Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2011, 09:28 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Jesus is God.
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Jesus is the great I AM.

Jesus was not God nor did he ever claim to be God. The Spirit did not rest on him until after his baptism. The Trinity can be traced back to ancient Babylon. Do you recall something about Mystery Babylon in the Bible? It was predicted that many religions around the world would be permeated by these beliefs. (fiery afterworlds, eternal torment, trinities, etc)

You know Ezra and King Hezekiah were called Father and Everlasting Father, right? Jesus (Joshua) means "God Saves" which was used in the OT for people who God used to produce salvation at one time or another. Yes?

Please start a Trinity thread. I think it will help. I can probably take a little bit of time to debate on the Trinity this week.

Last edited by herefornow; 06-02-2011 at 09:38 PM..

Old 06-02-2011, 09:34 PM

63,778 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
I know the only spirit that is my teacher is the Holy Spirit which already is living in me. It is that spirit that guides. I have no need to contact anything other then to read the word of God and pray.
When you read the OT you are NOT reading the Word of God . . . you are reading scripture under the veil of ignorance. ONLY Jesus is the Word of God, period . . . all else is for instruction and hope.

2 Corinthians 3:14-17

14But their minds were blinded (Blind Minds = ignorance): for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it (the Heart) shall turn to the Lord (Christ), the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit (Holy Spirit): and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Stop trying to get the Holy Spirit to guide you using the OT under the veil of ignorance. We are supposed to use the guidance of the Holy Spirit to understand what God has "written in our hearts" . . . not "written in ink."

2 Corinthians 3: 2-3 (King James Version)

2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God (ONLY Jesus); not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Quote:
I also have a spiritual relationship with Jesus who sees all that I do. He knows all about me. I speak to him in the spirit and also when I pray. Jesus knows my needs even before I do.

the beginning of wisdom is the fear of the Lord but as one walks with Jesus , perfect love castes out fear. A Peace that passes all understanding.
The beginning of wisdom phrase refers to the early members of our barbarous species who could not be motivated by anything else. We are not to retain that fear . . . we are to progress in understanding the true love of God. You seem to have succeeded despite the indoctrination and conditioning by the "precepts and doctrines of men." But you are missing out on the total purity of "love of God and each other" by those heinous precepts and doctrines. Search your Heart . . . NOT the OT ancient ignorance.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
The God in the old testament is the God of the new testament. YOu cannot separate God from Jesus . When you speak that God does evil , you are blaspheming.
What does it take to get you fundies to recognize that we are NOT claiming there are two different Gods. We are just pointing out the huge discrepancies in the DESCRIPTIONS of the nature of God as revealed by Christ and the DESCRIPTIONS of the nature of God in the OT under the veil of ignorance They are two very different and incompatible DESCRIPTIONS and attributes which cannot be reconciled by nonsense like "God's ways are not our ways." There is no difference between the DESCRIPTIONS of Jehovah and His motives . . . and what I would imagine the DESCRIPTIONS of Satan and His motives to be like. There is NO WAY to make those DESCRIPTIONS compatible with Christ!!!

Last edited by MysticPhD; 06-02-2011 at 10:05 PM..

Old 06-02-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Why bother asking for an answer when your mind is closed to the answer?
Jesus was right when refering to Isaiah:
“ ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’ "
Moderator cut: deleted You are NOT using your Heart . . . you are using your mind that has been indoctrinated and conditioned by the "precepts and doctrines of men" based on words "written in ink." Let the Holy Spirit lead you to what God has "written in our hearts" and He will heal the damage done by false and irresponsible teachers who have deliberately stagnated at the level of ancient ignorance for 2000+years.

Last edited by june 7th; 04-22-2013 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: Comments towards other member.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:02 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,463,069 times
QUOTE=twin.spin;19421666]Why bother asking for an answer when your mind is closed to the answer?

Jesus was right when refering to Isaiah:
“ ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’ "

[/quote]

Old 06-03-2011, 01:24 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
You have the spirit of the anti-christ because you post flimsy reasons to deny the word. You have no faith but you do have the belief of satan and speak as though you are above God and his word. You do not fool us at all. Your words speak of rebellion against the true word of God as satan did in heaven and was caste out. Satan is the accuser and he uses people like you to deny the true God and his word. Jesus at that time was man and when he went to heaven he was the full God.. He was made man. If God was to come down as the full God we could not look on him because it would be too magnificient and we could not stand his power and glory and we would die.

Moses was shown the hind parts of God because of the fullness of his power and majesty and glory was too much for any one in the flesh body to see.

Jesus is God.
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Jesus is the great I AM.
I dont' deny Jesus and His teachings. I deny the bible. I'm pretty sure that God is ok with the fact that I don't worship a book. I worship God and I follow the teachings of Jesus.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Yes, your beliefs are wrong . You reject the word of God. you also accuse me of condemning people. The accuser is satan.
As I stated, I don't reject Jesus, I reject the bible. God is not religious. He is for all people whether they are saint or sinner. Besides, I have all eternity to become At-One with Him. And, I've been called worse names than satan.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The verse you're quoting is Jn 10:30.

In that chapter, Jesus is asked point blank by a group of Jews if He is the Christ. "If so, tell us plainly," they said.

In the next couple of verses, He said, "I told you" by my works, but you believed not because you're not one of my sheep. Had they been His, they would have "heard" him. So would you.

"You can't rely on someone else words to know if it's true or not."

Why can't I? You do.
Saying He is the Christ is not saying He is God. Two different things. Keep trying though. Jesus was God personified. Something in which we are all capable of doing. If you understood Jesus and His message, you would know that. It's in your bible.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:43 AM

Quote:
"You can't rely on someone else words to know if it's true or not."

Why can't I? You do.
Because I've never made that claim that what I've been taught is the inerrant word of God and that all others are condemned and unsaved. You do. You believe that we all have to subject to the fundamentalist view of the bible. Take it literally or burn in hell forever. I've never told anyone that they had to believe what I believe or else. Our path is our own. It's only for the individual because no one else can walk in someone elses shoes when it comes to our spirituality. You can recite the bible all you want but that doesn't make it true for the one your reciting it to. It only makes it true for you.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:14 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Pslam 137 is a lamentation of the state of the Isrealites while under captivity in Babylon. It was probably written near the end of that 70 year captivity and Jewish scholars almost unanimously agree it was written by Jeremiah.

You'll recall that God allowed Israel to be overwhelmed by Babylon as a punishment for their unwillingness to repent and turn back to Him. They had drifted far away from Him, even to the point of worshipping other God's and, after repeated warnings through His prophets, He acted upon His word and let Babylon destroy Isreal.

Babylon was one of the most evil empires in history, doing to multiple peoples what they did to Isreal and Judah, so it's clear that God does use evil nations and evil people to accomplish His purposes whenever it suits Him (see: Hitler). After all, He IS God and He IS still on His throne!

In any case, Pslam 137 begins with a brief look at what life is like in Babylon for the Isrealite captives. They can't do this, or that, and they long for their beloved Jerusalem (in which God left a remnant of the people as a bond of His promise to bring them back). They look forward to the day when Babylon receives it's full measure of payment for its evil, just as they received theirs for their unbelief. They, the Isrealites, not God, will be happy to see Babylonian babies dashed against the rocks, just as theirs were when Jerusalem fell. (By the way, that phrase "little ones" applies only to male children.)

The Persian armies of Cyrus did exactly that a short time later. Then, Cyrus allowed the Isrealites to return home and rebuild Jerusalem, just as God had promised. Babylon never again regained its stature, remaining a part of someone elses empire until it slipped into the dust of history.

Here's a couple of key points to remember:

1. That's how wars were fought back then. If a nation conquered another and intended to keep it as a productive part of their own empire, the people were generally spared. But, if they intended to remove that nation or city, male children would be slaughtered because they represented a future threat: soliders.

Brutal? Yes. Harsh? Yes, by our standards today, but it was commonly accepted back then and everyone knew it. There were instances where God himself ordered it done (but, this isn't one of them) in order to punish people for their wickedness. It happened in Jerusalem when Babylon destroyed it.

2. God does not see our individual lives as we do. Yes, we are all precious to Him, but we all die at some point for some reason. Death entered the world in the Garden of Eden and we've all lived with the consequences of that ever since. While we see our own, individual lives and the lives of our families, as unique and worth saving for any reason, God sees the totality of His creation and all of history at once. He knows the outcome of everything before it even happens and this gives Him a longer, more impersonal view of our lives than we can see from our prideful vantagepoint. After all, ours is the only life we have to deal with, while God deals with billions of them simultaneously.

It's a truism that we cannot fathom the mind of God, nor understand things with His understanding, so we oftentimes try to hold Him to our standards of behavior, rather than submitting to His. It's our nature to think more highly of ourselves than we should and this is a classic example. "How dare He do that!" How dare we question what He does! Who are we to challenge the eternal God? When Job did that, he got an earful and finally had to admit that, no, he wasn't in a position to challenge God's authority.

In the end, it all boils down to whether or not we trust that God knows what He's doing and submit to His will. Do we do that, or do we try to force Him to submit to our will and do what we think He should? That's the same line of thought which led to Lucifer to his rebellion and we all know how THAT turned out!

3. When a nation or people come under God's judgment, the righteous, just and innocent suffer right along with the un-Godly. Everyone carried away by the Babylonian's wasn't guilty of the corporate sin of Isreal, yet they endured the punishment too. There is personal guilt and there is community guilt and God does not ignore either one.

The point of all this is that it made sense to God, that He knew what He was doing when He either mandated all this stuff to happen, or chose not to prevent it. It may not make sense to us, but who's in charge here? Us or Him?
That is EXACTLY the answer I expected...because it's the same old tired answer the religious ALWAYS give for the atrocities ordered by and attributed to God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity