U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 09:41 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,254,317 times

Advertisements

Heartsong, being innocent is that they have washed their clothes with the blood of Christ. You are innocent in the eyes of God if you put faith and trust in Jesus Christ. And walked the talk. That is being innocent.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 09:43 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,254,317 times
I am not talking innocent of sin.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:33 AM

16,173 posts, read 11,682,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
While it is sad when a Christian dies because they are leaving their love ones here to mourn, it is great for the Christian believer because they have gone to perfect joy and bliss with God.
If that's so, one can only wonder why so many of them rush to hospital when they are seriously ill and eagerly lap up the medicines that those 'evil scientists' perfected. They can't wait to go to their 'paradise' yet cling so desperately to anything that will keep them here. I wonder why.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:04 AM

3,171 posts, read 4,069,371 times
While i didn't see the report in question it seems likely that the cnn reporter was using a very common figure of speech used all the time by people....including those who aren't particularly religious.

Most christians in my experiance don't believe that God micromanages the weather.I have been a bit taken aback since coming to this website about 5 years ago that apparently in the 21st century some people still do believe that God 'sends tornadoes,floods,and earthquakes to punish mankind'.....but i've never known anyone personally who did.

Internet forums don't give a very accurate overview of believers or non believers since a very large percentage of people who are interested in such forums are either very interested in promoting their view of religion or very anti-religion.Most believers and most atheists would rather talk about cars,football,food,or music.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:15 PM

25,288 posts, read 25,878,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowEyes View Post
I just have ask this question and it seems that this forum is the place to go for the answer. Please no double talk or bible quotes and all that other stuff that Christian do when asked a question which will prove their God as a fraud. I was watching CNN news tonight and John King whom I've heretofor admired for his tough questioning and interviewing techniques. But tonight he showed us some geomaps and pointed out a school facility in the path of the tornado and pointed out that the storm hit at about 5:30 pm and so he said, "thank God there were no children at the school". What? God destroyed several cities to include the present death toll at about 50 people and he's thanking the guy who did it (I believe it's called an act of God) for saving the childred? What is wrong with this picture? If your answer is to quote bible passages, don't bother, we've already heard them all. This is so unbelievable that it's impossible to ponder for a logical thinker.
I tend to think it was a tornado that was responsible for all of the devastation, and not God. I guess what's confusing to me is that it took a tornado to get you riled up. Far more than 50 people die worldwide every day from illnesses, accidents, murders, floods, tornados, huricanes, etc. What's the big deal with 50 dying in one incident? Death is a very individual thing. Why haven't I seen posts from you in the past asking why God doesn't allow people to live forever? Isn't that a more "logical" question (for a "logical thinker" like you, I mean)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity