Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 09:11 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
NO!

We are NOT filthy rags to Him!

He created us. You may not realize this, but you insult the Creator when you say that we are filthy rags to Him.

Our actions are "filthy rags" when our actions are NOT motivated by love.
If you help someone, not out of love and compassion for that person, but with a selfish desire for a "future reward", THAT is "filthy rags". God knows your heart, knows your motives.

WE ourselves are NOT, I repeat, NOT filthy rags! But our actions can be deemed as such, depending on the condition and motivation of our heart.

We are beautiful beings created in the image of God. If we are filthy rags, then so is our Creator.

We are NOT filthy rags.

peace,
sparrow
I agree, we are made in the image of God.God loves us all. Yet it is written.. Yet in the bible it states we are like filty rags. In our sinful state and even if we think ourselves righteous

I agree with everything you said, we are made in the image of God. Yet in the bible it states we are like filty rags. In our sinful state and even if we think ourselves righteous

Filthy Rags In The Bible: Isaiah 64:6 - Gospel.com

Old 05-26-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So God leveled the playing field. No one is righteous. Not you, not me, not mother Theresa, not hitler... All his creation. Yet you kinda contradict your belief when you believe some who are not righteous go to "heaven" and some to "hell," don't you? It's confusing because if that's the case then the only difference between those in "heaven" and those in "hell" is whether or not that person DID something. That contradicts scripture:

2 Timothy 1:9 who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

Is love currency to God? God is Love, according to scripture... He gives Of himself that we may love others... I don't know why a god would NEED others to love him...especially if he IS love.

it wasn't a request from Jesus in the lords prayer, it was an affirmation. Look at the wording.
Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen.

The portion in bold is the salutation, not an "if" statement or a request. It affirms that Gods will IS done on earth just like it is in heaven.

Is God's will done on earth? Guess so!

IF his wisdom is indeed better that rubies... Shouldn't you have faith that his will IS done on earth as it is in heaven?

You have to read your bible more. No one is righteous till they accept Christ. Then they put on the righteousness of God.. there is no one righteous , no not one without Christ!. Everyone is a sinner. Doing good works gets one nowhere if one is not saved by the blood of Jesus.

We ask God for his will to be done. meaning that we pray we do the will of God everyday. Not everyone says the Lords prayer

The deciples wanted to know how to pray, This is the example that Jesus gave them. The lords prayer.

God's will , will be done when the new earth and heaven is . God said we will have a NEW HEAVEN AND NEW EARTH.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:28 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I agree, we are made in the image of God.God loves us all. Yet it is written.. Yet in the bible it states we are like filty rags. In our sinful state and even if we think ourselves righteous

I agree with everything you said, we are made in the image of God. Yet in the bible it states we are like filty rags. In our sinful state and even if we think ourselves righteous

No. You obviously do NOT agree with everything I have said.

Please read again what I have said.

We are NOT filthy rags.
Things we do out of selfish motives and NOT IN LOVE... THAT is what is "filthy rags".

When we do things out of LOVE, we are connecting with our Creator. The source of ALL love is GOD. God IS LOVE.

If our actions are motivated by LOVE... they are, in reality, (whether a person makes the connection consciously or not), motivated by God. God IS Love.

Something motivated by God is NOT a filthy rag.
Filthy rags are those things that are motivated by carnality: greed, pride, etc.

I really do hope you can break free from this thinking that your Creator sees you as a "filthy rag". It's very, very sad to me, when people believe that. It's such a horrible injustice, not only to the human mind, heart and spirit, but also it is an injustice that those things are being attributed to our Creator.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
We are NOT filthy rags.
There is no dignity in the wickedness of men, whether in purple linen or rags; and hellfire is the ideology of the accuser, full of adversity.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
No. You obviously do NOT agree with everything I have said.

Please read again what I have said.

We are NOT filthy rags.
Things we do out of selfish motives and NOT IN LOVE... THAT is what is "filthy rags".

When we do things out of LOVE, we are connecting with our Creator. The source of ALL love is GOD. God IS LOVE.

If our actions are motivated by LOVE... they are, in reality, (whether a person makes the connection consciously or not), motivated by God. God IS Love.

Something motivated by God is NOT a filthy rag.
Filthy rags are those things that are motivated by carnality: greed, pride, etc.

I really do hope you can break free from this thinking that your Creator sees you as a "filthy rag". It's very, very sad to me, when people believe that. It's such a horrible injustice, not only to human mind, but also contributing those things to our Creator.
You are not hearing me. Read the link.

I didn't say it. God's word says it.. God is an even and just God. We are like filty rags to his holiness. I am not offended to be a filty rag next to the awesome spirit who created me.I am humbled. I am thankful to God for all that I am. For every bird singing, every beautiful sunset I see I am his . Yes , God can be so much greater than I and I don't mind. Again read the link . Why does the word of God offend you?

Old 05-26-2011, 09:38 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:

Ah Taratova, (I like that btw) we are made in the image of God and what you are reading is from the OT.......makes a difference. You must focus on the NT and Jesus' teachings.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:41 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:

I didn't say it. God's word says it.. God is an even and just God. We are like filty rags to his holiness. I am not offended to be a filty rag next to the awesome spirit who created me.I am humbled. I am thankful to God for all that I am. For every bird singing, every beautiful sunset I see I am his . Yes , God can be so much greater than I and I don't mind. Again read the link . Why does the word of God offend you?

*sigh*

God does not offend me.

I am not sure what you are reading into my words.
I must go now, will be back later, perhaps I can word this in a way that you will understand.

peace,
sparrow

Old 05-26-2011, 09:42 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:

Taratova, children and adults who have been abused and neglected (and there are many around the world) do not need to be told they are nothing but filth and deserve to be set on fire for eternity by a God who supposedly loves them.

Love never hurts. It heals. And there are millions, billions who have never known agape love. Never. I'm glad you are so happy to hear the birds singing and I'm glad you are uplifted by a beautiful sunset, but step out of your shoes for a moment. Maybe a terrifying moment.

Jesus said, "you have heard it said, but I say...."

Old 05-26-2011, 09:49 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Taratova, children and adults who have been abused and neglected (and there are many around the world) do not need to be told they are nothing but filth and deserve to be set on fire for eternity by a God who supposedly loves them.

Love never hurts. It heals. And there are millions, billions who have never known agape love. Never. I'm glad you are so happy to hear the birds singing and I'm glad you are uplifted by a beautiful sunset, but step out of your shoes for a moment. Maybe a terrifying moment.

Jesus said, "you have heard it said, but I say...."
Ah.......so poetic. Thank you HereforNow.........glad you're....well, you know

Just in case that wasn't understood........I'm glad she's HereForNow.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:49 PM

63,778 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Jesus is God's Word and He never said that! The Word of God (being Jesus) does not offend . . . but your beliefs do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Ah Taratova, (I like that btw) we are made in the image of God and what you are reading is from the OT.......makes a difference. You must focus on the NT and Jesus' teachings.
Amen!
Quote:
*sigh*
God does not offend me.
I am not sure what you are reading into my words.
I must go now, will be back later, perhaps I can word this in a way that you will understand.
peace,
sparrow
Let not your heart be troubled precious sparrow . . . fundies do not use reason or rationality. It is rote dogma that is impenetrable by reason. They do not properly divide the scriptures and they have a savage belief about the nature of God which makes all their understanding corrupted by ancient ignorance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post

Amen Herefornow!! . . . Our God is a loving God who loves us ALL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity