Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2011, 09:36 AM

130 posts, read 164,495 times

Advertisements

Great verna, it will be interesting to see about the other two for me,

A Sabbath Days Journey from mount olivet to Jerusalem, God went to heaven on the Sabbath (Sunday to Sunday 5 times is 35 days, then 5 more days from Sunday is Friday or a total of 40 days from the resurection)

We do not kindle fire or pick up sticks, but we can eat off the tree if hungry

We do not buy sell or trade or work or have others or family that do, we rest

We get things ready before and just eat and rest listen to music read the bible, I prayed and prayed to ask how far to go, if someone needs help help them, emergencies go to the hospital or light a fire

He took me over and wouldn't let me turn on lights, kindling fire he said, I could open the fridge, listen to the radio, use ac and heat, but no cooking or lights or shopping or traveling, walking a bit with in a few miles, is a car kindling fire?

And what about working six days to

retirement and living it up at the end of the world

And in the fourth commandment is a reward, in 6 days God created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them, so interestingly Haley for some reason didn't think the earth was part of creation, But everything we normally see in this universe is about 6300 years old only 6 days apart the first ones of course and it is clear you can follow from Genesis and Adam to Ezra to get the date of creation, we are at about 6287 years old they do some rounding of months, but it is simple math.

Oh diamonds, you know Jacob was 84 years old when he had four young virgin girls two sister cousins funny, he was old, got them at the same time, I wonder given the law is not abolished, can a Christian who is not an elder, deacon or bishop have David or Solomons life, is there really a place in the NT that says you can not have more than one wife or just have your own wife, not some elses or fornicating. Funny David was not in adultery having more that one wife, got two at the same time, I mean Jacob a sinner, four young virgins at the same time Solomon a sinner in Song of Songs with 60 queens, 80 other wives and virgins without number not sin, God is funny they loved Him these are the strongest Christians on the planet, Abraham, Moses, Gideon not sin, people think things

Do we drink, water into wine and the Lord's Supper using red wine and we can't drink that it is sin, oh the things being blind does to you,

You know the Lord's Supper is a meal with unleavened bread, red wine, not goat or sheep for God was our lamb you eat it together and enjoy the wine at the meal as they did, I guess maybe Jesus was drinking

You see when you Love the Truth you get rewards, Lot you know his daughters were not sinning, how do your two daughters who God spared and scared out of their skulls be wrong, think what they had to do to him to get what they did done, boy they worked at it, and they both got pregnant in one shot back to back, lot was married really to his own daughters, God was in it they were all righteous the only ones, they were the ones that survived

You think Tamar dresses up as a harlot, but she is pinned, she is a righteous woman and Judah is wicked and she does this to get pregnant for she has to pass on the line

Rahab lied to protect the spies, oh how people do not see, God says it was good to lie in certian times, oh how the devil works all of us and we fight to Love Him and get to Him and Him to us through this war, If we do not read study and obey in a room long hours loving Him and His Word looking for diamonds and rubies Him Wisdom, better than money or things our husband

we are his wife and a marrage supper not married to each other but to Him, It makes you want to ask Him,

husband, wife, marriage supper, everywhere here then you got something after the supper and you got to Ask I know it says certian thing, but you got to ask Him, no sex ever in eternity I wonder if He is hiding something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 09:47 AM

143 posts, read 365,865 times
Well I'm glad you cleared that one up

Old 04-16-2011, 02:01 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Thank you P.T.

As a child of the Living God covered under His grace...it (His grace) is sufficient for me. Only He knows the heart of the matter...and the motive of it.

Here the prophet Isaiah gives us further instructions on how
the Sabbath must be observed ...

"If you turn back your foot from the sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day, and call the sabbath a delight and the holy day of the LORD honorable; if you honor it, not going your own ways, or seeking your own pleasure, or talking idly;

then you shall take delight in the LORD, and I will make you ride upon the heights of the earth; I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, for the mouth of the LORD has spoken." Isa 58:13-14 (RSV)

Jesus was guiltless because His works were acts of mercy and were freely given. The priests were guiltless because their works were to serve God. The Sabbath Commandment forbids secular work on the seventh day for all men. "The sabbath was made for man"

I rest in knowing that He knows.

Amen...and Amen.

God bless you,
Verna.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:22 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Anyone who wants to honor sabbath that's cool, but but it is just a personal choise, not a Biblical requirement.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:36 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Anyone who wants to honor sabbath that's cool, but but it is just a personal choise, not a Biblical requirement.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.
You do not even know what his passage means Finn_Jarber to be quoting it and teaching it to prove that what you belive that is not true to be true. You should stop. God's Word does not contradict Himself. Impossible.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day

Hebrews 9:10 since they relate only to food and drink and various washings, regulations for the body imposed until a time of reformation.

And this is saying not to let anyone judge me as a Sabbath Keeper who keeps the Sabbath...for I belong to God.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
You do not even know what his passage means Finn_Jarber to be quoting it and teaching it to prove that what you belive that is not true to be true. You should stop. God's Word does not contradict Himself. Impossible.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day

Hebrews 9:10 since they relate only to food and drink and various washings, regulations for the body imposed until a time of reformation.

And this is saying not to let anyone judge me as a Sabbath Keeper who keeps the Sabbath...for I belong to God.
There is not contradiction. There is nothing wrong in honoring sabbath, just like there is nothing wrong in not observing it. Paul somtimes observed Sabbath when he was with Jews so that it would be easier to reach them, but it was only to win them over.

“For though I am free from all men, yet I have made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. And to the Jews I became a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law (the Jews), as under the law, that I might win those under the law . To those who are without a law (not being without a law toward god but under the law toward Christ) I might win those who are without law; to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.”

Gal. 3:23-25 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:02 PM

130 posts, read 164,495 times
Matthew 24 Middle of tribulaion, not yet happened, church gone elect on earth
15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

16Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah to come View Post
Matthew 24 Middle of tribulaion, not yet happened, church gone elect on earth
15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

16Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Are you Jewish? Even if you are not, you can still observe sabbath, as there is nothing in the Bible saying that a Christian should not. There is nothing wrong with it. My point is that it is not a requirement for Christians, and neither are journeys in the winter. What you quote is about a practical matter, not a mater of obeying a law.

Although KJV says 'sabbath day', the Greek text does not, and most believe the sabbath here is in reference to sabbath year, and simply because it is a bad time to make s long journey since there are no fruits in the trees, and people's provisions around the land would be too low to support travellers. And even if it meant sabbath day, it is still only about the practicality of the journey in question, as travel on a sabbath would raise quarrels among the Jews. The whole thing is about a 'flight', and even the Jewish law allows the breaking of the sabbath if life is in danger, but you can count on some to argue about the technicalities.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-17-2011 at 07:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity