Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-29-2015, 07:43 PM
 
9,945 posts, read 4,884,707 times
Reputation: 742

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
You'd think God would have destroyed us when we allowed vile slavery to exist in our country, what with all the routine whippings, tortures, rapes, and murders that accompanied it . . . not to mention the more basic crime of thinking God condoned owning another human being.
But he did not.
First of all, Israel was Never part of the slave-trade business.
In Israel one would be a slave in order to work off his debt for 6 years, then set free.
Also, weren't slaves set free during the ' Jubilee Year ' ?

If God would have acted before the soon coming ' time of separation ' - Matthew 25:31-32 - we simply would Not be here.
The passing of time has allowed us to be born and think who we would like as Sovereign over us.
Good point you make about ' when WE allowed.....' because God's standard is the Golden Rule.
So, it's man, Not God - Ecclesiastes 8:9,11 - who dominates man to man's hurt or injury.
During Jesus' coming 1,000 years of governing over earth - Rev. 20:6 - Jesus will undo all the wrongs committed by evil men - Psalm 92:7; Rev. 22:2

Last edited by Matthew 4:4; 06-29-2015 at 07:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-29-2015, 07:47 PM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,088 posts, read 29,070,272 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
If God would have acted before the soon coming ' time of separation ' - Matthew 25:31-32 - we simply would Not be here.
The passing of time has allowed us to be born and think who we would like as Sovereign over us.
Good point you make about ' when WE allowed.....' because God's standard is the Golden Rule.
So, it's man, Not God - Ecclesiastes 8:9,11 - who dominates man to man's hurt or injury.
During Jesus' coming 1,000 years of governing over earth - Rev. 20:6 - Jesus will undo all the wrongs committed by evil men - Psalm 92:7; Rev. 22:2
Jesus is going to LOVE all us sinners...right into the here after...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2015, 08:04 PM
 
9,945 posts, read 4,884,707 times
Reputation: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Homosexuality is not the ultimate sin against God....disbelief is. .
Isn't sin against God's holy spirit the ultimate sin - Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6 vs 4-6.

People are also born with a tendency toward alcohol abuse but would we give them alcohol to abuse themselves.
Rather it is a life-long fight against it.

So, it is the practice of fornication that is wrong in God's eyes.- Hebrews 13:4
We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation '- Matthew 25 vs 31,32 - and during Jesus' 1,000 years of governing over earth - Rev. 20:6 Jesus will undo all un-natural leanings or desires.- Rev. 22:2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2015, 08:08 PM
 
9,945 posts, read 4,884,707 times
Reputation: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Jesus is going to LOVE all us sinners...right into the here after...
What about those alive BEFORE the here after such as those people living on earth at the soon coming ' time of separation ' - Matthew 25 vs 31,32 - when only the righteous ' sheep ' can continue to be alive on earth right into the start of Jesus' coming 1,000 year governmental rulership over earth.

What will Jesus be doing according to Isaiah 11 vs 3,4 and Revelation 19 vs 11,25 ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2015, 08:08 PM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,088 posts, read 29,070,272 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Isn't sin against God's holy spirit the ultimate sin - Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6 vs 4-6.

People are also born with a tendency toward alcohol abuse but would we give them alcohol to abuse themselves.
Rather it is a life-long fight against it.

So, it is the practice of fornication that is wrong in God's eyes.- Hebrews 13:4
We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation '- Matthew 25 vs 31,32 - and during Jesus' 1,000 years of governing over earth - Rev. 20:6 Jesus will undo all un-natural leanings or desires.- Rev. 22:2
Do not like alcohol? Do not Drink--Even Jesus MADE wine..

Do not like sex? Do not have SEX...


Want to meet Jesus sooner than later? Well, I will let you figure that one out...


Matthew 27:5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2015, 08:09 PM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,088 posts, read 29,070,272 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
What about those alive BEFORE the here after such as those people living on earth at the soon coming ' time of separation ' - Matthew 25 vs 31,32 - when only the righteous ' sheep ' can continue to be alive on earth right into the start of Jesus' coming 1,000 year governmental rulership over earth.

What will Jesus be doing according to Isaiah 11 vs 3,4 and Revelation 19 vs 11,25 ?
Fundies say the OT laws and prophecies no longer apply?

Revelation was written for a time that has long since passed...has ZERO implications to us today..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2015, 08:18 PM
 
9,945 posts, read 4,884,707 times
Reputation: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Fundies say the OT laws and prophecies no longer apply?
Revelation was written for a time that has long since passed...has ZERO implications to us today..
You're not alone in your thinking that Revelation was written for the past, but please keep in mind that the setting or time frame for Revelation is for our day -> Rev. 1:10.

The minor fulfillment of Matthew chapter 24 came in the year 70 when the Roman armies destroyed apostate Jerusalem.
Revelation was written well after the year 70, so it does Not apply to the first century.
The MAJOR fulfillment is for the soon coming ' time of separation ' - Matthew 25 vs 31,32; Rev. 7:14

Remember: Jesus gave us the illustration of how genuine ' wheat ' Christians would grow together over the centuries with the fake ' weed/tares' Christians until the harvest time or the coming ' time of separation '.

The international spreading about the good news of God's kingdom government in the hands of Christ Jesus is being proclaimed on a global scale today just as Matthew 24:14 brings out before the end of all badness comes to earth, then Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2015, 08:23 PM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,088 posts, read 29,070,272 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
You're not alone in your thinking that Revelation was written for the past, but please keep in mind that the setting or time frame for Revelation is for our day -> Rev. 1:10.

The minor fulfillment of Matthew chapter 24 came in the year 70 when the Roman armies destroyed apostate Jerusalem.
Revelation was written well after the year 70, so it does Not apply to the first century.
The MAJOR fulfillment is for the soon coming ' time of separation ' - Matthew 25 vs 31,32; Rev. 7:14

Remember: Jesus gave us the illustration of how genuine ' wheat ' Christians would grow together over the centuries with the fake ' weed/tares' Christians until the harvest time or the coming ' time of separation '.

The international spreading about the good news of God's kingdom government in the hands of Christ Jesus is being proclaimed on a global scale today just as Matthew 24:14 brings out before the end of all badness comes to earth, then Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.
OH NO! It is the MINOR and MAJOR fulfillment!!!

Prophecies have only ONE application...a prophecy CANNOT cover more than ONE EVENT...

PLEASE explain to me the MINOR and MAJOR prophecy of Jesus crucifixion?


Also, do all prophecies have TWO parts or just the ones evangelical fundies convert a prophecy to TWO parts when the first (original) no longer applies to modern society?

Please lay out criteria for determining which have minor and major fulfillment...and give the chapter and verse that has God telling us there are MINOR and MAJOR installments...PLEASE.

FLASH__JESUS is NOT coming back. This is not his kingdom..We will only see Jesus when we DIE...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2015, 08:28 PM
 
9,945 posts, read 4,884,707 times
Reputation: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Do not like alcohol? Do not Drink--Even Jesus MADE wine..
Do not like sex? Do not have SEX...
Want to meet Jesus sooner than later? Well, I will let you figure that one out...
Matthew 27:5
How did Judas committing suicide get him to meet Jesus?
Judas knew Jesus ' before ' he killed himself.

Who would you encourage to abuse alcohol ? _________
I am Not talking about the liking or disliking of drinking but someone who can't control his drinking.
Whether stemming from the result of genetics, or from another source, the person who likes alcohol too much, or can't control his drinking to the point of drunkeness has an on-going fight on his hands.

Also, it's not the liking or disliking of sex but the standard of Hebrew s13:4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2015, 08:32 PM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,088 posts, read 29,070,272 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4;40219548[B
]

QUESTION--How did Judas committing suicide get him to meet Jesus?
Judas knew Jesus ' before ' he killed himself.[/b]

ANSWER--Want to meet Jesus sooner than later? Well, I will let you figure that one out...

Who would you encourage to abuse alcohol ? _________
I am Not talking about the liking or disliking of drinking but someone who can't control his drinking.
Whether stemming from the result of genetics, or from another source, the person who likes alcohol too much, or can't control his drinking to the point of drunkeness has an on-going fight on his hands.

Also, it's not the liking or disliking of sex but the standard of Hebrew s13:4
FOOLISHNESS is so unbecoming of a fundie...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top