Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2017, 01:07 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Tony Cubed, DO we not believe the words of the LORD?

And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the LORD has said, even among the survivors whom the LORD calls.

If we believe it in our HEART and if we commit to CHRIST in our SOUL, are we not still and always ONE with the LORD?

All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.
Have you come to God?

You converted to the respect of God's commandments and his worship system? There has always been two kingdoms that look just alike, one is the kingdom of God where Jerusalem is the only true Holy city of God, and this Jerusalem has 7 feasts about the Messiah of Jerusalem. These feasts were given to all people to experience Passover by leaving the ways of the world, namely, the feasts of the world by leaving Egypt and it's ways with the golden calf or whatever Pagan thing they did. The came up to the mountain of God where they experienced Pentecost by recieving the law and saying,'' I will,'' as the law betrothed Israel to God through Pentecost.

All people are called to leave Egypt by leaving the ways of the world and so a time came when Gentiles were also called to come and convert to the Jewish ways, the ways of God he has appointed for his people to keep. We know the brethren because we see those who love the law.

Those scriptures you are reading in the New Testament were given to converts of Judaism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 01:13 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,213,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Have you come to God?

You converted to the respect of God's commandments and his worship system? There has always been two kingdoms that look just alike, one is the kingdom of God where Jerusalem is the only true Holy city of God, and this Jerusalem has 7 feasts about the Messiah of Jerusalem. These feasts were given to all people to experience Passover by leaving the ways of the world, namely, the feasts of the world by leaving Egypt and it's ways with the golden calf or whatever Pagan thing they did. The came up to the mountain of God where they experienced Pentecost by recieving the law and saying,'' I will,'' as the law betrothed Israel to God through Pentecost.

All people are called to leave Egypt by leaving the ways of the world and so a time came when Gentiles were also called to come and convert to the Jewish ways, the ways of God he has appointed for his people to keep. We know the brethren because we see those who love the law.

Those scriptures you are reading in the New Testament were given to converts of Judaism.
So when Jesus was talking about always being with us, he did not mean EVERYONE?? That seems rather discriminatory huh?

Why would Jesus not mention this fact that it was ONLY for JEWS? Was Jesus just blowing SMOKE?

Old 01-05-2017, 01:45 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I believe the separating of the sheep and goats occurs during the tribulation. After the first resurrection--the little flock( Luke 12:32)= the bride of Christ= 144,000( Rev 14:3) get bought from the earth to a heavenly hope--no others go to heaven. During the trib--the remaining little flock on earth get changed in the twinkling of an eye( never taste death) the 144,000 are then complete and the separating begins. Those will sit on thrones beside Jesus helping him, separate and judge. When the trib is over-Har-mageddon begins. Then Gods kingdom rule forever.
I believe this is an inner experience that all must go through. Every person has a sheep and a goat within, an old nature and a new nature. It is all happening within each of us. I'm not saying there will not be any outer and larger manifestation of separating of the nations, but the scriptures have layers of meaning.

I also believe there is a gentile and a Jew inside all of us.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:42 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,726,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Romans 10:13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Acts 2:21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved

Matt 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Thoughts?
there is two judgements man must get through to make it to the Fathers KINGDOM we call Heaven . the Lords kingdom is the 1000 years and you just need to bend your knee and not much else is required, you can wear his BVD's and everything and you get 1000 years gift for any amount of submission ..
but not everyone is invited to the last age to live with the Father, that is where the biggest rewards for service well done is rewarded .
some only bowed their knee and never anything more so only get the last 1000 years .

even submit to him for 2hours even just before he destroys you and you can get 1000 years more life where everything is like pre fall. a fig tree and pond and not have to work for 1000 years and in your gardens the harvester will catch the sower of seeds . no hunger for 1000 years .
what a nearly free gift to anyone. just bend the dang knee instead of go to war with him or to continue to make it all about all their feeeeeelings or worse their "Logic " might tell them.

that is all it takes to get 1000 years is bend your knee , and treaty with him while there is a chance .

the Father's kingdom takes Faithfulness and holiness because the Father is Holy and yes you have to do more than just bend you knee. but just get into the 1000 reign and figure it all out in that age. it says many do it that way .

Old 01-05-2017, 05:26 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,994,546 times
Quote:

Matt 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Thoughts?
Saying Lord Lord is not the same as calling on he name of the Lord. If you go back to the context, you will find they they were claiming to have been working for Jesus ,but were lying.

Old 01-05-2017, 05:30 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,994,546 times
[quote=thrillobyte;44985718]I think Jesus was lying. Or more precisely, the numbskulls who wrote all this were putting words into Jesus' mouth. Remember, John was written 80-100 years after Jesus' crucifixion. How in hell did the writers of John have the slightest clue what he said, much less how were they able to write word-for-word 5 chapters of Jesus' discourse to the apostles at the Last Supper?

God insired them what to write and you have absolutely no evidence to support what you said.

Quote:
I know people who read all this and fall for it like a ton of bricks. I know an equal number of people who read it and say, "Oh, Harry Potter, wizard extraordinaire has a new rival." For one group it's God speaking; for another group it's the latest sci-fi novel, people who ask, "How could someone who wasn't even there a hundred years earlier know precisely the 3000-odd words Jesus spoke to his apostles?" This would explain, I suppose why Christians always pounce on "I have revealed your name ONLY to those you have given me." as a way to validate why they are the extra-special elite chosen of God over all of us poor lost slobs who don't deserve to sit at their banquet table.
How do you determine who is speaking? Let me guess. If it sounds good to you man said it. If it doesn't, then God said it.

Old 01-06-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So when Jesus was talking about always being with us, he did not mean EVERYONE?? That seems rather discriminatory huh?

Why would Jesus not mention this fact that it was ONLY for JEWS? Was Jesus just blowing SMOKE?
The book is written to converts of Judaism who have rejected the ways of the world and now they were being taught Torah. They accepted the 7 feasts of Christ and his 8th Holh day, and they kept these in truth and in spirit. Other people sit as a priest in their own temple and they change and alter the commandments of God as they see fit. They prove that they think they are above God because they can stand against God and everything that is called of God in his law.

The New Testament was written for the person who follows Jesus come what may, people who love the commandments of God and his worship system of 7 feasts and an 8th Holy 8th day.

Now people who are not in Judaism quote the New Testament as if they believed the same thing that those first brave gentiles believed. Being that following Jesus made you look like a Jew, it became very dangerous to look like a Jew after the Jewish war and gentiles were not so brave then, they were not willing to die for Jesus and so they left Judaism and seperated themselves from Jews and the commandments of God.

Those first blessed, righteous gentiles, so many went to their deaths because they would no longer keep the Saturnalia or any other Pagan Holy day or ritural.

Those first brave gentile converts were being taught the Torah, and they accepted Judaism, and Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for 100 years. Those first Gentiles loved the worship system of Christ.

But when folowing Christ gets you killed, you convert to something else.

Now people stand outside of Judaism standing in their own temple speaking against the commandments of God and everything that is called of God or that is worshipped, they prove that their word is above God because they render the commandments of God useless and they make up their own, and from that very throne, they quote the New Testament which was written to converts of Judaism as if it were writen to them.

Old 01-06-2017, 12:30 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,473 times
Quote:

Thoughts?

The real Jesus, not the fake one.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Saying Lord Lord is not the same as calling on he name of the Lord. If you go back to the context, you will find they they were claiming to have been working for Jesus ,but were lying.
Jesus called them law breakers which are called workers of iniquity, they didn't know what the Passover lamb was because they didn't know the comings and goings of the temple they claimdd to be. They didn't know about the Sukkot Bull or the appointed days of the master that is a servant is appointed to watch, they don't know Hashanah Rabba or Shemini Atzeret or the conditions of this day because they do not seek out things aboug Messiah, they dont seek to know the Torah cycle or any of the promises given for following Messiah in a path through his 7 feast days. 7 DAYS OF INSTRUCTION for the disciple and the instructions are tossed out the window and Jesus says,'' Who are you?''

To search out and to know one's beloved bridegroom is to search out the law and the days appointed to teach of a betrothal, of a marriage and a cosnummation, and then a wedding banquet but more than half the brides of this marriage do not know the appointed dah, and over half have no extra vessel filled with oil in order to light their way to the marriage chamber of the bride and groom where the wedding in consummated and they haven't even found the door until they have purchased the oil which leads them to the door.

They stand outside saying,'' open to us.''

Old 01-06-2017, 11:26 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Jesus called them law breakers which are called workers of iniquity, they didn't know what the Passover lamb was because they didn't know the comings and goings of the temple they claimdd to be. They didn't know about the Sukkot Bull or the appointed days of the master that is a servant is appointed to watch, they don't know Hashanah Rabba or Shemini Atzeret or the conditions of this day because they do not seek out things aboug Messiah, they dont seek to know the Torah cycle or any of the promises given for following Messiah in a path through his 7 feast days. 7 DAYS OF INSTRUCTION for the disciple and the instructions are tossed out the window and Jesus says,'' Who are you?''

To search out and to know one's beloved bridegroom is to search out the law and the days appointed to teach of a betrothal, of a marriage and a cosnummation, and then a wedding banquet but more than half the brides of this marriage do not know the appointed dah, and over half have no extra vessel filled with oil in order to light their way to the marriage chamber of the bride and groom where the wedding in consummated and they haven't even found the door until they have purchased the oil which leads them to the door.

They stand outside saying,'' open to us.''
I think this actually belongs in the Jewish forum. Jesus did not say anything about keeping feasts. Jesus' life and death was the fulfillment of the law. You seek to overthrow people's faith in the simplicity of the message of Christ. You are a Jewish proselytizer running loose in a Christian forum, that's all. You trust in your knowledge of the Old System that Christ came to fulfill in order to make a NEW WAY that included gentiles and no room for boasting. Without true humility, no one can stand in God's presence. Perhaps you should take up studying the Royal law of love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity