Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-30-2015, 10:07 AM
 
Location: Caverns measureless to man...
7,588 posts, read 6,657,030 times
Reputation: 17966

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Yea because it's perfectly normal and common for people to just have a random thought, hey I need to write a death letter because I apparently I am going to die soon even though I'm young and have no reason to think that death is near. <sarcasm mode off>
How many people wrote letters to their loved ones or wills that year and didn't die a few months later? Got even a ballpark figure on that? Because with that data, your anecdote is completely meaningless.

Once again, an example of religious people having absolutely no ability to grasp the meaning of the word "evidence."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-30-2015, 10:08 AM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,087 posts, read 29,303,333 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
His Grace was never with this Nation. He has used it, but no Grace of favor. Grave is for individuals not Nations.
I believe God would disagree as he has shed his grace on Israel numerous times..but then again, that was then and this is now--which demonstrates how God CHANGES from yesterday, to today and who knows about tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2015, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Caverns measureless to man...
7,588 posts, read 6,657,030 times
Reputation: 17966
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Maybe it was a sign from God or not. Our relationship with God is very personal so He interacts with us in unique ways. I don't get your logic that my beliefs means your mother couldn't be welcomed into heaven. We are born alone and we die alone. She carries no blame for your own actions.
OK, so... his mother bears no blame for the fact that her son is gay, but you say the entire United States is going to be punished by god for allowing gay marriage.

What part of this was supposed to make sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2015, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
31,373 posts, read 20,275,017 times
Reputation: 14072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
OK, so... his mother bears no blame for the fact that her son is gay, but you say the entire United States is going to be punished by god for allowing gay marriage.

What part of this was supposed to make sense?
Making sense is foreign to fundamentalism.

It does not compute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2015, 11:34 AM
 
18,172 posts, read 16,472,416 times
Reputation: 9328
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I believe God would disagree as he has shed his grace on Israel numerous times..but then again, that was then and this is now--which demonstrates how God CHANGES from yesterday, to today and who knows about tomorrow.
He shed it on Israel and finally took it away when they disobeyed continually.

The US has never had that grace as it is totally a man made nation, not God made, so ..... tomorrow it will just get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2015, 11:52 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
10,688 posts, read 7,744,280 times
Reputation: 4674
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
He shed it on Israel and finally took it away when they disobeyed continually.

The US has never had that grace as it is totally a man made nation, not God made, so ..... tomorrow it will just get worse.
It may get better if we can destroy or minimize the debilitating effects of fundamentalism on this and other nations. But the hearts of men are exceedingly deceitful and I suspect they will continue to be fooled by Satan into thinking their hateful words and actions come from God.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 06-30-2015 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2015, 12:17 PM
 
18,172 posts, read 16,472,416 times
Reputation: 9328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
It may get better if we can destroy or minimize the debilitating effects of fundamentalism on this and other nations. Bit the hearts of men are exceedingly deceitful and I suspect they will continue to be fooled by Satan into thinking their hateful words and actions come from God.
True as anyone who thinks this or any Nation will get better, is foolish. History shows it is simply getting worse regardless of what the differing "believers" in their own ideology, think. Fundamentalism is simply the opposite side of the same coin of Evolutionism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2015, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Arizona
8,295 posts, read 8,706,883 times
Reputation: 27771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Perhaps. You listed some things we can certainly discuss. I would probably disagree with you on most of them, but the fact is, the American church, and American society as a whole has gone away from what God commands. He has in the past turned people over to their sinful ways and said "ok...have at it". I believe that's where we are today.

In what way have we gone against God's commands?

We no longer have Jim Crow.

We know longer practice eugenics.

We no longer have slavery.

We no longer have indentured servitude.

We no longer draft people against their will.

We no longer imprison people because of their beliefs.

And many others.

Because we now allow same sex marriage all of a sudden we are going down hill? How will society be affected by this? NOTHING WILL BE DIFFERENT! Gays are doing what they have always done. The 2 gays guys next door will be the same. There will be no difference in what happens because they can marry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2015, 09:32 PM
 
10,098 posts, read 5,764,838 times
Reputation: 2919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
How many people wrote letters to their loved ones or wills that year and didn't die a few months later? Got even a ballpark figure on that? Because with that data, your anecdote is completely meaningless.

Once again, an example of religious people having absolutely no ability to grasp the meaning of the word "evidence."
And yet another example why it is a waste of time trying to present evidence because you immediately compare it to something else that is unrelated. A person with a heart burning with hatred for God will NEVER EVER accept evidence even if it smacks you in the face. Why? Because Satan wants to keep you lost and blind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2015, 09:35 PM
 
5,051 posts, read 3,596,361 times
Reputation: 6512
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
In what way have we gone against God's commands?

We no longer have Jim Crow.

We know longer practice eugenics.

We no longer have slavery.

We no longer have indentured servitude.

We no longer draft people against their will.

We no longer imprison people because of their beliefs.

And many others.

Because we now allow same sex marriage all of a sudden we are going down hill? How will society be affected by this? NOTHING WILL BE DIFFERENT! Gays are doing what they have always done. The 2 gays guys next door will be the same. There will be no difference in what happens because they can marry.
YES, and it will have ZERO effect on 99.99 % of the people complaining most loudly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:51 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top