Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 07:01 AM

63,803 posts, read 40,068,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
Well Mystic, an earthquake greater than any other since man has been on this earth, is some kinda earthquake. This quake will knock the earth off its current axis by 2 degrees. But, the bible tells us not to fear the things. Not to be shaken out of your mind. For those who believe in the words of Jesus Christ lives!
Hmmm . . . and where would the epicenter of this quake be that would achieve this shift in the entire planet's axis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 07:39 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
I thought we were supposed to be talking about the universe, not just earth. Yes, there will be a great earthquake at some point in time but that's part of all those things that are predicted but we probably won't see in our lifetime. I think what the OP is asking is what do WE think is going to happen to the Universe when everything is said and done and we're all new creatures how will we be able to enjoy everything that God has created.

I think that we will be able to take in and enjoy ALL of it, it's part of God's creation and He would want us to enjoy it. We will be surprised at how much there is to do and how easy it will be to planet and star hop. We just don't have a clue as to what it's going to be like.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:45 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Hmmm . . . and where would the epicenter of this quake be that would achieve this shift in the entire planet's axis?
That would technically be in the center of the Earth. I don't understand why your making fun of this when you believe in God. He said a worldwide earthquake will one day shake the Earth. Think about this. The Chile Earthquake and the recent earthquake from Japan changed the Earth's axis by some iches or whatever the hell it was. If a worldwide Earthquake happened, that was totally knock the Earth off it's axis.

Now I read from Abovetopsecret, in the prophecy or dream form, this asian man has a child that told him Jesus said his family was gonna die. He told everybody on the forum that his child kept saying his whole family was gonna die. But he (the child) would live. The child said "they" would take care of him. Now if I understand correctly, they must be the sons and daughters of God aka angels. The child told him that Earth would spin round and round. So he kept spining and spining his body to show his family how the Earth would be. Until he dropped on the floor. This whole entire ordeal corrosponds with the Bible and rapture of the Earth. Jesus tells us in the last days children would dream dreams of what's to come. The little kid had a dream about Jesus taking him, his family (who are unbelievers) are left behind, the worldwide earthquake occurs, his family perishes, and whatever whatever.

Things are really heating up. You need to be ready and get out of this "mocking" spirit like those Atheist have. There is no hope for most of them on this forum. The Bible says the ones who knew Jesus and fell away, it's almost impossible for them to come back to repentance. And I don't see these atheist turning to God anytime soon. Only the ones who grew up with atheist parents and beliefs have a chance. Now is the time for you to turn away from their kind of spirit and be ready for when the Lord returns. He's coming soon!

Old 05-16-2011, 08:28 AM

63,803 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
That would technically be in the center of the Earth. I don't understand why your making fun of this when you believe in God.
I am not making fun of anything but the delusions of Lionpainter that he is Jesus Christ and has some specific knowledge about the future.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:40 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,016 times
Default Earthquake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Who are the enemies of God? Who destroys life all the while screaming God is Great? Who corrupts God's word? Who destroys the earth for there riches? Who teaches to throw acid in a woman's face?

Old 05-16-2011, 08:40 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The universe will always be here. We will be able to visit many different planets and galaxies once we get to Heaven! We will be able to visit any place and anywhere we wish! Jesus says here

Ecclesiastes 11:9
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Matthew 7:8
For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Psalm 145:19
He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.

Matthew 6:21
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

I already told God in prayer there are several places planets I wished to visit once I get to Heaven. And I know I'm going to get to visit and study them once I get there like I always wished. That's why I feel so sad sometimes when I think about how many intelligent atheist out there who are scientist that could have expanded their scientific studies and seen and studied the universe like many have always wanted to. Just imagine the wondrous things they could see if they had just accepted the Lord as their savior. All their wildest scientific dreams would have came true in Heaven. But alas...You can only pray.
In re Allenk & Ilene, I wonder if our earthly desires will still be extant when we switch dimensions. in other words, what we treasure here on earth i.e. travel, delighting in seeing new things and places, tasting new foods and drinks, hearing new sounds, etc.--these are things that delight the five senses---things which I would guess go extinct after death and the new birth. I'd be nice to still possess them to a degree, but I wonder if our desires will turn wholly to the Lord and how we may please Him.

But I speculate that since He wastes nothing in His vast creation, my guess is that the galaxies will all become paradises to be governed by each of us. Perhaps when Jesus says, "In My Father's house are many mansions," maybe God's house is the universe since God inhabits every square inch of it. So we each get a galaxy upon which to build the biggest, baddest mansion in the universe.

But there go those earthly senses, again!

Old 05-16-2011, 08:46 AM

When you talk of the universe you must also understand that the earth is part of the universe. Thy Will will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:13 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
When you talk of the universe you must also understand that the earth is part of the universe. Thy Will will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Where is Heaven??????? And do you believe God resides there??????????

Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 AM

Heaven is all around you. And, yes God is all around you. From the earth to the farthest reaches of the universe, God lives. His Spirit is Great. How is it that recently an Air Bus plane who's engine caught on fire, and violent shaking occured, landed with all lives being saved. They prayed to God to save them. The stronger the vibrations became the louder they prayed. The Kingdom of God is being built upon the earth as we speak. Prophecies are being fulfilled. God walks among men! Revelation speaks to this.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
The universe as we know it will be destroyed. When the day occurs when a person see's the stars in the universe literally falling from their position Matthew 24:29, Mark 13:25
...you'll know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity