Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 07:37 AM

683 posts, read 4,618,433 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! I have been chatting with a friend of a friend who lives in the middle East and was raised Muslim. He lived in the US for a while and became interested in Christianity. Since then, he has decided to accept Christ! He is very excited about it but doesn't have much to go off of since he doesn't have a church community or anyone over there that is also a Christian.

I want to recommend an online daily devotional for him, but since I can't browse in a bookstore right now and he has no way of buying hard copies of books related to anything Christian, it's proven challenging. I want to make sure it's something he can relate to--hes a single professional guy living with his family who are all Muslim. Something that really focuses on a new journey, prayer, etc.

Any ideas would be really helpful. To be clear--iy.mist be an online program or a book he would be able to download electronically. Even videos would work. Thanks in advance!

Old 05-02-2020, 07:47 AM

1,757 posts, read 759,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel2882 View Post
Hello everyone! I have been chatting with a friend of a friend who lives in the middle East and was raised Muslim. He lived in the US for a while and became interested in Christianity. Since then, he has decided to accept Christ! He is very excited about it but doesn't have much to go off of since he doesn't have a church community or anyone over there that is also a Christian.

I want to recommend an online daily devotional for him, but since I can't browse in a bookstore right now and he has no way of buying hard copies of books related to anything Christian, it's proven challenging. I want to make sure it's something he can relate to--hes a single professional guy living with his family who are all Muslim. Something that really focuses on a new journey, prayer, etc.

Any ideas would be really helpful. To be clear--iy.mist be an online program or a book he would be able to download electronically. Even videos would work. Thanks in advance!
Although it is most important to love and serve your neighbors - it is fantastic that he accepted Jesus.

What about "Our Daily Bread:" https://odb.org/

They have a daily devotional button that you can click on in orange-yellow with a nice lesson with links. They also have other things of interest.

Old 05-02-2020, 09:12 AM

20,443 posts, read 12,809,545 times
I second Our Daily Bread. Been using that resource for decades.

Old 05-02-2020, 04:30 PM

9,694 posts, read 10,033,758 times
People converting to Christianity will need prayer from Christians as God through Jesus is family and Christians are family, still there are many master Holy Spirit teachers in the popular video web pages like some Masters in Christ are Derek Prince, Joseph Prince, Kenneth E. Hagin would be excellent for converts .........

Old 05-02-2020, 11:02 PM

45,635 posts, read 27,250,610 times
Quote:

How long has it been since he believed?

Old 05-03-2020, 08:09 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,837,261 times
I encourage older (mature people) to understand the history of religions and their differences. He probably knows Islam, but not Judaism or Christianity. The three Abrahamic faiths have some commonality and yet, vastly different. Politics, tragedy, wars, persecution are important to know.

From tragedy comes triumph

Old 05-03-2020, 09:03 AM

1,003 posts, read 792,520 times
This Book is a wonderful Revelation showing Gods relation to the Universe, also explaining the origin of all religions. and a amazing in depth account of Jesus' teachings and travels.

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...k-standardized

Old 05-03-2020, 02:50 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
How long has it been since he believed?
What difference does it make, Drob? If this person has an interest and access to the internet.
Then, he/she should be able to search it out for themselves without being mislead by others.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:02 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
These devotionals over the years have been ones i have used .......Our Daily Bread, Watchman Nee's a table in the wilderness, Oswald Chambers My utmost for his highest , A Charles Spurgeon one i cannot remember it's title, Bob Gass UCB, Word for Today and Ernest Holmes was the last one i owned and cannot remember the title of that too. All of them have brought me early morning blessings.

For me today though, it is more important to be devoted to my own heart and to be a gatekeeper to it, and listen to it.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:11 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,734,220 times
Quote:

can you recomen for him a bible version in his phone or laptop. if he gets a bible in his phone... try and fins him one to download... that is audio also. I have three or four versions on my phone and on my computer and in my music albums.. at least two have audio reading.... that way he can play it like a song and listen to the bible like songs with earplugs.. and no one would have to know. it does not take the place of study where you occasionally dissect a verse... or two..... but have an overall better picture of the true text-ure.. of His word..... just one plug in your ear is easy to do that along with other things....
so he can form good questions to ask the Lord .. to start his conversations.. with HimADN WITH HIS SPIRIT OF LIFE...
the Lord tell US .... " come let us reason together though your sins be as scarlet they will be made white as snow.". it is though that kind of relationship with him THAT BANTER.... that we learn who he is and what He is asking from us.. as individuals..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity