Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-29-2015, 09:01 AM
 
10,068 posts, read 5,682,954 times
Reputation: 2879

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I told the original poster, JIMANDTHOM, I was stealing his link and putting it on every thread that has anything to do with homosexuality.

There is much weeping and gnashing of teeth by those without a heart for love nor a mind for freedom, but look how God showed His blessing to Ireland, as it became the first nation whose people voted to legalize same sex marriage.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0..._n_7428358.htm



Actually there is a common word for such an occurrence, let's see what is it again, oh yea, "concidence".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-29-2015, 09:02 AM
 
10,068 posts, read 5,682,954 times
Reputation: 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Jesus is in the bible for a reason too...


The LOVE of GOD IS REAL....
So God loves sin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2015, 09:07 AM
 
Location: USA
18,423 posts, read 9,048,002 times
Reputation: 8462
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Actually there is a common word for such an occurrence, let's see what is it again, oh yea, "concidence".
That's rich! From the guy who said that a lady writing a letter before her death was proof of God.

I'm seriously laughing out loud right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2015, 09:18 AM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,088 posts, read 29,060,377 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So God loves sin?
Get out of the gutter of MORBIDITY and DARKNESS...

Isn't it time to join the rest of us in LIVING our lives in the embrace of Christ's LOVE.


Why can't the evangelical Fundies believe in the words of their HUMAN SAVIOR PAULIE---

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
New International Version (NIV)


4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2015, 09:29 AM
 
10,068 posts, read 5,682,954 times
Reputation: 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
That's rich! From the guy who said that a lady writing a letter before her death was proof of God.

I'm seriously laughing out loud right now.
Yea because it's perfectly normal and common for people to just have a random thought, hey I need to write a death letter because I apparently I am going to die soon even though I'm young and have no reason to think that death is near. <sarcasm mode off>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2015, 09:31 AM
 
10,068 posts, read 5,682,954 times
Reputation: 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Get out of the gutter of MORBIDITY and DARKNESS...

Isn't it time to join the rest of us in LIVING our lives in the embrace of Christ's LOVE.


Why can't the evangelical Fundies believe in the words of their HUMAN SAVIOR PAULIE---

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
New International Version (NIV)


4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Embracing Christ's love doesn't mean embracing sin. Supporting SSM is celebrating a person's commitment to willingly continue to live in sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2015, 09:45 AM
 
Location: USA
18,423 posts, read 9,048,002 times
Reputation: 8462
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Yea because it's perfectly normal and common for people to just have a random thought, hey I need to write a death letter because I apparently I am going to die soon even though I'm young and have no reason to think that death is near. <sarcasm mode off>
And yet you know the rainbow in Dublin was just a coincidence. Even though it happened during the vote for gay marriage.

You can clearly see that the other guy's miracle claim is bogus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2015, 09:49 AM
 
Location: georgia
939 posts, read 790,407 times
Reputation: 704
While same sex marraige certainly goes against His Holy Standards, God does not need to destroy America. America is derstroying itself thru apathy, ignorance, and a disregard for His standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2015, 09:55 AM
 
Location: georgia
939 posts, read 790,407 times
Reputation: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
America is gone already. The New World Order will be in place 2012. Along with it a merging of all regions for the sake of peace so we can all worship God. Of course we all know as Christians that you have to go through Christ to get to God right? Also that we don't all worship the same "God." We worship Yahweh and Islam worships Satan. So real Christians will reject this. The Pope will be the guy that merges Catholicism with Islam at archangel Gabriel. In doing so, rejecting Jesus Christ as God in the flesh and accepting Gabriel as the angel that displayed itself to Muhammad in a cave. Of course we know that is a lie right? Separation of church and state will dissolve. Enter their world religious leader/ Christian's anti-Christ. Enter tribulation for seven years. 2020 Armageddon and second coming of Jesus Christ. From what I've researched anyway. If you don't believe it now remember this message.
I agree in princple with some of what you say. Your prophecy is mere speculation however- Jesus Himself said that nobody knows the dates of the end times- only God knows. I do agree that America has turmed a corner it will no go back from however. Condoning homosexuality is just a small part of this process. Our nation by and large wnats nothing to do with God and His Holy Standards. He's been told to "get out", and He allows people a free will. He does not force Himself on people or nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2015, 09:58 AM
 
Location: georgia
939 posts, read 790,407 times
Reputation: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I've heard that too, but it typically comes from those who misunderstand their Bible.

It's based upon what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah and people usually think God destroyed those cities because of homosexuality. However, that's not so. He destroyed them because they refused to repent and because they were wealthy but failed to take care of their poor. Homosexuality was just a symptom of the larger disease of unbelief and, if fact, gives evidence of God having turned them over to a reprobate heart because of it. (see thr thread on that subject).

In any case, homosexuality is still a sin. I believe the Bible says that quite clearly. However, (and this is where I differ with a lot of my fellow believers), it's no different from any other sin. Yes, it's one of the few sins called an "abomination," but sin is still sin in God's eyes. It makes no difference if that sin is telling a little lie or lying with a person of the same sex. The penalty is the same if not repented of: eternal separation from God.

I also believe that we are who we are because God made us that way. Beginning with our genetics eon's ago, and building upon the life situation He directed us to be born into, He crafts us all, individually to be the person He wants us to be (however, I'm not convinced He's all that involved in the lives of those He knows will never trust in Christ, but that's another subject). Consequently, we all are tempted to sin, but we're not all tempted to commit the SAME sins. Some are tempted to same sex relationships, while others are tempted to adultery or theft or whatever. While we all share the common propensity to sin, we each have our own, specific, individual weaknesses.

So, in that sense, yes they're made that way, just as the rest of us are made susceptible to some other temptation. However, that does not give them the right to succumb to that temptation any more than the rest of us have the right to succumb to ours. In the end, it's still a choice to sin. For instance, I may be tempted to rob banks, but I'm not a bank robber until I act upon that temptation. It's the same thing with homosexuals, though most of them will vehemently deny it.

That does not mean, though, that they can't find forgiveness for their failures just as much as everyone else can find it for our failures. The blood of Christ covers all repented sins, including homosexuality. A homosexual can turn to Christ for his salvation just as surely and as easily as can the habitual thief, serial adulterer or common drunk. All it takes is to admit he's a sinner, believe in his heart that Jesus died on the cross in payment for his sins and was resurrected on the third day and confess that to another person. The road to salvation is open to all sinners, which means all of us.

Unfortunately, too many of our fellow believers are not willing to accept that homosexual's can be saved. They find that particular sin so personally revolting that it clouds their understanding and they want to hold homosexuals to a higher standard of salvation than the rest of us enjoy. They want them to STOP practicing homosexuality before being saved and before being welcomed into the body of the local church. That's clearly not Biblical. If that was Christ's standard, none of us would be saved and none of us could walk through the door of the church on Sunday morning because we ALL still sin.

So, on the question of whether or not God will destroy America because of homosexuality, or the acceptance of it, I think the answer is clearly no. However, He certainly can, and very well may, destroy us as a nation because of our unbelief and unrepentant hearts, just as He did Sodom and Gomorrah.

Moreover, the unrepentant hearts He finds most offensive are the ones found inside His Church. Note that the passage most often quoted as the solution to what ails us, II Chronicles 7:14, BEGINS with the words, "If MY PEOPLE WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME..." And, who are the people called by His name? In the Old Testament, it was the Jews. In the New Testament, it's US, the Christian church!

If God destroys this country, it won't be because of homosexuality. It will because His Church is so hard-hearted, so hypocritical (especially in regards to homosexuals) so unrepentant that He'll spew us out of His mouth.
One of the best posts I've ever read- thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top