Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 06:35 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times

Advertisements

Jchance3,
Here's an answer that may be helpful.

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38-39

God is love. Love is powerful, love is complete, love is merciful, love is kind..Love is God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 07:07 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
[quote=jchance3;17637750]Hi June and everyone else,

I typically don't post, but I felt the need to reply to this question because I thought it was a great question. The above question, to me, is similar to the question me the above question that brought me to City-Data:

If sin keeps man from God, as well as God from man, how can a relationship be established between the two?

I'm suppose to be a Christian and I can't seem to find an answer to it.[/quote]

...Hello jchance...You can have an intimate, loving relationship with God if you:

*Confess all your sins to God and repent once and for all time of them, turning away from the committing of them to living in the power of the Holy Spirit, overcoming your sinful nature, and putting on the cloak of the righteousness of Christ...be ye holy as He is holy. What is sin? Sin is the transgression of the law of God. What is the law of God? The Ten Commandments. So sin is the transgression of any one of the Ten Commandments. Do not forsake keeping the Fourth Commandment, which is: "REMEMBER the Sabbath, to keep it holy unto God, and do no work on the Sabbath." The Sabbath is from Friday evening sundown, to Saturday evening sundown.

Do not be deceived by any other answer...Scripture jchance...Scripture is where you will find your answers. Earnestly and diligently seek the heart of God for His truth...and His instruction...His will and purpose for your life can only be found in the Written Word of God...and only Y-O-U alone can find it.

You have just been given an answer that agrees with the Word of God...study and show thyself approved unto God...and may God Bless you in your seeking and in your journey ever closer to Him. Amen.

Please...read the following...

1 John 1:

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. 1 John 1:6.

We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. 1 John 2:3.

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4.

No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him. 1 John 3:6.

How do we know if we love Him...? He tells us...

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14: 15.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:08 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchance3 View Post
Hi June and everyone else,

I typically don't post, but I felt the need to reply to this question because I thought it was a great question. The above question, to me, is similar to the question me the above question that brought me to City-Data:

If sin keeps man from God, as well as God from man, how can a relationship be established between the two?

I'm suppose to be a Christian and I can't seem to find an answer to it.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Not that June would really know, but it would seem to her that any "relational" God that has been spoken of in this thread, especially by those who describe God as love, would have compassion for the fact that he knows he made each individual vulnerable to 'sin.' --Perhaps he sees it as an opportunity to draw people to himself...

Just a "just June" thought...

Old 01-29-2011, 08:14 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Jchance3,
Here's an answer that may be helpful.

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38-39

God is love. Love is powerful, love is complete, love is merciful, love is kind..Love is God.
I like this answer Miss Blue!! NOTHING shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:13 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times
Quote:
Hi June and everyone else, I typically don't post, but I felt the need to reply to this question because I thought it was a great question. The above question, to me, is similar to the question me the above question that brought me to City-Data:

If sin keeps man from God, as well as God from man, how can a relationship be established between the two? I'm suppose to be a Christian and I can't seem to find an answer to it.
Easy. Pray for God's Divine Love delivered to our soul by the Holy Spirit. This powerful Love removes our sins... little by little... when a sufficient amount of sin has been removed and our soul becomes developed with His Love, then we establish a relationship with Him... our soul to His soul... and when our soul is completely filled with His Love and all the sins have been removed, we become at-one with Him, we become immortal and we become divine.

But... it's our choice to know Him and love Him in this way... and He's knocking at the door and He's patient... so will you or anyone else answer it? I did a long time ago. Blessings.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:03 AM

40 posts, read 53,833 times
Thank you all for your replies. All the posts were encouraging, though I am still perplexed.

See, my question isn't based on my own personal relationship with God, but Christianity (and the world) as a whole. It distresses me to look at the collective after I read bible verses like Romans 8:7 and reading John 3.

So, the question is, how is it that a sinner cut off from God and "is enmity against God" get to the point where they want a relationship with God? More so, how does one go from enmity against God to asking for a relationship with Him?

Old 01-30-2011, 11:05 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Thank you all for your replies. All the posts were encouraging, though I am still perplexed.

See, my question isn't based on my own personal relationship with God, but Christianity (and the world) as a whole. It distresses me to look at the collective after I read bible verses like Romans 8:7 and reading John 3.

So, the question is, how is it that a sinner cut off from God and "is enmity against God" get to the point where they want a relationship with God? More so, how does one go from enmity against God to asking for a relationship with Him?
Well it is very perplexing Jchance, that's for sure. But if you look at it from the perspective that GOD does the drawing, through the Holy Spirit and that it is completely up to God, then you know in your heart that He must have a plan for everyone if some are not chosen in this life. It's the only thing that makes any sense.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:08 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Simply by putting faith in his grace towards you,disregard every thought that opposes this has not coming from the heart of God.This is the good news that He loves you unconditionally, he wants you to love yourself unconditionally(you cannot love anyone unless you love yourself), so that you can love your your neighbor as yourself unconditionally.How can you avoid or resist being in a relationship with someone whose heart is unconditional love towards you ?.

Last edited by pcamps; 01-30-2011 at 01:37 PM..

Old 01-30-2011, 02:08 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Hi June and everyone else,

I'm suppose to be a Christian and I can't seem to find an answer to it.
Scriptures teaches that God takes the credit for those who come to believe and for those who reject are held accountable.

Depending on the context from scripture, this relationship happens this way:
  1. 1. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the word.
    • Christ's word is found in the Bible
  2. Predestination
    • Ephesians 1:11
      In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

Old 01-30-2011, 03:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Scriptures teaches that God takes the credit for those who come to believe and for those who reject are held accountable.

What is this, a balance sheet or statement predicated on gains and losses?
Is the business in a position to expand?
Or should it take immediate precautions to bolster cash reserves?

"Come on, Twin, have a little more heart and trust Christ."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity