Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2015, 07:36 PM

10,093 posts, read 5,007,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
OH NO! It is the MINOR and MAJOR fulfillment!!!
Prophecies have only ONE application...a prophecy CANNOT cover more than ONE EVENT...
PLEASE explain to me the MINOR and MAJOR prophecy of Jesus crucifixion?
Also, do all prophecies have TWO parts or just the ones evangelical fundies convert a prophecy to TWO parts when the first (original) no longer applies to modern society?
Please lay out criteria for determining which have minor and major fulfillment...and give the chapter and verse that has God telling us there are MINOR and MAJOR installments...PLEASE.
FLASH__JESUS is NOT coming back. This is not his kingdom..We will only see Jesus when we DIE...
Since the dead know nothing - Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalms 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13; John 11:11-14 - then how do unconscious people see Jesus when they are dead ?___________

What does Luke 19: 43-44; 21: 20-24 say about the destruction coming upon Jerusalem ?
In the year 66 the Christians fled Jerusalem so when the Romans returned in the year 70 they were long gone.
Although that destruction was bad it was Not the ' great tribulation ' of Matthew 24:21, so the year 70 was a limited fulfillment and the ' great tribulation ' - Rev. 7:14 being future.

Where is it written that all prophecies have 2 parts or a minor and a major one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 07:51 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,293,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Since the dead know nothing - Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalms 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13; John 11:11-14 - then how do unconscious people see Jesus when they are dead ?___________

What does Luke 19: 43-44; 21: 20-24 say about the destruction coming upon Jerusalem ?
In the year 66 the Christians fled Jerusalem so when the Romans returned in the year 70 they were long gone.
Although that destruction was bad it was Not the ' great tribulation ' of Matthew 24:21, so the year 70 was a limited fulfillment and the ' great tribulation ' - Rev. 7:14 being future.

Where is it written that all prophecies have 2 parts or a minor and a major one?
Hey, that is my question....where is it written prophecy has MINOR and MAJOR fulfillment??

Some confused poster posted this--

The minor fulfillment of Matthew chapter 24 came in the year 70 when the Roman armies destroyed apostate Jerusalem.
Revelation was written well after the year 70, so it does Not apply to the first century.
The MAJOR fulfillment is for the soon coming ' time of separation ' - Matthew 25 vs 31,32; Rev. 7:14

Old 06-30-2015, 05:14 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,428,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post

First of all, Israel was Never part of the slave-trade business.
In Israel one would be a slave in order to work off his debt for 6 years, then set free.
Also, weren't slaves set free during the ' Jubilee Year ' ?
I was answering the person who said God was slowly destroying the USA because of their sins. I wasn't talking about Israel. I was talking about slavery in the USA.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:20 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,428,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

I'm not against progress. I'm against redefining marriage to include something unnatural.
Are you talking about sex? Animals have been documented as having same-sex sex.

How do you define "unnatural"? Does sex have to have a possibility of pregnancy to be natural?

Old 06-30-2015, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Are you talking about sex? Animals have been documented as having same-sex sex.

How do you define "unnatural"? Does sex have to have a possibility of pregnancy to be natural?
This has been discussed at length and the evangelical fundies dismiss this as being either fantasy or one in a million behavior by brain damaged animals..LOL

Old 06-30-2015, 06:43 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,237,165 times
Actually, I think this IS part of the judgment. Just as God turned them over to their lustful ways in Romans 1, I believe God is lifting his grace from our nation.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Actually, I think this IS part of the judgment. Just as God turned them over to their lustful ways in Romans 1, I believe God is lifting his grace from our nation.
God surely lifted his "grace" with the genocide against the Original Nations, SLAVERY, destruction of the environment, Pat Robertson, and the marginalization of the least of us..Marriage Equality has yet to even reach His ears...

Old 06-30-2015, 08:12 AM

18,524 posts, read 9,206,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
That is superstition.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:26 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,237,165 times
Quote:
God surely lifted his "grace" with the genocide against the Original Nations, SLAVERY, destruction of the environment, Pat Robertson, and the marginalization of the least of us..Marriage Equality has yet to even reach His ears...
Perhaps. You listed some things we can certainly discuss. I would probably disagree with you on most of them, but the fact is, the American church, and American society as a whole has gone away from what God commands. He has in the past turned people over to their sinful ways and said "ok...have at it". I believe that's where we are today.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:51 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,461,925 times
Quote:
His Grace was never with this Nation. He has used it, but no Grace of favor. Grave is for individuals not Nations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity