Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 09:40 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Happy? No, not even close. There was nothing happy about coming to the realization that the things I had been indoctrinated with were damaging on so many levels.
What can I say, - you were not happy then, and you are not happy now. Maybe you need to keep looking, because it does not sound like you found what you were looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 09:46 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,645,655 times
We are entering a time where we are going to be split into 2 categories

1) Humanists

2) Bible Faithful Christians

Look at the powers that run the world and what philosophy they hold. Look what they are doing. Look that they run our Universities, Media, and Political outlets amongst many others. Think about the inquisition, reformation, and how we are looking to repeat history. Look up the New Global Government that's on the horizon. With it comes a merging one world religion. Surprised?! It's all prophecy. The #1 thing these people would love you to do is disregard your Bible as it is your guide through these times.

The so called "enlightenment" is not something to be taken lightly by Christians or anyone. Just because someone says they're are a Christian doesn't make it so. According to the Bible, you can tell a Christian by their fruits.

We are heading into the darkest time of human history. Look into why.

I really don't get the two on here promoting the corrupted Bible propaganda. All I have to say is that we are all held accountable for the decisions we make. God tells us very clearly what happens to those that distort his word and lead people astray.

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Revelation 22:18,19

Old 04-16-2011, 09:53 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Lee just because someone knows the bible from cover to cover, can quote scripture from it at the drop of a hat and call himself a christian does not make him a believer. It's knowing Jesus Christ who the scriptures testify of, he is the life. Jesus purposely said in them "you think you eternal life",so we would know it's He who IS life and not the scriptures .

Old 04-16-2011, 09:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
We are entering a time where we are going to be split into 2 categories

1) Humanists

2) Bible Faithful Christians

Look at the powers that run the world and what philosophy they hold. Look what they are doing. Look that they run our Universities, Media, and Political outlets amongst many others. Think about the inquisition, reformation, and how we are looking to repeat history. Look up the New Global Government that's on the horizon. With it comes a merging one world religion. Surprised?! It's all prophecy. The #1 thing these people would love you to do is disregard your Bible as it is your guide through these times.

The so called "enlightenment" is not something to be taken lightly by Christians or anyone. Just because someone says they're are a Christian doesn't make it so. According to the Bible, you can tell a Christian by their fruits.

We are heading into the darkest time of human history. Look into why.

I really don't get the two on here promoting the corrupted Bible propaganda. All I have to say is that we are all held accountable for the decisions we make. God tells us very clearly what happens to those that distort his word and lead people astray.

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Revelation 22:18,19
The mission of the humanists is three fold:

1. Sell the feel-easy belief that hell does not exist and that everyone is going to heaven with or without faith
2. Smear Bible Faithful Christians and their beliefs by associating them with words like "evil" and "satanic"
3. Downplay the Bible with comments like 'it is just a book" and 'it is corrupted'

Yes, I agree we are heading into the darkest time of human history.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Winslow View Post
You are wrong that people are not ready for it.
They have been trained for it.
Do you think people can tell the difference between the second coming and the anti christ setting up his kingdom?
I think this is a point Mystic is making.
That people are part of an antichrist movement while claiming to be christian.
And it sure appears to be happening.
Guess what?
People think I am a fundamentalist also.
Most people are Bible nowadays are Bible illiterate. We've been taught since ~1963 to abandon the Bible. Large institutions such as Catholicism have greatly reduced the significance of studying the Bible. Other denominations have fallen suit. All one has to do is look around at the churches, see their teaching, their views on the Bible, and make an accurate assertion people that live by their Bible are the extreme minority.

The fact you claimed that the so labeled "fundamentalists" are conjuring spirits via occultic activities demonstrates the ignorance you've portrayed toward this group. If you read the Bible, you'd notice that anything occultic/pagan/necromansing/sorcery/witchcraft/fortune telling/spirit conjuring etc etc are clearly forbidden. Any one that practices these things are not living by the Bible. No matter what they call themselves. You can tell a Christian by their fruits. If I walked into a home for prayer and they were doing these things, I would run not walk away.

I think it's clear you two are either misinformed, deceived, or have an agenda.

Last edited by Mikelee81; 04-16-2011 at 10:20 AM..

Old 04-16-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Lee just because someone knows the bible from cover to cover, can quote scripture from it at the drop of a hat and call himself a christian does not make him a believer. It's knowing Jesus Christ who the scriptures testify of, he is the life. Jesus purposely said in them "you think you eternal life",so we would know it's He who IS life and not the scriptures .
I agree. We are to know and understand the scriptures. Jesus quotes from the scriptures. When he denies Satan's temptations he quotes scripture. We are to use the scriptures as the guide (not a guide.) We are commanded in Ephesians 6 to put on the whole armor of God. It is our responsibility to know the scriptures to identify false doctrine.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:17 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,414,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What can I say, - you were not happy then, and you are not happy now. Maybe you need to keep looking, because it does not sound like you found what you were looking for.

Finn, the way you continually misrepresent what others say isn't conducive to having anything resembling a real discussion with you. I have to assume that's the way you want it.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:18 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,772,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If there was ever any doubt about the deceitfulness and cleverness of Satan . . . the impact (after the death of Jesus and His apostles) on the Christians and subsequent followers for 2000+ years should remove any doubt. The satanic corruption of Christ's message of "love God and each other" has produced several spiritually fatal misdirects that have achieved mainstream acceptance and minimized Christ's real impact on humanity. The greatest corruption has occurred within the Fundamentalist churches. The fundamentalist beliefs of Christianity have accepted as Gospel the following destructive psychological concepts . . . undoing Christ's work on the cross:

1. They lower the self-esteem of humans as unworthy "filthy rags" (psychologically this is the single most devastating and unhealthy state of mind possible)

2. They misdirect our focus to intellectual acknowledgment of specific beliefs instead of an inner change of attitude and behavior to that of Christ's love toward life and our fellow beings (psychologically this is the easy road . . . no real responsibility except to profess belief IN Jesus).

3. They perpetuate a fear motive for failure to profess belief and make our loving Father a "Godfather" making us an offer we can't refuse (psychologically this corrupts any genuine feelings of "love for God" because fear and love are completely incompatible. It also reinforces our worthlessness by feeling we don't deserve any better treatment anyway. Classic abuse syndrome.)

4. They divide us into chosen and unchosen based on our proclamations of belief and spiritually conquer and destroy Christ's desired unity by dissension and strife over specifics of professed belief . . . nullifying the "love each other" commandment (psychologically this divide and conquer approach has effectively invoked human hubris and prideful defenses of each provincial set of preferred beliefs rendering the main message of "love God and each other" ineffective.)

5. They provoke authoritarian, judgmental and dictatorial attitudes toward our fellow human beings usurping the personal responsibility we each have in our direct relationship with God. It treats God as impotent and needing OUR actions to enforce His commandments (psychologically this eliminates any sense of personal responsibility to God and supplants it with concern over sanctions imposed by our fellow human beings).

6. They perpetuate belief in superstition and magic while denigrating knowledge and understanding undermining the spiritual maturity essential to our successful rebirth as Spirit upon our death (psychologically this fosters unrealistic fantasizing and imaginings corrupting our state of mind toward God, life and each other).

7. They promote fables as reality in the face of scientific knowledge to the contrary which undermines our intellectual development and understanding of our world (psychologically this predisposes us to follow and believe any absurdity or abomination without subjecting it to critical reason or rationality)

8. They corrupt the required compassion and mercy Jesus taught by limiting it to those who "deserve" it under their rules and beliefs (psychologically this effectively nullifies any real compassion or mercy and limits it to only those who are subjugated to specific proclamations of belief . . . essentially extortion).

I cannot think of a more effective method to nullify Christ's message and example of God's love for us all . . . than to promulgate these corruptions within the very church He founded . . . as mainstream beliefs to be defended and protected from any reason and logic.
Hey mystic, even the Universalists are hating us now. Must be doing something right!

Old 04-16-2011, 10:21 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Hey mystic, even the Universalists are hating us now. Must be doing something right!

Old 04-16-2011, 10:35 AM

63,929 posts, read 40,194,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
I agree. We are to know and understand the scriptures. Jesus quotes from the scriptures. When he denies Satan's temptations he quotes scripture. We are to use the scriptures as the guide (not a guide.) We are commanded in Ephesians 6 to put on the whole armor of God. It is our responsibility to know the scriptures to identify false doctrine.
Why then . . do you conveniently ignore those times Jesus says . . . "You have been told . . . but I SAY . . .? Were the scriptures temporarily in error?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity