Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 04:22 PM

213 posts, read 670,465 times

Advertisements

If your heart really wants something, but you are not sure if it is aligned with the will of God do you continue to go for it or accept its not his will and settle for something else. I have been a teacher for a few years but know in my heart that i want to be a public health nurse, but so many challenges come in my way, yet i keep striving for it because it keeps nagging at my heart. It would be easier to just keep teaching and more of a convience. I have heard that if it is in God's will things will flow easy and naturally. But trying to do nursing has been nothing but a struggle, but yet I just don't feel fulfilled teaching. I've prayed about it and felt like it was what i needed to do so why such a challenge, that's not alligned with the word?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 04:35 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,432,209 times
As a Christian we are encouraged to:

1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

We know that:

Psalm 34:15-16
The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry; the face of the LORD is against those who do evil, to cut off the memory of them from the earth.

1 Peter 3:12
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

Old 01-28-2011, 04:50 PM

9,670 posts, read 9,938,192 times
Jesus will is that HE wants to give you the desires of your heart and HE will never leave you or forsake you...., just keep believing and move your academia in the right direction for acceptance into the Field of nurcing , Then continue to pray that Jesus will open the doors in to the right job were He will get the glory and he will be the blessing into your life ...TO hear from Jesus ....Jesus will tell you what to do, if you listen to the first idea that comes to you , then you must reject all reason that spirit of antichrist that WILL come and take the Word that God gave away from you, so rebuke this antichrist spirit , but you must stay clean of sin so Jesus can get to you and bless you with HIS direction ..... Hard? But It works and you can know the will of God if you believe,....just take the outline from the true character of Jesus and his Word .......

Old 01-28-2011, 05:03 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,117,383 times
Matthew 15 gives us a picture of someone who wouldn't take "No" for an answer - someone of great faith. I believe it has to align with His will though.

Quote:
Then Jesus left Galilee and went north to the region of Tyre and Sidon.

A Gentile woman who lived there came to him, pleading, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! For my daughter is possessed by a demon that torments her severely.”

But Jesus gave her no reply, not even a word. Then his disciples urged him to send her away. “Tell her to go away,” they said. “She is bothering us with all her begging.”

Then Jesus said to the woman, “I was sent only to help God’s lost sheep—the people of Israel.”

But she came and worshiped him, pleading again, “Lord, help me!”

Jesus responded, “It isn’t right to take food from the children and throw it to the dogs.”

She replied, “That’s true, Lord, but even dogs are allowed to eat the scraps that fall beneath their masters’ table.”
“Dear woman,” Jesus said to her, “your faith is great. Your request is granted.” And her daughter was instantly healed.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:04 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,810,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincere1782 View Post
If your heart really wants something, but you are not sure if it is aligned with the will of God do you continue to go for it or accept its not his will and settle for something else. I have been a teacher for a few years but know in my heart that i want to be a public health nurse, but so many challenges come in my way, yet i keep striving for it because it keeps nagging at my heart. It would be easier to just keep teaching and more of a convience. I have heard that if it is in God's will things will flow easy and naturally. But trying to do nursing has been nothing but a struggle, but yet I just don't feel fulfilled teaching. I've prayed about it and felt like it was what i needed to do so why such a challenge, that's not alligned with the word?
Your will is His will. God always wants us to do better and more. Satan is trying to stop you. The Christian walk is always a struggle but the rewards are far greater than the suffering.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:08 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,025,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Your will is His will. God always wants us to do better and more. Satan is trying to stop you. The Christian walk is always a struggle but the rewards are far greater than the suffering.

it isn't satan, sometimes life just does not go the way we want. Sometimes bad stuff happens. It is NOT G-d who makes BAD stuff happen, nor is it satan.

That is a cop out.........

Sometimes BAD STUFF happens.......

Old 01-28-2011, 05:18 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,810,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
it isn't satan, sometimes life just does not go the way we want. Sometimes bad stuff happens. It is NOT G-d who makes BAD stuff happen, nor is it satan.

True, but where does the bad stuff originate? Satan.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:20 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,025,400 times
Quote:

Not a devil or satan. Bad things just happen. It is part of life. Bad things happen to good people and that is life. it just happens.

People die, people get sick, people don't get out of life what they want. You cannot put blame.

G-d does not cause bad stuff to punish and a devil does not cause bad stuff either.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:27 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,395,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post

There are a lot of folks that disagree with you, so as strongly as you feel, many others feel just as strongly that you're wrong.

Sometimes bad things happen. Sometimes satan puts roadblocks in our way. To act like you have an intense understanding of what's happening in this person's life and the way God is working in their life is naive and arrogant.

If the OP has a desire of the heart, I'd keep pursuing it. The things worth doing aren't always easy. Keep plugging away. If you're wondering if it's not for you, keep trying anyway. If God closes the door, there will be no doubt in your mind.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:35 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,436,651 times
Quote:
Only in the minds of those that give credence to the concept of the devil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity