Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 05:42 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
amen pcamps.
And amen. It is all a matter of our spiritual focus and bringing our thoughts into captivity to the obedience of Christ. Whatsoever things are good, pure,lovely, etc... think on these things...

It is not surprising that when people sit around thinking that God is mad at everyone (except those who are perfect LOL!), they begin to project that image onto everything and ignore all the scriptures about the unfathomable riches of his kindness, his grace and the unfailing mercy of God. People are taught to do that by other humans. I've been to a lot of churches in my life. They spent a good deal of time with the Pastor screaming condemnation for the world from the pulpits. If you sit under that regularly, you start to parrot it.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:48 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Same old Finn just quoting what he wants to hear,and thus taking someone else's post out of context.
I quote the part of the post I am referring to.

It took ONE POST for you to get personal. Some things never change.

Have a nice day. Do not expect further replies from me, because I know how it always ends with you and I don't need it.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
And amen. It is all a matter of our spiritual focus and bringing our thoughts into captivity to the obedience of Christ. Whatsoever things are good, pure,lovely, etc... think on these things...

It is not surprising that when people sit around thinking that God is mad at everyone (except those who are perfect LOL!), they begin to project that image onto everything and ignore all the scriptures about the unfathomable riches of his kindness, his grace and the unfailing mercy of God. People are taught to do that by other humans. I've been to a lot of churches in my life. They spent a good deal of time with the Pastor screaming condemnation for the world from the pulpits. If you sit under that regularly, you start to parrot it.
No, the whole point is to not ignore anything. I don't ignore anything, but you do. You cherry pick certain aspects of character of God and ignore/deny the rest. That is a big problem, because you are preaching partial truth, when people need to hear the whole truth.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:52 PM

351 posts, read 354,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No one is ascribing human thoughts to anything. The issues presented here are straight from the Bible, not from someone's imagination. You should not ignore what the Bible teaches. You demean God by deliberately hiding truths about His character, because you are spreading a false testimony about him.

God hates false testimony: Zechariah 8:17 And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD

There are many things God hates: murder, robbery, lying, arrogance, divorce and sin in general.
When God says he Loved Jacob and hated Esau he does not mean it in the way a man would mean it. He favored Jacob over Esau.

When we try to figure out God on our terms we fail. He is not like us. HE IS NOT A MAN.

The things you list here are tools and ways God uses to complete his plan.
Like a surgeon who cuts into a human body he may "hate" the necessity of surgery but knows it is beneficial and necessary. The many things and ways God uses to finish his plan to "create man in his image" are also benificial and necessary.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:53 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
I quote the part of the post I am referring to.

It took ONE POST for you to get personal. Some things never change.

Have a nice day. Do not expect further replies from me.
Yet you have no problem accusing folk of cherry picking scripture like this...

Quote:
No, the whole point is to not ignore anything. I don't ignore anything, but you do. You cherry pick certain aspects of character of God and ignore/deny the rest. That is a big problem, because you are preaching partial truth, when people need to hear the whole truth.

but of cause to do so is not personal in your eyes.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
When God says he Loved Jacob and hated Esau he does not mean it in the way a man would mean it. He favored Jacob over Esau.

When we try to figure out God on our terms we fail. He is not like us. HE IS NOT A MAN.

The things you list here are tools and ways God uses to complete his plan.
Like a surgeon who cuts into a human body he may "hate" the necessity of surgery but knows it is beneficial and necessary. The many things and ways God uses to finish his plan to "create man in his image" are also benificial and necessary.
Yes, I am sure everyone here knows God is not a man. I didn't say anything about Esau. I won't repeat things I have already said, but if you read the thread, you will see that your points have already been addressed several times.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:11 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,268,016 times
This thread is officially CLOSED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity