Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 10:36 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,161 times

Advertisements

I have said it all along: God is love and God is hate. God will extend love and mercy to those who accept the only way of salvation, the blood of Jesus that stained the old rugged Cross. For those who ultimately reject God's love, then God rises up in hate -- and woe, woe, woe unto those people!

Also, Jesus came as a Lamb the first time, but He will come back the third time as a fierce Lion.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:44 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I have said it all along: God is love and God is hate.
I can only find "God is love" and "God so loved" bluntly stated in scripture. We know that God hates sin and the arm of the flesh (as I posted earlier), but to say that God hates most of mankind is untrue.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:45 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,005 times
Believing that Christ is the Son of God, the Holy One of Israel, and that He died for your personal sins alone grants you immortality. All the errors of doctrine will slowly become repaired in His time, in His fashion. This alone should unite the body of Christ in attempting to self replicate His mercy towards one another and find peaceful solutions coupled with loving dialogue between two disagreeing parties in the body of Christ. By following this hermeneutic, His presence will always be present. We can't falter.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:50 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I can only find "God is love" and "God so loved" bluntly stated in scripture. We know that God hates sin and the arm of the flesh (as I posted earlier), but to say that God hates most of mankind is untrue.
Ad that little word "So" in "For God SO loved the world", is Huge,and yet we major on the latter part of that great verse of scripture and magnify the word "perish".

Last edited by pcamps; 01-29-2011 at 12:02 PM..

Old 01-29-2011, 10:51 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Believing that Christ is the Son of God, the Holy One of Israel, and that He died for your personal sins alone grants you immortality. All the errors of doctrine will slowly become repaired in His time, in His fashion. This alone should unite the body of Christ in attempting to self replicate His mercy towards one another and find peaceful solutions coupled with loving dialogue between two disagreeing parties in the body of Christ. By following this hermeneutic, His presence will always be present. We can't falter.
Repped

Old 01-29-2011, 11:53 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post

Not to sound patronizing, you are walking the narrow way of the truth. Sssshhhhh, not too loud. The ET & UR brigade will surely come after you, be ready!

Old 01-29-2011, 11:56 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,005 times
Quote:
Repped
Mucho obligado

Old 01-29-2011, 12:08 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Many are downright patronizing to God, picturing Him wringing His hands in Heaven, and weeping impotently as the world He intended to save goes to Hell, and remains under the dominion of Satan permanently.
That image of God never crossed my mind. At one point God grieved He had created man, but what He did then was far from impotent. He destroyed all but eight individuals.

Genesis 6:6 The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth--men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air--for I am grieved that I have made them."

Old 01-29-2011, 12:15 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,161 times
Quote:
God's love for mankind will turn to hate eventually if the blood of Jesus is trodden underfoot. His hand of mercy is extended for only so long, and then hate takes over.

Jeremiah 16

[1] The word of the LORD came also unto me, saying,
[2] Thou shalt not take thee a wife, neither shalt thou have sons or daughters in this place.
[3] For thus saith the LORD concerning the sons and concerning the daughters that are born in this place, and concerning their mothers that bare them, and concerning their fathers that begat them in this land;
[4] They shall die of grievous deaths; they shall not be lamented; neither shall they be buried; but they shall be as dung upon the face of the earth: and they shall be consumed by the sword, and by famine; and their carcases shall be meat for the fowls of heaven, and for the beasts of the earth.
[5] For thus saith the LORD, Enter not into the house of mourning, neither go to lament nor bemoan them: for I have taken away my peace from this people, saith the LORD, even lovingkindness and mercies.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:57 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Well, I believe the carnal nature (the seed of the first Adam) is God's target of wrath. As He crucified His own Son, so it is with our flesh.

God is not concerned with making us comfortable in this life imo, rather He has purposed to make sons through the trials and fires we face here. I want to side with Him and take each opportunity to ask Him to burn out the old man in me, so that His life is all that remains.

I die daily. (1 Cor 15:31)
Yes, well said, Little Elmer. I have never stopped believing in the wrath of God. It has a specific purpose. And in this life we are walking through a fiery trial - no doubt about it. That's why the "earthly prosperity" gospel has always sounded so preposterous to me ,,, you know the one that says, "God wants you to drive a Rolls Royce and live in a big ol' Mc.Mansion and live to be 105" How anyone ever got such an idea by reading the NT I will never understand!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity