Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 10:42 PM

63,891 posts, read 40,164,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Doesn't this then suggest that god is simply the ever evolving construct of man's mind? It also leads one to believe that it was just 2,000 years ago man BEGAN to develop a correct understanding of deity? What about the eons before that IF indeed, the god of the times prior was 'described as a complete monster possessing every negative psychological weakness of humanity?' I am wondering what makes you and I so special to enjoy this glorious view of god, but not those prior to the time of Jesus?
Evolution, Insane . . . it has taken long enough. Too long . . . thanks to the counterproductive beliefs perpetuated by the mainstream churches. It does not speed evolution when cognitive constructs are stagnated at the level of ancient primitive ignorance for 2000+ years or so. Jesus said the "fields were ripe for harvest" 2000+years ago Imagine where we would be if the religious leaders had done their job and revised the carnal "milk" to ever closer forms of spiritual "solid food" instead of stagnating in ancient ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 10:51 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,107,174 times
Quote:
Doesn't this then suggest that god is simply the ever evolving construct of man's mind? It also leads one to believe that it was just 2,000 years ago man BEGAN to develop a correct understanding of deity? What about the eons before that IF indeed, the god of the times prior was 'described as a complete monster possessing every negative psychological weakness of humanity?' I am wondering what makes you and I so special to enjoy this glorious view of god, but not those prior to the time of Jesus?
Maybe like everything else in the Universe, it's a process of evolution, by going on a journey of finding our way back to God we somehow learn some fundamental truth about Reality.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:58 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Winslow View Post
Mystic seems to be able to see what is happening.
Why can't the rest here also?
Denial isn't only a river in Egypt!

Old 04-16-2011, 12:22 AM

130 posts, read 164,611 times
Tri mystical insanity here on a boat of denial, this is something you guys, why not pray and read the bible hours a day, ask God what evolutionary mystical psycology is, insane oh my every idle word has a consquence He says, Is God sport

Old 04-16-2011, 05:05 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,010,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Maybe like everything else in the Universe, it's a process of evolution, by going on a journey of finding our way back to God we somehow learn some fundamental truth about Reality.
But in the meantime???

Old 04-16-2011, 07:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Winslow View Post
Wouldn't that be the Second Coming when satan is removed from his throne?
Eeeehh....no. It will be before it.

Quote:
Did the book create the blinders?
Or those that taught you with it?
Mystic seems to be able to see what is happening.
Why can't the rest here also
Atheists, and people like mystic are always happy to come here to make comments like that, but like I said it is simply a sign of the times.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This thread is an attempt to reveal the corruption of Christ's Gospel that has already gripped the church from it earliest days rendering Christ's message of love impotent. The merging of our ancient ancestors' ignorant beliefs about a vengeful wrathful jealous God with the God Jesus revealed to us so unambiguously is the prime culprit in the corruption of His Gospel. Your personal discomfort and paranoia with that reality is not Christian bashing, Finn.
There is no bashing going on. We are discussing what happened to corrupt the Gospel of Jesus Christ with OT ignorance.
Whatever you say. You fool no one mystic.

You can call Bible corrupt, and you can call Christians and their beliefs anything you want, but to me the Bible is the word of God, and my faith is the most important thing in my life. Call it corrupt or anything you want.

PS I am glad you took the advice and dropped the word "stupid" when you descibe people who don't agree with you You toned it down to just "ignorant". It is a step in the right direction.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:07 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Quote:
But in the meantime???
I asked a question along similar lines in a different thread. The answer given is at least consistent with the beliefs of those who think that this one lifetime is not all there is to our existence.

//www.city-data.com/forum/18725536-post28.html

Old 04-16-2011, 08:16 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Atheists ... are always happy to come here to make comments like that, but like I said it is simply a sign of the times.
Happy? No, not even close. There was nothing happy about coming to the realization that the things I had been indoctrinated with were damaging on so many levels. I'm not happy about it, nor am I mocking anyone who is still in the dark about the truth of what Mystic wrote in his o.p. Why would I mock someone for being in the same boat I was; why would I be happy to see them still in that place? If I was happy about that, I wouldn't say anything at all.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:35 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,642,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I apologize . . . apparently your reading comprehension is the problem. There can be no communication with one who has a closed mind. I do not have the patience to take each newbie fundy through my synthesis one at a time. Start your reality reorientation here and then we can talk . . . if you understand any of it..

My Synthesis1

My Synthesis2

My Synthesis3

My Synthesis4

My Synthesis5
I have comprehended that I haven't read from what has been written any evidence pertaining to the corruption of the gospel from so called "fundamentalists." This is fact. Not a philosophical presentation on new age propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity