Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 11:59 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
“You can safely assume that you’ve created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott
And the evidence confirming this is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
"Don't spit in the wind of my law" - God
Was not long in coming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 03:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I agree. And what is stopping that....certianly not me.

I do care about the fact you accept a different understanding of what the truth is and so does God.
Most people agree that it's not because of uncaring entities that there are so many warning labels in a vehical today.

It's the same reason God warns about unbelief, certian life styles ect.
God produced these warning so that a person can get to home (heaven), that is why it's written in his word.

Tell me.... why would people would laugh (understandably so) if a person would ignore all the warnings and cautions of operating a vehical then yet is surprised when they fail but when it comes to God and his word, many people think just the opposite?
Like I said, Twin, you and I will never see eye to eye on a great many things. I know you see the Bible as the truth - I simply don't so your analogies don't mean much to me. There is no way for us to agree on this subject. At least we both like Batman, don't we?

Old 05-31-2011, 05:18 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Like I said, Twin, you and I will never see eye to eye on a great many things. I know you see the Bible as the truth - I simply don't so your analogies don't mean much to me. There is no way for us to agree on this subject. At least we both like Batman, don't we?

Old 05-31-2011, 05:25 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,039 times
I know men that only find other men attractive but since they are Christians they choose not to engage in any homosexuality behavior/activity. They have repented and I respect them for that.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:10 PM

Who doesnt like Batman?

Old 06-01-2011, 10:03 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
We have very different ideas of what it means to love and to hate. I'll leave it at that.
No, let's not leave it at that. What is love & hate to you?
Love to me is wanting & striving for what's best for someone... even if it involves temporarily pain.
Hate is passionate dislike.
From my posts, you'll see it's clear that I've shown love for people... and hate for harmful behavior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop
People ARE born gay - to say that all homosexuals have chosen to be gay is an outright lie.
Scientifically, it is a lie to claim that someone is born with gay preferences. Please provide proof that somebody has been born gay. You cannot! In all of the years of research, a "gay gene" has never been found!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDrop
Have I ever said that 2 penises fit together or that 2 vaginas fit together? ...It's not all about what "fits."
By implying that homosexuality (homo=same sexuality=sex) is natural, you imply that sex organs of 2 of the same sex are naturally meant to go together... when obviously they don't. I realize that homosexuals don't try to get their parts to fit together because it's a pointless cause... yet in trying alternative sex substitutes, they often cause harm... in STDs... & those who try anal sex (hetero or homo) can cause hemorrhoids, anal fissures, anorectal trauma & retained foreign bodies & creates high risk for anal cancer.
Quote:
I do not see homosexuals as saints. I see homosexuals as people - no greater or less than any other people. I base my opinions of people on who they are - not on their sexual orientation. Maybe this is something that you cannot understand.
Maybe you don't understand what love really is... LOVE is honestly searching for truth & for what is best, even when others want to "shoot the messenger."
How many times do I have to explain that I post this out of love? I don't want to see more death (2 friends have died of AIDS) nor any more sickness because of homosexual practices.
Quote:
It is obvious that you cannot see the condmenation in your posts.
Please enlighten me how posting medical advice, anatomy & USCDC statistics are condemning.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:38 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
“You can safely assume that you’ve created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott
And I say a big AMEN to that!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Jesus said; "LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF"...I don't remember him singling out those neighbors who aren't heterosexual. Just goes to show how JUDGEMENTAL AND HYPOCRITICAL most alleged Christians really are...their intolerant and bigoted behavior still astounds me today...and they don't know a single thing about the AGAPE LOVE they are supposed to have for their fellow man.

Perhaps one should really give this statment some thought: Christians are supposed to be in the world but not of the world...you should not be concerning yourselves about worldly issues.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:50 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
And I say a big AMEN to that!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Jesus said; "LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF"...I don't remember him singling out those neighbors who aren't heterosexual. Just goes to show how JUDGEMENTAL AND HYPOCRITICAL most alleged Christians really are...their intolerant and bigoted behavior still astounds me today...and they don't know a single thing about the AGAPE LOVE they are supposed to have for their fellow man.

Perhaps one should really give this statment some thought: Christians are supposed to be in the world but not of the world...you should not be concerning yourselves about worldly issues.
I agree that as we define God, we define ourselves & others & visa versa.
The greatest commandments given are to love God & others as ourselves.
So, I also agree that to judge others in a condemning way breaks that commandment & is hypocritical, since nobody's perfect.

Yet, I believe & it is written that "it is given us to judge between good & evil." I also believe that the world will become more corrupt when good people don't concern themselves with behavior that has been proved to often lead to harm & even death. Being in the world, not of the world doesn't mean we hide out in a cave. Jesus didn't. It means we let our spiritual side win over our worldly side. Real LOVE is wanting & striving for what is best in the big picture, not just what feels good temporarily.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:27 PM

Love the person. Hate the sin.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:45 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Love the person. Hate the sin.
Silly motto (and not Biblical anyway, came from Gandhi). You can't hate the homosexuality part of a gay person without hating the person. It would be like saying "I love black people, I just hate dark skin color". Makes no sense. Sexual orientation is an integral part of our make up, and arguably the most complicated aspect of human biology. You can't separate it from the person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity