Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 05:10 PM

672 posts, read 665,105 times

Advertisements

alabama:

Quote:
You indicated they were included in the all in Adam, of which all were said to be condemned. Or perhaps I didn't understand this statement of yours here:

"The condemnation here that came upon the elect"

Yes see post 66 I explained that..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 06:37 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
alabama:

Yes see post 66 I explained that..
It really won't help you to keep pointing back to your previous posts. You're really not addressing the scriptures, nor the comments I've made.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:39 PM

672 posts, read 665,105 times
alabama:

Quote:
It really won't help you to keep pointing back to your previous posts.
It may not help you, but the it already explained the your inquiry.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
alabama:

It may not help you, but the it already explained the your inquiry.
I'm sorry, but my foreign language skills are rusty, can you say that again for me...

Old 05-14-2011, 07:55 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,540,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
All the things you've listed above are, in-and-of-themselves good, and should be done. And, quite frankly, the things you've posted, you've actually not kept whole heartedly, Verna.

Pro 20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

Ecc 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

I'm not arguing against love for God, nor arguing against keeping whatever commandments Christ has commanded. However, as scripture tells us, if you are "working" within the law as such, (of which you cannot fulfill perfectly) Christ is of no real benefit to you.

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

What Paul is telling us in Rom 4:5, is that we who are unable to keep the law (and no one ever has kept the law or loved God the way they should, except Christ), yet we who believe in Christ who justifies the ungodly, are through faith imputed with His righteousness. And it is that righteousness that we need, Verna. Not our own righteousness, but His.

Let me ask you Verna. Are you imputed with Christ's righteousness?
Verna is not saying that one is justified by works but rather that works should follow the empowerment of the Holy Spirit by faith in Christ. It is written, "The Holy Spirit is given to those who obey." Your works will prove if you have been converted or not. Jesus said that "By their fruit you shall know them" and because of this in Revelation 20:13 "And they were judged, each one according to his work." because "faith without works is dead." It does not matter if one has one talent or ten talents in Christ but that you are faithful with what you have and are doing according to the talent/talents given you.. That will be the work that you will be judged by. Wither you work in the field one hour, half a day or a full day as the parable of Jesus puts it, all will be payed the same at the end of the day [judgment seat of Christ] but be sure, you must be in the field working as a good steward of the Lord when that Day comes. She has not said that works save her but that works will prove your Love. To repent means to know what God expects of you and then to receive His power to do it. Those who have come to Him "have been perfected forever" which means they have been given a heart that is moving forward in Christ even though we all fall short in perfectly doing all that we should because we are often times blind to our faults which are not deliberate and which can only be overcome through the maturity that comes through time. Daily we ought to pray forgive us our sins and to receive more power and the Glory [His righteousness] to move forward. Hence no man is perfect in all that he does but hopes in His mercy daily to get back up and to move forward. It is one thing to have hidden faults and quite another to deliberately sin. She herself says that she does the best that she can with the light given her. She herself knows like Saint Paul that she is not perfect but like Paul she trust in the light that grows brighter and brighter until that Day. I find it appalling that you all seem to just to want to argue, when by now you ought to know that that she is clearly speaking the Truth on this matter. It is written" Be careful that you do not bite and devourer one another." and that before the world! The name of Christ is enough evil spoken of because of all this hen pecking. May God lay shame on you and others for doing this to one another.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
May God lay shame on you and others for doing this to one another.
I love Verna, and I hope she knows that I would never think any ill will or malice towards her. If not, Verna I sincerely apologize to you if I've offended, as said here.

Though we differ on doctrinal issues, she is my sister in Christ, and I know that.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

It is absolutely true that works do not gain us any portion of the gift of our salvation...but good works are absolutely required of those who have recieved this precious gift by faith in Jesus Christ, through the Holy Spirit and the power thereof!...
How some people can so blatantly contradict themselves in so few words and believe themselves to be telling the truth even though they are obviously saying different things in the same breath that cannot possibly be true at the same time never ceases to amaze me ...

So works do not gain us salvation but you cannot be saved without works ... ?

Okay ... Next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity