Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 02:42 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I can't bless her, she has passed on.
I know that the Lord did not answer her manipulative prayers.
They were answered by evil spirits os the devil.
Her curses have and continue to effect our life.
We even had two failed adoptions? It is all making sence to me now.
There is nothing that comes into our lives that God does not allow.

She has no control or effect or power over you or your life that you yourself don't give her. God is in control of your life and His will for you and your family is to give you His best. He cannot be manipulated by evil hearts; as someone already said, requests to God must be in line with His will for you.

If the adoptions failed, it had nothing to do with a curse. It was God's best for you at this time. You may not know the reason for years, or maybe never. Lots of times we are disappointed in life because we don't get what WE want, forgetting that God wants the best for us and this wasn't His best, at least not for now. He knows what your future holds, you don't know what may be around the corner. God turns everything around for good for those who love Him.

Have faith, do not attribute powers greater than God's to mere humans. A believer can say with confidence: If God is for me, who can be against me?

Trust Him. He holds you tightly to His bosom, wrapped in perfect Love.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 04:11 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
No it's not. Ashville you know my posts and I know yours.
I can not find a natural explanation for this.

YES in today's lingo they had a "dysfunctional family." She spoke with a soft voice and a phony Southern Accent. She moved to Whiteville NC to be near her favorite daughter - the ORU graduate.
That's better than Harvard in her book.

Every time my husband and I try to expand our family something happens, I have wanted a large family all of my life.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:37 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Creepy. I have heard men like Pat Robertson pray for evil to happen to people. It is certainly not Christ-like. Whether or not people have the power to bring about curses on others just by speaking them, I don't know. Considering how many people curse and hate brutal dictators who are in power, I have my doubts about the power of being able to "curse" someone. But I'm not sure. I do believe that unless God allows it, no evil can touch me.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:47 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
I think that GOD is the Creator and the author of ALL life,and your mil has no bearing above God and what HE wants,thus,her prayers were useless in this case (remember,not all prayers are answered,only those in alignment with God's will),and irrelevant as to the outcome of what actually happened.
This is true. Prayes which go against God's will not be answered. If they are anwered, the answer is "NO WAY".

Old 01-30-2011, 08:16 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
If your MIL had any effect on you, you have let it happen. If she said prayers to God then if they were negative prayers they would not be answered, if she said prayers to the devil then they might be answered. It sounds like your MIL is an evil person. Just my opinion, but a little sage and some intercessory prayer will send that woman back to the devil. You deserve to be happy and you need to take charge of this situation. I've had to do this and you'd be surprised what the power of a few people holding hands and praying in agreement can do. It's very powerful.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:32 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Sheena12,

No, God doesn't allow a prayer from another person to harm another. That would infer that God is doing something evil. James 1:12-14
Twin is right God does not answer prayers that do not line up with His will, 1 John 5:14-15.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:36 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Sheena12,

No, God doesn't allow a prayer from another person to harm another. That would infer that God is doing something evil. James 1:12-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Twin is right God does not answer prayers that do not line up with His will, 1 John 5:14-15.
Amen.... to you both !!

Old 02-02-2011, 01:59 PM

For the record, I have never asserted that God answers prayers that are not in accordance with his will.
What I think is that thee are other types of Spirits, demons, who are just waiting to answer the prayers of an unrighteous man - or woman.
Jerry Falwell began praying for the demises of the Clinton presidency on CNN the day of his inauguration! ...Violating like 100 skillion scriptural admonitions! How brazen.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:53 PM

Does anyone have an answer for the above??
Please do not tell me that God does not answer prayers that are outside of his will.
I know this.
But can other types of spirits - evil spirits - hear the prayers of the unrighteous asking for calamity to be brought to another - and answer these prayers?
I am NOT saying that God answers prater requests for evil. Although my late mother in law would not br the first person to call themselves "Christian" and pray out of the will of the Lord.
Falwell and Robertson are two famous examples.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:03 PM

292 posts, read 934,054 times
I feel people can curse you under the guise of praying for you. They do this by imposing their own will in their so called prayers instead of praying God's will. I have heard this very subject taught on. As a matter of fact...one minister asked that people not pray for him at all because of this and asked only that prayers be to send the Holy Spirit to him and nothing more.
If there be any curses they can be destroyed.
Father...if there be any curses or assignments placed upon the lives of this couple and there unborn children...Father God please destroy these now in the name of Jesus! Lord bring restoration and fruition to them in it's place. Lord God all that you have for them, please now release in Jesus name, amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity