U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 06:49 PM

4,401 posts, read 4,555,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
where do some of you people come from lol

YouTube - Dueling Banjos Deliverance
Rate this post positively

Old 04-29-2011, 08:23 PM

13,856 posts, read 24,924,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I could care how long the Catholic church was the purported predominate form of institutionalized Christianity, that does negate its non-Biblical, counterbiblical doctrine and practices. The Bible documents that throughout human history, there have been periods when there was only a tiny remnant that worshiped God in Spirit and Truth, yet His Word does not change as the standard. Jesus Himself said that narrow and straight is His way to salvation, and few will find it. That tells me that throughout world history, most people were not truly following Him.
Which Bible? And who compiled it. Who decided what got in the New Testament?

Old 04-29-2011, 08:36 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,153,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I could care how long the Catholic church was the purported predominate form of institutionalized Christianity, that does negate its non-Biblical, counterbiblical doctrine and practices. The Bible documents that throughout human history, there have been periods when there was only a tiny remnant that worshiped God in Spirit and Truth, yet His Word does not change as the standard. Jesus Himself said that narrow and straight is His way to salvation, and few will find it. That tells me that throughout world history, most people were not truly following Him.
I meant, I DONT care how long the Catholic Church was the purported church, it does NOT negate its non-Biblical doctrine and practices.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:46 AM

164 posts, read 244,839 times
Thomas R, you don't follow the book of John in the Catholic Bible, what about the second commandment, do not make any graven images and bow down to them? What about Romans in your Bible, It says in the last days they will forbid to marry 1 Timothy, Is that not in your bible too and to call no man father for we have One Father.

Does your Bible really teach that Mary never had children, Jesus's brothers and sisters who the Pharasees knew, what about Daniel, you got that in your Bible about the antichrist coming from Rome, the fourth and most diverse of all the beasts? And the antichrist doesn't like women and from Rome too, both in your Bible I think, Daniel 11. You got Revelation ch 17-18 in your bible about Rome. That isnt Iraq!

arena

Old 04-30-2011, 01:07 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,648,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena valleygirl View Post
Thomas R, you don't follow the book of John in the Catholic Bible, what about the second commandment, do not make any graven images and bow down to them? What about Romans in your Bible, It says in the last days they will forbid to marry 1 Timothy, Is that not in your bible too and to call no man father for we have One Father.

Does your Bible really teach that Mary never had children, Jesus's brothers and sisters who the Pharasees knew, what about Daniel, you got that in your Bible about the antichrist coming from Rome, the fourth and most diverse of all the beasts? And the antichrist doesn't like women and from Rome too, both in your Bible I think, Daniel 11. You got Revelation ch 17-18 in your bible about Rome. That isnt Iraq!

arena
You realize we don't forbid anybody from marrying.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:08 AM

1,493 posts, read 1,218,098 times
I'm not a big fan of conservative Protestant Christians constantly looking for reasons to yell conspiracy and exclude as many people as possible which is usually their mindset (speaking from my own experience as one). But if what the video says is true about the pope thinking its ok for Jews to not see Jesus as the Messiah and calling that equally valid, I think even the UR people here would have a problem with that. The funny thing is, the author of this video sounds like he is Catholic.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:11 PM

13,640 posts, read 23,165,157 times
This thread is now closed due to the many off topic and denominational bashing posts..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.