Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 05:18 PM

27,914 posts, read 29,722,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
No worries, Kat. God will love us either way.
Actually, I can go along with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 05:39 PM

9,647 posts, read 1,168,806 times
Quote:
I don't make people believe in what I post on this forum. It's not my job to sway someone just because I believe differently. Our truths are our own. What I posted is based on what Jesus said in a message to our church member and I am merely reiterating. Water baptism won't hurt anyone if they choose to do it. Personally, I've never been baptised by water however, I have been baptist with the Holy Spirit.
Water baptism won't hurt anyone? How can you take the words of Jesus and treat them with such an indifferent attitude? Don't you believe Jesus when he says, "He who believes and is baptized will be saved?"

Your truth may be your own, but my truth is God's Word.

And did I read correctly that Jesus spoke directly to a member of your church. I hope you told your friend that Jesus only speaks to us through His Word today, and not to us personally. Everything we need to know about how to be saved and how to live a good christian life is written in the Bible. I'm afraid your friend is deceiving himself.

And may I ask how you know you were baptized with the Holy Spirit? Please read about Cornelius' conversion Acts 10. He was baptized with the HS and then in water.

Jesus was baptized in water. You don't think you need to follow His example?

Old 05-17-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, I didn't see the question 3 or 4 times now, katie. I don't believe it specifically says. You take that to mean that any Christian has the authority to baptize. I don't believe that is the case. From the very beginning, God has authorized certain individuals to be His spokesmen and certain individuals to perform certain functions. I will try to find some more specific references to support my belief. Meanwhile, I don't believe you have come up with anything scriptural to support your position either. Maybe you could work on that while I do the same.
I did give you scripture that shows all christians are priests. Therefore any christian can baptize. What title did Philip have other than Evangelist? There is more support for my view that any christian can baptize than your position which says the baptizer should be appointed or have a title. I still think you place too much emphasis on the baptizer. IMHO the baptizer plays no role in the baptism and has no part in the salvation of the person. All he/she would do is lower the body into and out of the water. The rest is the person who is being baptized calling on the name of the Lord and God doing His spiritual cleansing.

Katie

Old 05-17-2011, 06:04 PM

27,914 posts, read 29,722,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
I did give you scripture that shows all christians are priests. Therefore any christian can baptize. What title did Philip have other than Evangelist? There is more support for my view that any christian can baptize than your position which says the baptizer should be appointed or have a title. I still think you place too much emphasis on the baptizer. IMHO the baptizer plays no role in the baptism and has no part in the salvation of the person. All he/she would do is lower the body into and out of the water. The rest is the person who is being baptized calling on the name of the Lord and God doing His spiritual cleansing.

Katie
Was the verse you quoted 1 Peter 2:9, which states, "But ye are a chosen generation, aroyal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light..."? I can't recall seeing your answer before, so I'm not sure. This is generally the verse that people who believe as you do use to support their position.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
As I pointed out in my post, water baptism isn't necessary for salvation however, if it's something your religion teaches then by all means go for it. I'm not telling anyone not to do it, I was merely pointing out why Jesus did it. We have a few messages from Him and other Celestials pertaining to this. No worries. Just like Jesus, I'm only here to spread the love.

“It is enough. I have told you much of the Love of God. And you should understand that it is not that water of the river which purifies men. Why do you wash the outside of the cup? Don't you understand that the one who made the inside is also the one who made the outside?â€

When he saw our confused glances, our lack of comprehension, he continued: "The hypocrites wash clean the outside of the cup or dish, while within they are full of greed and self-indulgence. When you have to drink from a cup that is clean outside but dirty within, you feel disgust and get sick. Therefore, clean first what is within. The one who made our bodies has given us everything we need to become clean outwardly, and the one who made our souls, has also given us everything we need to become clean inside."

Read the rest here: Jesus and baptism by water. HR 19 Mar 2002

Celestials?

Old 05-17-2011, 06:11 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,002,928 times
Quote:
Water baptism won't hurt anyone? How can you take the words of Jesus and treat them with such an indifferent attitude? Don't you believe Jesus when he says, "He who believes and is baptized will be saved?"

Your truth may be your own, but my truth is God's Word.
Oh, I believe those words just not the way that you do. Jesus meant to be baptiszed with the Holy Spirit.

You should actualy write your own story and find your own truth and not believe what someone else tells you without doing your own research. Most people believe just for the sake of it and then when the time comes, they find that what they have believed all along is false. Find your truth because you'll never find all of God's truth's here on earth. Just man made ideas that pertain to God. Don't get me wrong, your bible has some good lessons but not all of it is true.

Quote:
And did I read correctly that Jesus spoke directly to a member of your church. I hope you told your friend that Jesus only speaks to us through His Word today, and not to us personally. Everything we need to know about how to be saved and how to live a good christian life is written in the Bible. I'm afraid your friend is deceiving himself.
Yes, yes He did. We have over 2500 messages from Jesus and the Apostles. That isn't counting the other Celestials. God created the universe and our souls in such a way that the ability to communicate with the spirit world is inate in all of us. We just have to be open to hear it. And yes, it is the real Jesus of Nazareth, Master of the Celestial Heavens. Jeshua ben Joseph. Your bible also tells you the same thing. To "listen to that still small voice" and that voice is God, a celestial or any person you wish to communicate with. And no, we don't communicate with low level spirits. We know the difference.

Quote:
And may I ask how you know you were baptized with the Holy Spirit? Please read about Cornelius' conversion Acts 10. He was baptized with the HS and then in water.
I've read the bible. Don't like it. I have been baptised with the Holy Spirit because I asked God for His Divine Love. The Holy Spirit brought that Love into my soul. There are quite a few of us that have had this experience so it is real and everlasting. It's the Key to the Kingdom of God. Try the experiment for yourself and see if the Holy Spirit brings this Love into your own soul. All it takes is honest and sincere prayer to our Father. Ask and ye shall receive.

Quote:
Jesus was baptized in water. You don't think you need to follow His example?
If you reread one of my posts, it explains why Jesus was baptised with water. He did it because that was what people did. He didn't come here to change things. He came to bring the good news that God is the Father of all and that Divine Love was once again available to all.

No. I do not worship any devils, demons or books. I worship God and God alone. He is our Father.

I know what your bible tells you about spirits but it also tells you to test them to see if they are of God. We have done that many times so we are quite sure of who we communicate with.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Celestials?
Those who have acquired sufficient amounts of Divine Love to reside in the Celestial Heavens. The only way to get there is asking for and receiving Divine Love, just as Jesus did while He was in Mary's womb and while He was on earth. How do you think He became sin free?

Old 05-17-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Was the verse you quoted 1 Peter 2:9, which states, "But ye are a chosen generation, aroyal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light..."? I can't recall seeing your answer before, so I'm not sure. This is generally the verse that people who believe as you do use to support their position.
Actually I gave you several. The one you quoted was probably one of them. Kat do you believe you are a priest? The Bible makes it pretty clear that all christians are priests.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Those who have acquired sufficient amounts of Divine Love to reside in the Celestial Heavens. The only way to get there is asking for and receiving Divine Love, just as Jesus did while He was in Mary's womb and while He was on earth. How do you think He became sin free?
This forum just keeps getting crazier by the minute!

Old 05-17-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
This forum just keeps getting crazier by the minute!
Yup, there's all kinds of God's children out here. Glad you could make it. We all have different colors and I'm glad you're showing yours. Makes the puzzle much prettier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity