U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 11:24 AM

25,082 posts, read 14,833,254 times

Advertisements

If u have hatred in your heart for someone or intense dislike or resentment toward another human being are u in a back-slidden state if you are a professing Christian?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 12:17 PM

14,076 posts, read 18,502,512 times
Yes, you are, if not still unsaved.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:14 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,563,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
If u have hatred in your heart for someone or intense dislike or resentment toward another human being are u in a back-slidden state if you are a professing Christian?
Yes.

This thread is going quite "unnoticed.."

Peace,
brian

Old 05-04-2011, 03:45 PM

13,625 posts, read 22,451,241 times
A lot of times we confuse what is hated about the person with hating the person..There are things I can hate about some persons, yet I can still love that person. I may hate the habitual lying or a drug use, but I still love the person.

Sometimes it is very hard to hate the sin but love the sinner unless is is someone very close to me..

I wouldn't call anyone a "backslidden" Christian..maybe one not fully grown yet

Old 05-04-2011, 03:49 PM

4,325 posts, read 5,457,152 times
Quote:
No. It means that is the condition of your soul. It doesn't matter if you are a professing christian, buddhist or monk. If you have any hatred or unkind thoughts or reactions, it means you need to work on your soul to become a better person. Always watch your thoughts and actions and remember to keep them positive. I used to lash out when I had been treated wrongly. I became a better person as I raised my soul condition and I constantly watch how I react to situations and I stay positive no matter what. You don't have to be a christian to be a great person. All it takes is self control. Be love to one another and enjoy the life you have because this is the only chance you get to experience being human.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:51 PM

7,508 posts, read 3,917,350 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "back-slidden" unless you mean "slowly falling away from the Truth". I don't think that any of these will disqualify you as a professing Christian unless there is NO growth then you may want to take great concern about it. If there is no sorrow for your sin, then I would be concern. Don't take my word for it but I believe so. A lot of times I experience and observe that Christians want to avoid these emotions. Yes, they can be dangerous if they get a hold of our foot, but I think we need to remember that we are human and these emotions are normal as well.

I can tell you rarely do people make me so angry that I hate them until 2 years ago. Long story short, I hated my ex-boss (not sure if that's what you call them) to the core of my soul. I told a friend of mine that I hate my boss so much that I would rejoice if he died. I know, insane and intense. Over time I learned to pray about it and really acknowledge that I was at fault too. I learn to forgive him over the years but it doesn't mean I will talk to him again. We both walk by as if we don't know each other. I can tell you that there is still a little resentment but I'm working on it.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:04 PM

45,303 posts, read 29,305,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
A lot of times we confuse what is hated about the person with hating the person..There are things I can hate about some persons, yet I can still love that person. I may hate the habitual lying or a drug use, but I still love the person.

Sometimes it is very hard to hate the sin but love the sinner unless is is someone very close to me..

I wouldn't call anyone a "backslidden" Christian..maybe one not fully grown yet
Amen. Miss Blue . . . insightful as always.Still can't rep you.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:17 PM

23,749 posts, read 24,129,216 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Yes, you are, if not still unsaved.
Uh... wait a sec. Your answer to sun queen's question didn't make a whole lot of sense, stillkit. Are you saying that once you are "saved," it's okay to have hatred in your heart for someone? Or did I misunderstand you completely?

Old 05-04-2011, 08:45 PM

14,076 posts, read 18,502,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Uh... wait a sec. Your answer to sun queen's question didn't make a whole lot of sense, stillkit. Are you saying that once you are "saved," it's okay to have hatred in your heart for someone? Or did I misunderstand you completely?

Yes, you misunderstood me completely. It is NOT alright to harbor hatred for someone in your heart, but it is possible for a believer to do so when they have slipped out of fellowship with the Spirit.

However, when a believer discovers he/she is entertaining hateful thoughts toward another person, I personally think it's a good idea to go back to the beginning of your relationship with Christ, re-read those scriptures about how to obtain salvation, and make sure you were genuinely saved in the first place. Why? Because hatred is NEVER a sign of the presence of the indwelling Holy Spirit, but the presence of the Spirit is ALWAYS a sign of true salvation.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:52 AM

25,082 posts, read 14,833,254 times
I am struggling with Christianity in general -NOT my faith or belief in God or the Bible. However, God is love, but I don't see so much love among the people I know who say they are Christians. I see hatred, bitterness, intense dislike, intolerance, indifference and resentment. I make the quality decision every day to love... I practice it, but I got a long way to go... I have intense dislike and resentments toward some. And that is when I begin to wonder if maybe I am a backslider... too far away from God to be right even though I practice love and seek peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or