Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 01:26 PM

351 posts, read 355,090 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. Hope your all doing well. I never paid much attention to God growing up. We went to church occasionally but not on a regular basis. I believed in God but did not really think about it.

A few years ago out of the blue my wife, who had grown up in the church but had gotten away from it, said we should start going to church. I agreed, don't know why but I did, (I know now it was God working on me). Went for a while and met some wonderful caring people. As I was getting more involved with the church certain things that I had always kinda wondered about, like eternal torture in hell seemed at odds with a loving God. Oh I had heard all the arguments that God was loving but he was vengeful also. Did not seem he could be both. I started questioning and reading and praying. I came across many websites that put forth both sides and the more I read and prayed to God I started to understand parts of the Bible I did not understand before. I know that there are no contradictions in the scriptures. Some Bible translation cause what seem like contradictions because of bad translations but when you check different translations and pray and God opens your eyes you see the truth and the truth will set you free.

My studying has lead me to understand that God will save all his children and in the end we will all repent and become like out Father, but it will not happen to everyone at the same time or even at the same rate. God works his will to complete his plan and to bring pleasure to him. It pleases him to save his children, He takes no pleasure in the destruction of the wicked and He is not willing that anyone will be lost. If God is not willing it will not happen, so no one will be lost.

So many will call me a universalist but they try to denigrate that by saying we believe that everyone goes to heaven so why be good if we are going there anyway. I try to explain that we understand that there will be judgement and many will be chastised and there will be a wailing and gnashing of teeth, it will not be painless and it will not be pretty but when God's judgements are in the earth all men will learn righteousness. Many on the other side try to say thing we do not believe to make us look foolish.

So the debate will go on and both side will think they are right and try to convince the other side. The truth will be revealed when Jesus returns and then we will know who is correct. I Know that, God who can do anything, nothing is too hard for God, will save all his children because to do any less would make him less than God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 06:06 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
My friends on facebook do not care what I believe , same with my friends at work .... so I will not be influenced by other people and their ideas and believing new ideas will not be a option as the lead in the spirit is here and the Jesus spirit told me to believe the Bible and His lead .......So If the Bible said it then to have honor in the Lord Word is to believe it ....... Even though most people here on this forum know the Lord Jesus some way or other ...I am blessed to read their ideas and comments as Jesus is with them and I will honor Jesus in all of His Children .....Be Blessed...

Old 05-29-2011, 06:29 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Generally realizing that I was speaking in terms of posters on THIS forum, I came to realize that throughout the world we are both in the minority (as I do not believe in ET) when it comes to our beliefs. So my questions are not necessarily directed towards only UR's, but I am interested in hearing from any Christians who post on CD. When did you come to your beliefs? Was it before or after becoming a CD member? Did this forum help you discern what you believe to be truth? How many of you hold the same beliefs you have always held since before CD?
I wasn't raised with any belief. I went searching on my own when I was in my mid thirties. My beliefs are the same as before I came here however, there are some things that I find help me understand them more as I read others thoughts on their own beliefs. I don't know if I believe in universalism 100% however, I do not believe in ET. I believe we will all either end in in the natural love heavens or the Celestial Heavens (Kingdom of God) To be 100% UR, that would mean all will end up in the Celestial Heavens. There are a lot of posters on here that believe that Love will not save you but a mere belief in Jesus so that tells me that those people are relying on a belief instead of obtaining the essence so those people won't become like God and enter into His kingdom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity