Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 10:37 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
I agree. We are to know and understand the scriptures. Jesus quotes from the scriptures. When he denies Satan's temptations he quotes scripture. We are to use the scriptures as the guide (not a guide.) We are commanded in Ephesians 6 to put on the whole armor of God. It is our responsibility to know the scriptures to identify false doctrine.
Yes Jesus did quote from the scripture, but His Father was the source.

Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. John 5:19

What was Jesus doing what he saw his Father doing ?

how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him

Now if fundamental christianity is to be believed,what God is actually doing, is creating earthquakes,tsunami's and all the other destructive things he's blamed for.

You and I have the same Father and i will tell you with certainty that death and destruction is not what he's showing me,what he is showing me is a world that is lost, that he loves and proved it by laying down his life for it, not counting the peoples sin against them, a world that he's called me to go to as an ambassador of this message of reconcilation. 2 Cor 5:19
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 10:39 AM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Finn, the way you continually misrepresent what others say isn't conducive to having anything resembling a real discussion with you. I have to assume that's the way you want it.
Finn, Cyber and the other fundies feel they have a mission to defeat what they perceive to be satanic forces. They deliberately misrepresent believing the ends justify their means. This is the final battle after all (in their minds). Sad . . . very sad.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:43 AM

85 posts, read 121,962 times
You mention feel easy beliefs.
People have told others that Jesus was beaten and murdered on their behalf to pay a debt they would otherwise owe.
How do you think it makes most people act?
Many I see strut around with an authoritive view over others.
Some even beleiving they are beyond reproach.
For someone else payed the price.
Then there is those that use the bible but could not possibly beleive it because it is so obvious they could not because of the way they act.
Look at what some churches have protected.
Child abuse for one thing.
They committ evil and then confess what they did to another evil doer and well the book says to them they are forgiven.
And off to another evil deed.
And you think that is not satanic corruption.
All you have to do is form a commitee.
Have a way to gather funds and poof in comes corruption.
Always has and always will.
The bible is no exception.
But you do need to give it exception to be accepted by the religion.
So you do.
So you have.
And so lost you have become.
Chances are you may have balways been lost but now you are found.
Found and bound by a book like a rook.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rook_(bird)

"In captivity, when confronted with problems, rooks have recently been documented as one of multiple species of bird capable of tool use to obtain a goal. They learned that if they push a stone off a ledge into a tube, they will get food."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The mission of the humanists is three fold:

1. Sell the feel-easy belief that hell does not exist and that everyone is going to heaven with or without faith
2. Smear Bible Faithful Christians and their beliefs by associating them with words like "evil" and "satanic"
3. Downplay the Bible with comments like 'it is just a book" and 'it is corrupted'

Yes, I agree we are heading into the darkest time of human history.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:47 AM

85 posts, read 121,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Finn, Cyber and the other fundies feel they have a mission to defeat what they perceive to be satanic forces. They deliberately misrepresent believing the ends justify their means. This is the final battle after all (in their minds). Sad . . . very sad.
They no not what they do.
They were trained.
The training can be very affective.As we see.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:47 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Winslow View Post
You mention feel easy beliefs.
People have told others that Jesus was beaten and murdered on their behalf to pay a debt they would otherwise owe.
How do you think it makes most people act?
Many I see strut around with an authoritive view over others.
Some even beleiving they are beyond reproach.
For someone else payed the price.
Then there is those that use the bible but could not possibly beleive it because it is so obvious they could not because of the way they act.
They committ evil and then confess what they did to another evil doer and well the book says to them they are forgiven.
All you have to do is form a commitee.
Have a way to gather funds and poof in comes corruption.
Always has and always will.
The bible is no exception.
But you do need to give it exception to be accepted by the religion.
So you do.
So you have.
And so lost you have become.
Chances are you may have balways been lost but now you are found.
Found and bound by a book like a rook.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rook_(bird)

"In captivity, when confronted with problems, rooks have recently been documented as one of multiple species of bird capable of tool use to obtain a goal. They learned that if they push a stone off a ledge into a tube, they will get food."
Good post Winslow

It's far more easier for the carnal mind to believe God hates sin and sinners, that all who he hates end up in eternal torment, because our alienated mind,natural believes this is how God is. It takes God given faith to believe that Jesus Christ loves us at our worst.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
They were trained.
The training can be very affective.
An aggregate response to internal and external stimuli.
U
ntil the conditioned stimulus in and of itself is sufficient to elicit the behavior.
Much like the "bell" that sends the fighters' into the ring.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:47 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
You hear of a catholic priest committing a crime and you use that to slam Christians in general? That's the spirit we see here every day, which is exactly what I have been saying about the sign of times. People go to no end to build a case against Christians, and their beliefs.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-16-2011 at 02:00 PM..

Old 04-16-2011, 02:51 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
They were trained.
The training can be very affective.As we see.
You know this old excuse is getting old. Ever stop to think that Jesus may be the one who trains the faithful?

Old 04-16-2011, 03:08 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But you are ignoring your HEART where God has "written His Truth" so we would not need teachers. You have been told in the "precepts and doctrines of men" that you cannot trust what is in your heart. That is NOT true IF YOU ARE SINCERE in asking. If you are trying to justify your sin or any other carnal motivation . . of course you are not sincere and will only deceive yourself. But you are already deceiving yourself with man-made rationalizations to cover what your heart knows is evil in and of itself . . . just because our ancient ancestors say God did it or ordered it or whatever!. Sad!
Crocadile tears. I am ignoring nothing, the heart is decetful but yes He has written the truth on the hearts of believers while all others follow after deceit. Precepts and doctrines of men? No, the truth of God which you ignore and attack. There is no justification for sin only forgiveness to those who repent.

This is where you are greatly deceived, you call our ancestors primative, uneducated, and a plithura of other insults to justify your rejection. Adam and Eve had access to all knowledge, mankind hasnt gotten smarter but dumber, look at archeology and science there is no knew knowledge just recycled old knowledge in a perverse way. You are so focused on knowledge you miss out on wisdom even when it is smacking you in the face.

Perhaps it is I who should cry for all the knowledge wasted for lack of wisdom.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:29 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You know this old excuse is getting old. Ever stop to think that Jesus may be the one who trains the faithful?
Yep, trained by the Holy Spirit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity