Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2011, 10:23 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Okay, let's take you personally out of the equation. What will happen to those who never get the chance to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ?
As Jesus revealed to Paul:
Romans 10:17
Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

Romans 10:17 (KJV)
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Not hearing it produces no faith. The result of no faith, God revealed:
Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, ....

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him:....

God didn't reveal it message as ...improbable, or eventually you'll please him, or if not in this life then next life for sure.
As Jesus revealed:
Matthew 7:23
Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Matthew 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Mark 3:29
But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.”

Mark 3:29
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Sorry... I added the KJV being that is the offical reconized version of the LDS

Last edited by twin.spin; 03-18-2011 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 10:47 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
You know I have heard so many individuals state that there are people who have not heard or will not hear the Gospel before they die..... this is not true the scripture tell us the opposite of this rumor, untruth..... therefore people will be without excuse that they never heard the truth of the Gospel !!

Matt. 24:14
"This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Rom.10:17-18
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
18 But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did:
“Their voice has gone out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.”

Col.1:5-6
5 the faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel
6 that has come to you. In the same way, the gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world—just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and truly understood God’s grace.

Col.1:22-24
22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—
23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.
24 Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.

The scripture does not lie.....

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 03-18-2011 at 12:00 PM..

Old 03-18-2011, 10:54 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
You know I have heard so many individuals state that there are people who have not heard or will not hear the Gospel before they die..... this is not true the scripture tell us the opposite of this rumor, untruth..... therefore people will be without excuse that they never heard the truth of the Gospel !!

Matt. 24:14
"This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Rom.10:17-18
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
18 But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did:
“Their voice has gone out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.”

Col.1:5-6
5 the faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel
6 that has come to you. In the same way, the gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world—just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and truly understood God’s grace.

Col.1:22-24
22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—
23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.
24 Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.

The scripture does not lie.....

And yet - there are people who have never heard the Gospel... Hmm... Maybe the scripture does lie...

Old 03-18-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
And yet - there are people who have never heard the Gospel... Hmm... Maybe the scripture does lie...
The scripture does not lie, dewdrop !! How do you know there have been people who have not heard ?
Show me those that you say and guarantee have not..... people have heard the gospel one way or another at one time or another in their life. Especially in this day and age with computer's, the media, billboards, family member's, friends, missionaries and so forth !!

Old 03-18-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
The scripture does not lie, dewdrop !! How do you know there have been people who have not heard ?
Show me those that you say and guarantee have not..... people have heard the gospel one way or another at one time or another in their life. Especially in this day and age with computer's, the media, billboards, family member's, friends, and so forth !!
You can't really think that everyone on this planet lives with a cellphone, billboards, and a computer? Have you never been outside your own country? There are places so poor and secluded that they have never seen such things. You want me to show you someone on the other side of the planet that doesn't have a computer? How? Do you want me to go there, travel for hundreds of miles into unknown territory, take a picture of them - and send it to you? When I went to China - there were people living in such squalor and destitution - and I'm pretty sure most of them probably didn't even know how to read - much less read or hear about the Bible. And that's only China - outside the major towns. Really - you can't seriously believe that everyone everywhere lives like we do here. Wake up and smell the different cultures.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
You can't really think that everyone on this planet lives with a cellphone, billboards, and a computer? Have you never been outside your own country? There are places so poor and secluded that they have never seen such things. You want me to show you someone on the other side of the planet that doesn't have a computer? How? Do you want me to go there, travel for hundreds of miles into unknown territory, take a picture of them - and send it to you? When I went to China - there were people living in such squalor and destitution - and I'm pretty sure most of them probably didn't even know how to read - much less read or hear about the Bible. And that's only China - outside the major towns. Really - you can't seriously believe that everyone everywhere lives like we do here. Wake up and smell the different cultures.
Show me dewdrop, you made the statement, that you guarantee and say that the scripture lie and not everyone has heard the gospel..... quite making excuses..... and trying to turn it back unto me, now I want to see this that you claim to be truth.....

And yes, I am very serious and with all my heart do believe the scripture and GOD before I will ever listen to any man/woman !!

You have no idea, nor knowledge of the power of God and His ways to speak to the heart......

I believe you are the one that needs to wake up to the reality of who God is and quite trying to be God..... yourself !!

Old 03-18-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Show me dewdrop, you made the statement, that you guarantee and say that the scripture lie and not everyone has heard the gospel..... quite making excuses..... now I want to see this that you claim to be truth.....

And yes, I am very serious and with all my heart do believe the scripture and GOD before I will ever listen to any man/woman !!

You have no idea, nor knowledge of the power of God and His ways to speak to the heart......

I believe you are the one that needs to wake up to the reality of who God is and quite trying to be God..... yourself !!
I'm not trying to be God. I'm not telling everyone what to believe and that if they don't agree with me - they are wrong, wrong, wrong. You can disagree with me. But you are only showing your ignorance if you really, truly believe that everyone has heard of Jesus.
I don't care if you believe me or not. I think it's actually ridiculous that you really think that everyone in the world has access to a computer or cellphone so that everyone in the world has heard the Gospel. Honestly - there are tons of websites out there that talk about how God will treat those that haven't heard of him. There are missionaries that are constantly trying to go where no missionary has gone before to speard the word to virgin ears. I guess you should contact everyone and tell them not to bother - everyone has already heard.
You don't have to believe me. I could care less if you do or not. Ignorance is bliss.
I don't believe the scripture anyway. But if it doesn't lie - perhaps it is you that is interperting it incorrectly. Honestly, I could care less. I just think it's apalling that you have no understanding of how people live in other cultures.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:40 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:
Show me those that you say and guarantee have not..... people have heard the gospel one way or another at one time or another in their life. Especially in this day and age with computer's, the media, billboards, family member's, friends, missionaries and so forth !!

Cyber there are so many people who have their scripture and they believe but they are not Christian and you are absolutely wrong... G-d does grab folks and does speak to their hearts and yes they choose to listen and yes they choose not to be Christian...

It is an arrogant stance to say Christianity has the only truth...

Your right Scripture does not lie and G-d has a covenant with a people already which he has not forsaken...

Christians may have come to G-d through Jesus but there is already a covenant in place, make no mistake about that...

Old 03-18-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
I'm not trying to be God. I'm not telling everyone what to believe and that if they don't agree with me - they are wrong, wrong, wrong. You can disagree with me. But you are only showing your ignorance if you really, truly believe that everyone has heard of Jesus.
I don't care if you believe me or not. I think it's actually ridiculous that you really think that everyone in the world has access to a computer or cellphone so that everyone in the world has heard the Gospel. Honestly - there are tons of websites out there that talk about how God will treat those that haven't heard of him. There are missionaries that are constantly trying to go where no missionary has gone before to speard the word to virgin ears. I guess you should contact everyone and tell them not to bother - everyone has already heard.
You don't have to believe me. I could care less if you do or not. Ignorance is bliss.
I don't believe the scripture anyway. But if it doesn't lie - perhaps it is you that is interperting it incorrectly. Honestly, I could care less. I just think it's apalling that you have no understanding of how people live in other cultures.
Dewdrop don't try and put it back on me...... You made the statement and now you are falsely accusing, condemning, and belittling me because your angry that you have said something you shouldn't even said..... so now in spite turn around and start saying awfull things.
Shame on you for being so unkind and a very unloving person.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:48 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:
Show me dewdrop, you made the statement, that you guarantee and say that the scripture lie and not everyone has heard the gospel..... quite making excuses..... and trying to turn it back unto me, now I want to see this that you claim to be truth.....

To think that every one on the planet has access to the gospel is very unrealistic. It is fairly easy to understand that. There is a huge population of the world that worry about the basics to survive and that does not include access to tv, computer, radio etc etc etc....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity