Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 05:28 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,327,220 times

Advertisements

Job 37:9 out of the south cometh the whirlwind and cold out of the north
Isaiah 21:1 like whirlwinds sweeping in waves through the Negeb.
Zechariah 9:14 And the Lord shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as lightning; and the Lord God shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with the whirlwind of the south.
The Seventh Trumpet.

Someone in a previous thread of mine wondered where it was written in the bible about tornadoes. Now you have your answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 12:40 AM

164 posts, read 263,908 times
And if we do not have a hurricane coming, and His Name is God Almighty Maker of Heaven and Earth

very scary that one

Arena in the valley

Old 04-29-2011, 03:01 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,338,763 times
Some people believe that the whirlwind in the book of Job is nothing other than the "whirlwind of confusion" caused by Job's "friends" who spoke nothing but condemnation and empty accusations.

Blessings,
brian

Old 04-29-2011, 04:19 AM

I find it worthy to speak of the Truth. A nuclear power plant shut down for days and an oil rig destroyed. God, the Father is telling mankind to move away from such destructive methods for creating energy. Among, other things! How man has lost faith and how man treats each other.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:44 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
It's amazing what we fundy's search the scriptures for, it's 66 books that testify of Jesus Christ who God anointed with the Holy Spirit and power, who went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him. and were looking to prove death and destruction is all down to God .Is your god really polar opposite in nature and character. Sigh.

Jesus Christ calms the storm. Jesus Christ came to save not to destroy.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:48 PM

Then I suggest you read Revelation

Old 04-29-2011, 07:01 PM

It is not so hard, you have a child, you love him, he does wrong, you correct, you say trust in God, put your faith in Him, he lies, you correct and love your child, he lies, you spank him, he stops a bit, and starts again, you restrict him and spank him harder, he doesn't want to do right or have God, you beg, you get others to talk to him, he says I am doing what I want, You really punish him, he stops for awhile even though his heart isn't in the good, he just doesn't want God or right, He goes to prison, you visit him, bring him food, he gets worse and takes up things, gets out, and goes to it again, back in prision, you visit, you visit him when he is out and try to help and care for him, then the day comes, someone kills him in prison, you cry and try to face you will never see him again.

What did I not do to my vineyard the Lord says, what more could I have done, God asks? God loves, he reaches out to everyone, he laid down His life, but then people push and push and then He has enough, even as humans do who love God with all their heart, we just can't stop all of you. But some we keep from going to that place, we preach and help and give and risk our lives. We show you another Way with Him, but it is being good and not many want it, want to be free to not submit to Him, don't want the Light, simple in a way, sinful life easy, holy life difficult.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
Then I suggest you read Revelation
I would suggest you try not taking everything literal. Do you really believe Jesus Christ when he said he came to save and not destroy, and that it's the devil that came to steal kill and destroy ?.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena valleygirl View Post
It is not so hard, you have a child, you love him, he does wrong, you correct, you say trust in God, put your faith in Him, he lies, you correct and love your child, he lies, you spank him, he stops a bit, and starts again, you restrict him and spank him harder, he doesn't want to do right or have God, you beg, you get others to talk to him, he says I am doing what I want, You really punish him, he stops for awhile even though his heart isn't in the good, he just doesn't want God or right, He goes to prison, you visit him, bring him food, he gets worse and takes up things, gets out, and goes to it again, back in prision, you visit, you visit him when he is out and try to help and care for him, then the day comes, someone kills him in prison, you cry and try to face you will never see him again.

What did I not do to my vineyard the Lord says, what more could I have done, God asks? God loves, he reaches out to everyone, he laid down His life, but then people push and push and then He has enough, even as humans do who love God with all their heart, we just can't stop all of you. But some we keep from going to that place, we preach and help and give and risk our lives. We show you another Way with Him, but it is being good and not many want it, want to be free to not submit to Him, don't want the Light, simple in a way, sinful life easy, holy life difficult.
Valleygirl... learning the only reason we believe in him in the first place is down to him,will help you put things in perspective,those who are not yet believing just haven't had their eyes opened yet, by the God who opened yours and mine.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:16 PM

pcamps, John the baptist didnt win popularity contests, he told the crowd they were a bunch of snakes, and he meant it and was speaking for God. We are in end times and things are far worse than when John preached, we call it like it is, and you know the reason those who love Him have to be forceful is that people don't get it is about HIM, that is why God sent all the prophets at the end of the OT and beginning of the NT John continues, and the apostles too to warn the kingdom of heaven is at hand, repent and believe the Gospel, the message is the same. Repent and turn to God, people don't see HIM, because they don't want HIM, or love the Truth.

arena
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity