Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2011, 07:37 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,363,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Adulterers, fornicators, thieves, liars, murderers and so forth could all make the same argument; they can argue that they have a predisposition to do these things -- which is assuredly true. That's why Jesus said, "Ye must be born again". The old nature must be put to death so that a new nature comes forth, one that God approves of. If this born again experience is rejected, people remain sinners -- and God will eventually destroy them. Remember Sodom and Gomorrah.
Again, you don't appear to understand what homosexuality is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 06:56 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,884,714 times
Sure, the world is going to be destroyed when it is swallowed by the sun after it turns into a red giant.

Once this happens, it won't much matter what the reason is.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:07 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,489,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Adulterers, fornicators, thieves, liars, murderers and so forth could all make the same argument; they can argue that they have a predisposition to do these things -- .
Sounds like a lot of unfounded statements there scgraham. Forgive me if I don't buy that boatload of nonsense.

So lets discard the fantasies and what you say is the reason, and take lets bring a very nasty 4 letter word into this. That word would be FACT!
Research reveals that there are 5 main reasons for adultery. These are:
1. Loneliness.
2. Communication barriers.
3. Lack of love and affection.
4. A poor sexual relationship
5. Lack of intimacy

You get my drift, making up nonsense only weakens everything else you say, and confirms you don't have a clue, but you sure have an opinion Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 03-04-2011 at 08:18 PM..

Old 03-14-2011, 02:49 PM

422 posts, read 648,389 times
Your list is plenty short:

1. He has more money/power than my husband
2. She's hotter and will do unnatural things with me
3. I can get away with it
4. Thats what I saw my parents do
5. I'm selfish ( this is the #1 reason even if they dont admit it)

Old 04-21-2011, 02:08 PM

190 posts, read 242,057 times
Romans 1:18
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness 19v since what may be know about God is plain to them because God has made it plain to them. 20v For aince the creation of the world God's invisible qualities his eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made so that men are without excuse21v For although they knew God, they neither glorified Him as God nor gave thanks to Him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened 22v Although they claimed to be wise they became fools23v and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles. Therefore God gave them overin the sexual desire of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degarding of their bodies with one another. They exchaned the truth of God for a lie and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator

Old 04-21-2011, 03:37 PM

4,553 posts, read 6,387,679 times
All sexual activity outside of marriage between one man and woman is sin. Further, lusting is a sin. But so is lying, bearing false witness, eating too much, laziness, profanity, not giving to the poor, not praying, hatred, and coveting. The human problem is not just individual sin, but that we are born into sin, sinners from the start. Because we are sinners, we sin, even when we don't want to sin. Because of our sin nature, we are at odds with God and destined for hell UNTIL we believe in and follow Jesus Christ, who not only saves us, but gives us His Holy Spirit to live in the newness of life. Christians who focus on particular actions as sin really do a disservice to the Gospel, because the Gospel is about the entirety of the sin problem in humans, not just particular sins.

That being said, I also believe in separation of church and state and respecting people who have different religious beliefs. Therefore, religious beliefs about sexual ethics or the definition of marriage should not be the basis for secular law or policy. We must learn to stand firm in our personal Christian beliefs, yet respect others to live according to their conscience. I have never seen anyone badgered into repenting and following a Jesus. We must offer unconditional love to all, and stop obessing about particular sins in other peoples' lives. Additionally, we need to communicate that although we will not compromise the Truth in our own lives, we will not to impose our faith on others.

Last edited by Tarheelhombre; 04-21-2011 at 03:46 PM..

Old 06-26-2011, 08:10 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,113,203 times
asheville: I have a question for you. You obviously do not believe in God and any of the discussion here regarding Him. Let me ask you: do you swear by His Name when you are angry? What about if you are in court? Do you use Jesus' name in vain when you are shocked by something? If you do, then why are you using the name of someone you don't believe in? Why don't you use Caesar, Nixon, Obama, Buddha or Allah when you are angry? God will pour out His wrath not just for gay marriage but for abortion, sexual immorality, fornication, murder, idolatry et al. And taking His Holy Name in vain is in that list too, just to let you know.

Old 06-26-2015, 01:00 PM

11 posts, read 9,808 times
No.numerous other countries have legalized gay marriage and are in better shape than the us. Liberals, religious zealots, citizens refusing to take personal responsibility, corrupt Gov., greedy buisness, horrible education, sky high college tuition, high cost of living,expensive healthcare, killer cops... A million and one things will destroy this country but not Gay marriage.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:31 PM

20,436 posts, read 12,745,487 times
God will punish America for deserting Him. Legalizing gay marriage is just a part of that.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:37 PM

182 posts, read 444,592 times
Default Drifting away

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
God will punish America for deserting Him. Legalizing gay marriage is just a part of that.
America has prospered and thrived because it supported God and His values. There has always been those who do not but as a nation we supported and we prospered. Just like all those who support Israel will be favored yet our government has distanced America over the last few years from Israel.

Whether you like her or not what she said was prophetic when she ran for President. Sarah Palin said, "being politically correct is killing this country". No truer words have been spoken by any candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity