Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2011, 02:38 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times

Advertisements

Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Romans 7:24

When did our bodies become bodies of death ?.

Does death pass onto us the moment we are born into this world ?. Or did death pass onto us while we were still in the loins of Adam ?.

Fire away.

Last edited by pcamps; 03-07-2011 at 02:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 02:50 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,693,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Romans 7:24

Does death pass onto us the moment we are born into this world ?.

Fire away.
well,yes.it's programmed into our dna that we will not last forever in this earthly existence.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:12 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,038,708 times
We are all condemn , In Romans 3: 22-24...``Even the righteousness of God which by faith of Jesus Christ to all and on all them that believe; for there is no difference... for all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God ..being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus``.....Death of the body come to us at the moment when sin entered the body of Man , usually at early age when deceptions came into the heart that would be judged by the Lord .......Children who get dedicated or pre-baptized will be blessed by the Lord more than children who did not get dedication to the Lord, but the Lord will collect all babies and young children and send them to Heaven to be developed as Children of God ...... The bible does not say to much about young children and babies aborted but current prophets have reported this mercy that the Lord has , one example is the rich man a lazarus were God send a poor man Lazarus to Heaven with his mercy, from Luke 16: 19-31

Old 03-07-2011, 06:31 PM

Has anyone ever considered that the body of death is the way man naturally thinks ?

The mind governed by the flesh is death.Romans 8:6

Old 03-07-2011, 11:59 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,442,203 times
Hey Paul...great subject! The apostle, at least from my perspective, and his body of death was that which was from the law. Since he awaited for the resurrection of the dead and Parousia of Christ, it was by that event, where he would be freed from it, and be clothed with righteousness in which God could be all in all with him. The old covenant body was dying, waxing old, ready to vanish away, and him being in the new creation, would finally be consummated, and he would be clothed with the new body, given to believers alive, saints who rested and risen in their graves, united together as one bride.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:59 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,026,879 times
Quote:
Has anyone ever considered that the body of death is the way man naturally thinks ?

The mind governed by the flesh is death.Romans 8:6
Yes, pcamps - but death has affected our entire world. Are you suggesting that we can just think our way out of it. Or do you expect something supernatural to deliver us from this body of death. What about the scripture that says "We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed in the twinkling of an eye" and "mortality must put on immortality". I think something HUGE and UNPRECEDENTED is bound to happen that will change the course of this world. My faith is BIG and I'm sure it sounds foolish to those who do not even believe in God, much less a resurrection.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:46 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,376,195 times
Quote:

Does death pass onto us the moment we are born into this world ?. Or did death pass onto us while we were still in the loins of Adam ?.

Fire away.
I believe that Paul is referring to the "remains" of Adam in him, now that he has been shown Christ within him. Until man receives revelation from God concerning Christ within him, all he sees is Adam.

And "the beast" in Revelation ch 17, imo, refers to this Adam nature:

"The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is."

Adam "was," because until Christ there was only Adam.

Adam "is not," because he has been replaced by Christ.

"And yet he is," because as Paul mentions in the verses you quoted, and as we can see in the world, Adam's "remains" are still lingering in the world, until Christ fills all in all.

Blessings,
brian

Old 03-08-2011, 03:07 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,634,064 times
Quote:

Fire away.
Jesus Christ delivered us ALL from this body of death.....we were all condemned to die in Adam but in Christ we are made alive! Hallelujah! Our bodies, these earthly vessels, are nothing to what we will have in Christ. He arose from the dead, showed himself arisen to over 500 people and still had scars to prove his untimely death. I believe we will be what we are now, just better. We will be like Christ....arisen.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yes, pcamps - but death has affected our entire world. Are you suggesting that we can just think our way out of it. Or do you expect something supernatural to deliver us from this body of death. What about the scripture that says "We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed in the twinkling of an eye" and "mortality must put on immortality". I think something HUGE and UNPRECEDENTED is bound to happen that will change the course of this world. My faith is BIG and I'm sure it sounds foolish to those who do not even believe in God, much less a resurrection.
By the mind of Christ yes i do think we can think our way out of it.

I believe Christ is supernatural and by him we are being transformed into his image as we behold him.

Christ in us is huge and unprecedented in my view,and all major happengs will begin there first.Out of your innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Hey Paul...great subject! The apostle, at least from my perspective, and his body of death was that which was from the law. Since he awaited for the resurrection of the dead and Parousia of Christ, it was by that event, where he would be freed from it, and be clothed with righteousness in which God could be all in all with him. The old covenant body was dying, waxing old, ready to vanish away, and him being in the new creation, would finally be consummated, and he would be clothed with the new body, given to believers alive, saints who rested and risen in their graves, united together as one bride.

I can agree with the best part of this,though from the perspective of UR, i believe all will be delivered from the body of death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity