Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2011, 04:24 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Excuse me if this has been addressed already but I didn't see it.
If it is 'homosexual behavior' that is a sin, is it a sin for a man to indulge in anal intercourse with a woman?
I would say yes that that would be a sin. Although I've heard some argue it's allowed as "foreplay" or "sexual play" as long as you don't do it often. That seems a bit bending/wishy-washy to me, but I don't know for certain it's untrue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 04:40 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
homosexuality is a sin.
I read the title and I can't help but coming back to your OP. Your statement is true, especially about the 'christians' that ain't got a fricking clue, as you don't.

I'm not gay, not even curious, my contact with other men is to shake hands, and beyond that is beyond my comfort level.

However, I know a number of gay men, have been in different organizations they also belong to, and conducted business with them, and the social events that are common such cookouts or covered dish suppers.

I don't allow ancient superstition to blind me to the rational response that these people have all the same desires and fears that you or I might, and merely want to make their own way in this world without interference from utterly stupid idiots.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:56 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,711 times
Asheville native: you are, of course, entitled to your opinion but it appears that you are the one that has no clue whatsoever. Ancient superstition? Don't think so Tim...superstition is not supported by historical, archeological evidence or anything else for that matter but the Bible has plenty of evidence to back it up. Do a little research and you'll find it. Stupid idiots? Don't think so in that regard either...actually, there are quite a lot of very smart people who are also Christians so that statment doesn't hold water either...sorry.

Contrary to popular belief, Christians don't hate gay people although that's what the gay community wants everyone to think. Actually, we hold to what the Bible says and that is that God hates all sin but loves the sinner in spite of. However, anyone who disagrees with the gay community and their stance is immediately labeled a bigot or hater. It shows just how far they will go to justify their behavior. Sad, very sad. But then, I don't expect that to change anytime soon. Nor do I expect that the rift between Christians and the worldy humanists will change either.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:17 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsylvanian1 View Post
This is my second time reviewing the report you've posted. It is a very easy read, and is actually more of a doctor's opinion of how Pediatricians should be prepared to deal with this issue.

What is/are the primary statement/s within this advice to pediatricians, or opinion of the general psychological climate, which cites a conclusive determination. The paper seems to do a little name dropping, but doesn't actually produce any statistical information or new findings of value.

The more I hear the terms choice -vs- inborn, the more I realize that only a few opposing arguments are being considered. There are those, including myself who believe that environment, not abuse exclusively, in addition to several other factors can influence sexual orientation, and as such, 'choice' would not be as applicable a term as predisposition. Because research takes funding, and funding is usually acquired through grants, from foundations who who approve proposals, it is understandable that there is little in the way of studies opposing the increasingly popular liberal mindset of the publlic, and the pro-homosexual theoretical adherence of the science community.

Predisposition, as opposed to 'Choice', would indicate that an individual has not necessarily chosen his or her orientation, but rather, has simply developed their orientation as a result of external vs internal factors. I would be the last person to say that someone simply decided to be 'homosexual'. This would completely eliminate any argument for causation.

You have presented several theories, pertaining to , Increased Fecundity, Hormonal influence, and I believe that a twin study may have been mentioned, none of which have been conclusive, and some of which can be logically dismissed as being unrepresentative of the population, (referring to Kinsey's pseudo-science), mentioned in at least one article you submitted.

If you would care to quote a key portion of this doctors write up, it would aid in knowing why it is so important, or a reference to a portion of a study you feel is critical to your argument, so that we might discuss its clinical merit on a logical basis, since the greater number of peer reviewed studies appear to be in your favor.
I wonder why nobody has answered back Pennsylvanian.
Maybe because there's nothing more to add regarding this! Well put, Pennsylvanian!

Old 06-05-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Excuse me if this has been addressed already but I didn't see it.
If it is 'homosexual behavior' that is a sin, is it a sin for a man to indulge in anal intercourse with a woman?
Yes, it's been answered, yet once again, I'll explain medical advice regarding anal sex applicable to all -heterosexual or homosexual... we all have anuses!

Anal intercourse causes
-hemorrhoids,
-anal fissures,
-anorectal trauma,
-retained foreign bodies, and
-creates high risk for anal cancer.

Among male homosexuals engaging in oral-to-anal contact, an extremely high rate of parasitic and other intestinal infections exists.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:28 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post

Contrary to popular belief, Christians don't hate gay people although that's what the gay community wants everyone to think.
I'm not buying that, for the simple reason the evidence proves otherwise.

Well you are going to have a real hard time sell that, because a great many do, and are very vocal about it. Remember Prop 8 in California? I have wittiness it right here in my home town where city council had a motion to provide employees in same sex relationships the same rights as heterosexual couples, primarily insurance options.

The parade of 'christians' with bibles in hand that spoke at the hearing (televised on local government channel) spewing the bile and hatred for their 3 minutes at the microphone was disgusting.

Asheville City Council: Same-sex RX | Asheville News | Mountain Xpress

Old 06-05-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsylvanian1 View Post
I believe that the issue never was, that people should not have a choice as to how they use their bodies, or, that behavior should be dictated. Among Christians, (not the liberal off-shoots, straining the definitions of divine and natural love), homosexuality is considered sin, but, as you've aptly put it, it is no worse in its definition as a moral or scriptural infraction, than any other. This makes the debate, using the bible as a reference, somewhat pointless, (in my opinion), primarily because spreading the 'good news', has little to do with identifying the sins of others, which logically results in strife, which is also sin.

In the many cases of individuals who have engaged in homosexuality, for whatever reason, who have subsequently repented of their sin, there is no need for debate, believing that it is the Spirit of God who leads them to repentance.

This reasoning, however, does not completely eliminate the value of discussion, provided it can be conducted with a degree of civility, so that science and psychology are never actually able to introduce theory as fact, thereby deceiving society, which in the cases of darwinism, and homosexuality, this has occurred. Discussions surrounding the existence of the spirit, the soul, the holy trinity, and a literal, eternal kingdom, can only be fully known by those whose lives have been touched by the one who came to witness of these things, Jesus Christ, and who gives better understanding of spiritual matters through the Holy Spirit.

Unbelief has never enlightened a person, nor has it ever contributed to their salvation, but it has frequently given place to philosophical reasoning, and the development of religions more suitable to the chosen lifestyles of those who reject the authority of scripture. There is great cause, especially in this time, to draw a line in the sand between truth, and, the messages of theory and philosophy, in order to combat the deluge of false assumptions which easily persuade the uninformed and unrepentant. It is true, sin is not categorized, but sexual sins which reach beyond the boundaries of private consentual behavior, into areas such as, governing policies, children's education, and traditional values, understandably give way to societal conflict.

John the Baptist, openly stated that Herod was an adulterer for lying with his brother's wife, which gave rise to a very small conspiracy to silence him. He was beheaded shortly afterward. Like John, the Christian exposes darkness without condemning those who are yet in darkness, realizing that the battle is not against flesh and blood. Though John's was the first voice to cry out in the wilderness, it certainly wasn't the last. Philosophies, off-shoots of Christianity, and scientific theory, which oppose scripture, will never effectively silence the Christian population of the world from speaking truth, and I applaud those who bravely and effectively expose the homosexual deception/agenda, that has overtaken this nation.
Articulately & clearly well put!

I also believe that spreading the good news is not about hypocritically condemning others for sins - we all sin. Good news, is true information that helps us. When there are lies, good news shed light on the lies, so people won't be deceived into believing harmful behavior is not harmful.
LOVE people, condemn harmful behavior.
Loving people involves wanting what's best for them, not pretending everything's peachy when they're about to hurt themselves, maybe even fatally.

Who wants anybody telling them what they're doing is harmful or bad?
I usually don't! Yet, there have been times, when someone showed they cared enough to let me know how I was screwing up, & showed me a better way.
If it weren't for people like this, I'd probably be dead now.

I hope those with homosexual preferences or those who support such, realize I post this information because I care & don't want to see unnecessary suffering, illness & death. I also don't want children lied to & taught such potentially harmful paths are not potentially harmful.

Quote:
At the National STD Prevention Conference on Wednesday, the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) released some astonishing data regarding rates of infection among MSM (Men who have Sex with Men). The data indicate that rates of HIV infection among gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM) are more than 44 times higher than rates among heterosexual men and more than 40 times higher than women. Rates of syphilis, an STD that can facilitate HIV infection and, if left untreated, may lead to sight loss and severe damage to the nervous system, are reported to be more than 46 times higher among gay men and other MSM than among heterosexual men

Last edited by SuperSoul; 06-05-2011 at 07:52 PM..

Old 06-05-2011, 08:43 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,711 times
Quote:
The parade of 'christians' with bibles in hand that spoke at the hearing (televised on local government channel) spewing the bile and hatred for their 3 minutes at the microphone was disgusting.
Well, the stuff coming from the gay rights groups is never pretty either. Matter of fact, the names I've been called simply for sharing the Gospel is pretty disgusting too, considering the Bible is all about salvation. But that's something I have come to expect and if that's what I have to put up with in sharing the Word of God, then so be it.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:00 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I would say yes that that would be a sin. Although I've heard some argue it's allowed as "foreplay" or "sexual play" as long as you don't do it often. That seems a bit bending/wishy-washy to me, but I don't know for certain it's untrue.
Where does the Bible call that a sin?

Old 06-05-2011, 09:02 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
I wonder why nobody has answered back Pennsylvanian.
Maybe because there's nothing more to add regarding this! Well put, Pennsylvanian!
Or maybe his arguments, like yours, are patently false and based on lies, and continuing to entertain such flagrant errors is a waste of time for those of us who don't like talking to walls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity