutely LoveSaves, you are so right. God is in us, if we have accepted Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord then there is no amount of book smarts or any amount of learned behavior that can override what is in our hearts. God is definitely far and beyond all these things, like you said.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:17 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
I believe so.

I think *most* people who seek admiration/approval do so in the place of "god" which makes them feel *right*eous and therefore on their way thru the holy gates.

Problem is...sigh,,,,we all know what the problem is.. :/

Old 01-29-2011, 04:16 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
Jesus struggled with these through the pharisees who were proud and legalistic in law which was in conflict with Jesus ....... There is two devils who rule here which are the red serpent devil of pride and the white serpant devil of strife and religion , both are hidden spirits of this world and bring confict between men ..... Through the will of God believer can be clean of these spirit through Jesus blood which a blessing Jesus wants to give us for his glory....

Old 01-29-2011, 04:41 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesaves View Post

why do we continue to waste time arguing with eachother about silly worldly things..God is beyond the mind..his language is of the heart..
if we try to reason for or agaisnt it..we waste time.. even if it is Poular and you get rated for it... the only important rating is what god rates.. and he rates our hearts.. not our worldy knowledge and opinions...

this why we will never see eye to eye.. we always look to the world for answers, to books for answers.. God is far above and beyond all these things.
You are correct. The number of people ever likely to engage in serious scholarship is far too limited for it to be a necessary process for understanding God or our purpose. If the human purpose required scholarly inquiry to understand it . . . there would be incredibly few people who would ever discern it . . . let alone make any progress toward achieving it. This is WHY the written word is only USEFUL for instruction and hope . . . NOT the true path to understanding. It is what God has "written in our hearts" and what the Holy Spirit within guides us to understand from it in all sincerity. It would be monumentally stupid for God to create us with a specific purpose in mind and then limit in any way. . . our ability to understand and achieve that purpose. The understanding is readily available within all of us . . . but we must be sincere enough to wish to know it . . . NOT justify our carnal or worldly concerns.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:49 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,072,460 times
I like my rep. feel free to rep away!

Edit: Seriously.. by the way I list my rep points on my resume.. so help a brotha out..

Old 01-29-2011, 04:50 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,691,053 times
idk,I wonder the same ..do some ppl do things bc they think they'll walk away w the biggest crowns in heaven? ..but God knows our true intentions.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:

I believe that God does not see our hearts, but see's us in Christ.That is where we need to see each other.I believe in Christ we are discovering who we really are,and i also do not believe we have scratched the surface of who we are in him.God see's the end product, i think we would do well to do the same. He calls the things that are not as though they were.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:04 PM

335 posts, read 375,834 times
Quote:

I'm not sure if the rating/reputation can be turned off on this site (I'm new and didn't look yet), but on other sites it can.

Don't worry about it. Just because someone has high ratings doesn't mean they are right about anything. The ratings exist on all forums. So what does it mean when you have a highly rated believer vs. non-believer comment contrary to each other? Nothing in particular.

I would guess that high ratings are actually a handicap (for some) because when someone is on a forum for a long time, they like the respect their opinions merit. They may tend to curb a response, now and again, if they feel peer pressure to certain conformaties.

I've found it beneficial to challenge my beliefs with those who believe otherwise. If you are able to do this in an impartial and neutral manner, you can learn where you might have an unsupportable position, or have reaffirmation that you are on solid ground. If your beliefs have any credibility, then challenging them with reasonableness will not change that.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:53 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,072,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
Just because someone has high ratings doesn't mean they are right about anything.
Repped! Careful.. you keep having that kind of insight and your rep will be off the charts..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity