Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 08:44 PM

563 posts, read 926,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
No one can live a sinless life. But it's pretty easy to avoid having sex.
What a terrible way to live life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
God reveals His truth to us throughout Scripture. Following is only one example which is applicable to this topic.

Romans 1: 18-25
I am sorely tempted to engage here, but I am in err because this is the Christianity board and my answers from this point may bring me into conflict with the mods and I don't want to be disrespectful.
The OP has our answers, as well as his free-will. The decision is his to make.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:10 PM

335 posts, read 374,206 times
"Is it really a Sin to lose your virginity before Marriage?"

If you want a direct scriptural answer to this, it is Yes.

Scripture indicates fornication is wrong. (Eph. 5:5, Col. 3:5, etc.)

Fornication:{Dictionary Online}

1. voluntary sexual intercourse outside marriage 2. law voluntary sexual intercourse between two persons of the opposite sex, where one is or both are unmarried 3. Bible sexual immorality in general, esp adultery

Sin is defined as, "Fault, or missing the mark, divine transgression." So if one believes that the bible represents God's standards, then this is how morality is judged. If one doesn't accept scripture, then it doesn't matter; they set their own morality or allow others to do it for them.

This does not mean it is unforgivable. King David committed some grave sins, yet found favor with God. I'm sure most of us have transgressed parental law, but were still able to maintain a loving relationship with them and even be forgiven.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:45 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,807,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
I was just thinking that what if a person goes their whole life by being a virgin and does not get married in the future? Not because they love God and all but like if their wish or dream doesn't happen when they want to get married and it doesn't happen. Forgive me if I'm wrong but what if a person that has lost their virginity just does not keep sleeping around with different people and have sex wisely?
Yes it is a sin to lose your virginity before marriage.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,171,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Define Marriage?

Old 01-30-2011, 03:10 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,807,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Define Marriage?
A covenant relationship between a man and a woman in the sight of God.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:41 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,171,259 times
What makes people believe that there was not an agreement or faithfulness between the parties? Is that not a covenant?
Or are you talking about a wild, drunken or licentious festivity; an unbridled indulgence of passion while dancing?

No doubt, neither could be hidden from the Spirit.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:58 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,623,429 times
Quote:
What makes people believe that there was not an agreement or faithfulness between the parties? Is that not a covenant?
Or are you talking about a wild, drunken or licentious festivity; an unbridled indulgence of passion while dancing?

Another case of: "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with..."

Old 01-30-2011, 05:02 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,389,680 times
Quote:

Typical argument of someone looking for an excuse. It's a pretty black and white issue, and some choose not to follow that part of the Bible, but it's there. It's a personal decision whether or not to engage in premarital sex, but there is NO argument whether to Bible forbids it or not.

If someone's looking for an excuse or way to justify it, they'll find one, but that doesn't make it right.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Really? No mercy on the molested or raped? Your bible says it just like that - you lost your virginity before marriage, you sinned?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity